View Poll Results: Google Touts The Xphone As A "Revolutionary" Device, Do You Wait 2 Months To See It B4 A P

75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would Kick Myself For Not Waiting To See What The Xphone Turns Out To Be!

    48 64.00%
  • Don't Care, Want To Buy S4 Now!

    27 36.00%
  1. deesugar's Avatar
    No matter what the S4 turns out to be, how many of us are going to sit on our hands for a couple months and wait to see what Google has cooked up with the very first Xphone which is touted as being "revolutionary"?

    A new report from SmartHouse says that Telstra, an Australian carrier, has reasons to be excited about the product said to hit stores later in July, as the X Phone will come with software never before seen in a smartphone:

    According to Telstra sources, Hugh Bradlow, Chief Technology Officer for Telstra, has told senior mobile staff at Telstra the new device is a real breakthrough, a game changer that will put pressure on Samsung and Apple. []

    Google has been working on this device for a long time. It has software features and capabilities that are not available on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or Apple iPhone. The software is really powerful and it pulls together Google services like no other manufacturer has done in the past, a reliable source told SmartHouse.
    02-27-2013 08:15 PM
  2. Mrlovkim's Avatar
    I am a Samsung fan so not going anywhere till they disappoint me really bad.
    02-28-2013 07:12 AM
  3. AllenRulz's Avatar
    I'm going to wait and see what this X Phone is all about.
    02-28-2013 08:06 AM
  4. Workodactyl's Avatar
    I hope Moto/Google leaks something more than a "game changer" before the S4 hits the shelves--that said, it looks like they have some time to do so. S4 might not even hit the shelves in America until after the Google I/O, but hopefully Samsung tries to push it out sooner from a sales standpoint.

    I'm a little confused as to what this X Phone is compared to the Nexus line. Will the X Phone get KLP before the Nexus (5)? Is this the next Nexus? Will it even be announced at I/O and if so, will it get a Spring release?

    All this X-Phone nonsense, which isn't all that much, if anything, feels like the Bionic rumors way back when. God, that was awful. I lost a lot of respect for Moto after that flop.

    Pft, then there was this: h
    02-28-2013 08:47 AM
  5. Jaycemiskel's Avatar
    I'm tired of only hearing game changing and stuff like that. I'm getting the S4 and if the Xphone really is all that then I'll just sell my S4 and get the Xphone.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    02-28-2013 06:49 PM
  6. smooth3006's Avatar
    If I can pay off this note 2 with tmobile and sell it ill get the s4 on launch day. Probably the international version.
    02-28-2013 06:54 PM
  7. 480volts's Avatar
    If you are with Verizon its gonna be about July when we see the S4, won't be so long of wait for either of them
    03-01-2013 09:10 PM
  8. Soundtrack to Chaos's Avatar
    X phone

    I'll take a look at the note 3 if it isn't the same size as my nexus 7,lol

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-02-2013 01:03 AM
  9. blitz118's Avatar
    The X phone is not coming out no time soon, so I don't see it as a choice against the SGS4 at this time.
    03-02-2013 08:23 AM
  10. ibcop's Avatar
    Just get both....
    Lanhoj, Aquila, MERCDROID and 1 others like this.
    03-03-2013 07:58 PM
  11. Julie Bonnet's Avatar
    I'm going to wait and see what this X Phone is all about....
    Google X Phone The mobile could be amazing and truly new.
    03-04-2013 02:46 AM
  12. xlDeMoNiClx's Avatar
    I can't upgrade til December anyway so I'll wait and compare the XPhone, S4 and HTC One.
    pblakk likes this.
    03-04-2013 07:18 AM
  13. grunt0300's Avatar
    I've had the SGSIII for about a year. The phone is good, the support sucks. Tired of waiting for updates that never come. My next phone will be the Nexus5. Period.
    03-04-2013 07:32 AM
  14. fatboy97's Avatar
    I think the S4 will not go up for sale until after the Motorola X phone specs and device is announced (including all it's revolutionary, which will not amount to anything). This new X phone would have to includes the Maxx's battery and a lot of extras that the S4 does not have for me to not look at replacing my Razr Maxx with the S4.
    03-04-2013 11:29 AM
  15. Suntan's Avatar
    Realistically, the X phone will most likely be announced/leaked prior to VZW shipping the GS4 so it is rather moot for me (alternatively, if the X phone offers anything truly new and inspiring, then it is likely that VZW won't offer it anyway.)

    In any case, Google has shown that they are not interested in the kind of features that I am interested in. I much prefer native support for things like SD card, removable batteries, USB host function and working Bluetooth than I have interest in yet another way of calling up a google search bar. So although I very much enjoy using android, I'm somewhat cool to the idea of a "pure google experience" device.

    equishd likes this.
    03-04-2013 11:58 AM
  16. sledge007's Avatar
    I voted Don't Care. The reality of my answer is I have an S3 and not looking at either phone.
    03-04-2013 12:05 PM
  17. equishd's Avatar
    thats a 2month wait
    03-04-2013 09:58 PM
  18. Los Becky's Avatar
    buy both,
    03-05-2013 02:10 AM
  19. JasW's Avatar
    I want a new phone now. I don't know whether to get the Note 2 or wait for the S4.
    03-05-2013 12:56 PM
  20. smooth4lyfe's Avatar
    Im sure this "Xphone" wont be released until sometime around the holidays if not next I'm getting the Galaxy S4
    03-05-2013 03:28 PM
  21. Tronstar's Avatar
    I'm kind of in both categories. I will buy one immediately for my wife, but for me I'll wait and see Xphone; especially since I just got a nexus 4 a couple months back.
    03-06-2013 09:39 AM
  22. Suntan's Avatar
    Im sure this "Xphone" wont be released until sometime around the holidays if not next I'm getting the Galaxy S4
    I'd have to agree on this. If the X phone was going to be available in the next 3 to 5 months google would have at least leaked a little something around MWC. Maybe they are keeping completely tight lipped until I/O, but the only thing they said at MWC was aimed at managing expectations with the whole "Moto still has a lot of commitments in the pipeline" bit.

    Maybe in time for Christmas, but Moto has been on a really bad delivery timeline the last couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped into next year.

    03-06-2013 11:21 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Root now or wait to see what comes fromthe official GBsourcecod
    By Meinbeast19 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 06:00 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 10:58 PM
  4. Buying root explorer...or trying to.
    By Syntaxx in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
  5. Buy Moto-Droid or wait?
    By IHaveRoflCopter in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 07:23 AM