What DO You Want That Has Not Been Announced?

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
4.99 inch SoLux HD display
13 MP FFC
1.9 MP RFC
Key Lime Pie 4.2
TouchWiz v5
Panorama camera capability
1.9 Ghz Snapdragon 600 processor
2 GB RAM
16GB or 32GB
LTE
Colors black and white
Physical home button
Gorilla Glass 2

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Android 4.2 is not key lime pie its still jelly bean, you should know this cause its on your nexus 4 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
BATTERY LIFE!

That alone will make or break it for me. I'm actually pretty content with my GSII right now, and would be even more happy with a GS3. The one thing that's killing it for me is the battery. If we can get a battery life like the Motorola Razr Maxx then I'll be a happy camper. My dream is to have the phone last an entire day of active use with wifi/bluetooth/mobile data/gps/etc on at all times. If I could watch video/music and the surf the net for a whole day (or at least 12 straight hours) that would amazing.

Icing on the cake would be:
1) Screen quality of the HTC Evo LTE (or better)
2) no physical button on the front
3) a little thinner/lighter/less bezel than the GS3

Everything else the same as the GS3 is fine...

How on earth do you actually have time to be looking at your phone for 12 hours in one day? Also, remember there is an important distinction between battery life (i.e. How your device uses its battery) and battery capacity (how much energy the battery can actually accommodate). DROID RAZR MAXX has a very large battery (high battery capacity), but a normal battery life. The combination gave a long up time for the phone.

More than anything what you want is a large battery. But we'll see where Samsung will try to hit in terms of thickness for the S4.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Android 4.2 is not key lime pie its still jelly bean, you should know this cause its on your nexus 4 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Well spotted. Must have been a Freudian slip. Wishing subconsciously for KLP.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: What DO You Want That Have Not Been Announced?

In case you did not know, Samsung promised a Samsung wireless charging solution for the GS3 in May 2012 and NEVER DELIVERED on their promise.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Wireless Charging - YouTube

So even if Samsung announces wireless charging for the S4, it does not mean they will actually DELIVER IT.

Thanks for that. I meant built in wireless out of the box. The S3 and Note 2 are capable but you need to buy the receiver pad and of course have a qi wireless charger which I have for my Nexus 4. I also have the receiver pad for my Note 2 and it does indeed charge wirelessly, but I want it built in to use out of the box. Not have to wait on and buy a separate receiver pad.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Does it take longer to charge a phone wirelessly than with a wired connection?

yes it does take a bit longer but no stress on the all important micro usb connector. It is so easy to just lay it down on the charging mat.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it take longer to charge a phone wirelessly than with a wired connection?

Its negligable on my 920 with Qi. Maybe 10-15% longer vs factory charger. I think Qi is the same tech that Note 2 can be upgraded to???? It really is nice. But, I would take Razr Maxx battery life and give up wireless given the option. Save the space Qi coil uses and give me more battery.

Also, screen type will be a huge issue on battery life.

Sent from my Note 10.1

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
A phone that doesn't feel like its made out of the cheapest possible material and scratches/dents/cracks all over.

Looks like from the teaser, they failed.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Build a bridge and get over it. If you don't like it because of its shell, move on. The improved features and performance as well as Smart Scrolling and Smart Pause are more than worth it. I am going to put a Defender case on it anyway. Samsung appears to be focusing on internals this go around as per usual.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I want from the actual announcement - Samsung announces a device, a pre-order is available right after the announcement, and gives a hard release date within one to three weeks of 14 March 2013 that puts this device on most major carriers as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
just one thing better build quality, please stop with the shiny fisher-price plastic and give us metal/glass or something that doesn't feel like I bought it off the shelf at toysrus.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I want my phone S4 to play music in my car. That's the reason, I had to return S3 bcose I was not able to play music in my Nissan Murano. I tried all apps and various tricks as suggested online but it never works out for me. Is this issue gonna be fixed in Galaxy S4?

You can't connect it via an audio cable with two male ends?

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I want from the actual announcement - Samsung announces a device, a pre-order is available right after the announcement, and gives a hard release date within one to three weeks of 14 March 2013 that puts this device on most major carriers as quickly as possible.

yeah i hope i will be able to preorder tomorrow or friday and have it by early april.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes, roughly 150%-200% longer though you will hear varying (and exaggerated) numbers on either side of that.

Is that 150%-200% the average time or 150%-200% more than the average time? (1.5-2.0*x) or (1.5-2.0*x+x)?