Anyone still have any hope it'll get a Snapdragon 800??

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty bummed when I saw HTC One has a Snapdragon 600...especially with that Adreno 320 GPU which will be behind the times before it's even released.

...then I saw the ZTE Grand Memo (what?) just announced with a Snapdragon 800...who knows when that thing will ship...but it gave me back a little hope that Samsung could use it's muscle to get the first/early shipments from Qualcomm??

Just a prayer at this point, though...but still hopeful! Anyone else clinging to hope??

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If it was just announced there's a chance it might not be if the S4 is going to be announced in a few weeks. We can hope for something better than the Snapdragon 600 though, unless Samsung wants to be behind.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If it's the Octa it'll have an even older GPU. Any current high-end SoC will be plenty capable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Grahaman27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope samsung doesnt push the octa before its ready, the last couple exynos versions have had pretty bad battery life and heat when doing cpu intensive things... snapdragon seems to be more efficient. I know the big.LITTLE concept is supposed to help, but when you play a game and the chip switches to the A15 cores I bet battery life will be wretched.

s44

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's not any kind of Snapdragon.

The junky DACs on those things... Is the Note series really going to be the only way to get Exynos/Wolfson?

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's not any kind of Snapdragon.

The junky DACs on those things... Is the Note series really going to be the only way to get Exynos/Wolfson?

Qualcomm seem to have improved their DACs quite a bit. My HTC One X+ sounded absolutely awful, but my Nexus 4 has sound quality almost on par with my ancient Sansa Fuze. The only bad thing about it is the output is pretty quiet, but I'm sure Samsung will do something about that or, if not, a developer will. Of course, I'd much rather have a Wolfson just to know that the sound quality will be the best.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet the S4 will have an Exynos 5 Octa and not an 800 (actually, probably not lol). I'm hoping the 800 will be found in the Nexus 5, as by that time it'll be cheaper but still very strong.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If the rumors are true that they're having issues with Octa right now, then I'm thinking Snapdragon 600 or Exynos 5250 will be in this. Then in the summer the Note III will have an improved version of the Exynos 5 Octa with a more up to date GPU.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Betting on Snapdragon 600 which is fine for now. Looking for more improved features like panoramic feature in the camera and better ability in low light conditions. Would like to see Adobe Flash. Better stock browser and better sound quality in the speakers would be nice as well. Also a bigger battery to power it all.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to bet the S4 will have an Exynos 5 Octa and not an 800 (actually, probably not lol). I'm hoping the 800 will be found in the Nexus 5, as by that time it'll be cheaper but still very strong.

Considering my AT&T upgrade is not up until January 2014, I'm not desperate to jump ship from my beloved Galaxy S3. If I'm not really impressed with the S4 or HTC One, I might wait around and consider the next Note or Nexus (hoping the next Nexus has LTE!).

Again, I am surprised HTC chose to go with the Snapdragon 600...but it seems like they are in a race with Samsung to release a new flagship phone...even if it means compromising on the SoC. If they would both be patient and wait a few more months they could both have Snapdragon 800's. Synchronizing the release cycles of the top of the line SoCs with flagship phones would be a win for everyone.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Considering my AT&T upgrade is not up until January 2014, I'm not desperate to jump ship from my beloved Galaxy S3. If I'm not really impressed with the S4 or HTC One, I might wait around and consider the next Note or Nexus (hoping the next Nexus has LTE!).

Again, I am surprised HTC chose to go with the Snapdragon 600...but it seems like they are in a race with Samsung to release a new flagship phone...even if it means compromising on the SoC. If they would both be patient and wait a few more months they could both have Snapdragon 800's. Synchronizing the release cycles of the top of the line SoCs with flagship phones would be a win for everyone.
HTC will probably use Snapdragon 800's and Tegra 4's later in the year with a new flagship. Last year - One X, later in the year, One X+ with an improved Tegra 3 and DNA/Butterfly with Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064. I expect the same thing to happen this year, especially with Verizon skipping out on the One.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
does anyone feel this the incremental update ??.. i thought s3 was that SMH

I mean, it's all rumors. Who knows what the actual specs will be. If you're question is whether the Snapdragon 600 is an incremental update...not really. It promises 40% improved processing power over the Snapdragon S4 in the Galaxy S3.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I mean, it's all rumors. Who knows what the actual specs will be. If you're question is whether the Snapdragon 600 is an incremental update...not really. It promises 40% improved processing power over the Snapdragon S4 in the Galaxy S3.

Yh the rumours are usually true.. Nearly all the sites reported correct s3 ones.. And i remember they was saying s3 will be an incremental update.. If they increased the spec by a little yet completely changed design i would be happy

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

It's actually a 40% increase over the S4 Pro. So a much higher performing chip than what's in the S3.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a 40% increase over the S4 Pro. So a much higher performing chip than what's in the S3.

This needs to be emphasized more. The S4 Pro was a pretty big leap over the S4 (in the GSIII). The 600 is a 40% leap over the S4 Pro. Considering how smooth the GSIII is to this day, I don't think anybody should be disappointed. The S600 absolutely obliterates the S4 in the GSIII/One X. Who knows when the S800 will make it to market. Most likely not until the later half of the year. Like the S4 Pro before it, you'll see the S800 in stuff towards the year's end. And the Exynos Octa doesn't seem like it'll be that great of a chip... At least not the world-beater it's being made out to be.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Doubt an 800.

600 clocked at 1.9ghz for US
Exynos Octa (with its crap and old GPU) Clocked at 1.8ghz and for Europe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This needs to be emphasized more. The S4 Pro was a pretty big leap over the S4 (in the GSIII). The 600 is a 40% leap over the S4 Pro. Considering how smooth the GSIII is to this day, I don't think anybody should be disappointed. The S600 absolutely obliterates the S4 in the GSIII/One X. Who knows when the S800 will make it to market. Most likely not until the later half of the year. Like the S4 Pro before it, you'll see the S800 in stuff towards the year's end. And the Exynos Octa doesn't seem like it'll be that great of a chip... At least not the world-beater it's being made out to be.

What you mean seem like Octa isnt a good chip? Havent you seen the performance of the Tegra 4 CPU, the Octa has exactly the same 4 A15 cores inside and the T4 obliterated the 600.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What you mean seem like Octa isnt a good chip? Havent you seen the performance of the Tegra 4 CPU, the Octa has exactly the same 4 A15 cores inside and the T4 obliterated the 600.

Yeah but the GPU is completely different. Pretty sure the GPU in the S4 600 & 800 and the Tegra 4 are faster than what's in the Octa. Octa will be a fine chip, but it won't be the fastest. I'm pretty sure it also doesn't have an LTE modem built on to it.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but the GPU is completely different. Pretty sure the GPU in the S4 600 & 800 and the Tegra 4 are faster than what's in the Octa. Octa will be a fine chip, but it won't be the fastest. I'm pretty sure it also doesn't have an LTE modem built on to it.

Agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt