03-31-2013 11:08 AM
233 ... 8910
tools
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does HTC have the equivalent of S-voice? I don't mean google now or voice to text, it's different. S-voice actually uses the bluetooth microphone when I am talking. The google apps use the phone mic. This is not practical while driving and the phone mounted in a dock. There is too much background noise.

If HTC has the equivalent then I would consider it, otherwise I will lean towards the S4. I have a Note 2 now and I love it, but it's a bit too big at times. I also want more on board storage rather than using an SD card. IMO access times are quicker with native storage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    They don't, but you can download Dragon hands free assistant. There also used to be Vlingo, but its not available. (s voice is a skinned version of vlingo)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-31-2013 12:43 AM
    They don't, but you can download Dragon hands free assistant. There also used to be Vlingo, but its not available. (s voice is a skinned version of vlingo)

Does anyone have a One to test this out on? Why would it work on stock but not Sense? (I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just don't know anyone that has a One to try this out on)

*Edit: I'm not 100% stock, I'm on project elite ROM which could be why it works, but I don't know that for sure either. It's always just worked since I got a bluetooth device in October.
    03-31-2013 12:49 AM
    Does anyone have a One to test this out on? Why would it work on stock but not Sense? (I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just don't know anyone that has a One to try this out on)

*Edit: I'm not 100% stock, I'm on project elite ROM which could be why it works, but I don't know that for sure either. It's always just worked since I got a bluetooth device in October.
    Oh I have no idea about the deal with bluetooth. If s voice is one of the reasons he doesn't want the one, there are other apps that work better than s voice that he can get for the one.

03-31-2013 02:06 AM
    Oh I have no idea about the deal with bluetooth. If s voice is one of the reasons he doesn't want the one, there are other apps that work better than s voice that he can get for the one.

Ok I misunderstood, I thought he only wanted S-Voice because he couldn't get Google Now to coordinate with Bluetooth.
    03-31-2013 02:29 AM
    Ok I misunderstood, I thought he only wanted S-Voice because he couldn't get Google Now to coordinate with Bluetooth.
    I have the N2 now and S-voice does make it possible to use BT. I stated that I would consider the One if it had a similar feature as S-voice. It wouldn't be my only consideration. This BT issue is also a problem on the GS3 as well, so I assume it's an android problem, but maybe not. If I end up with a new phone I am leaning towards the 4 because of the user replaceable battery and SD card. Like I said, I would prefer not to use the SD card, but it's nice to have it for whatever reason. I am also one of the odd ones that like the physical home button.

03-31-2013 07:16 AM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does HTC have the equivalent of S-voice? I don't mean google now or voice to text, it's different. S-voice actually uses the bluetooth microphone when I am talking. The google apps use the phone mic. This is not practical while driving and the phone mounted in a dock. There is too much background noise.

If HTC has the equivalent then I would consider it, otherwise I will lean towards the S4. I have a Note 2 now and I love it, but it's a bit too big at times. I also want more on board storage rather than using an SD card. IMO access times are quicker with native storage.

There are third party equivalents you can download from the Play Store.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    03-31-2013 08:27 AM
    I have the N2 now and S-voice does make it possible to use BT. I stated that I would consider the One if it had a similar feature as S-voice. It wouldn't be my only consideration. This BT issue is also a problem on the GS3 as well, so I assume it's an android problem, but maybe not. If I end up with a new phone I am leaning towards the 4 because of the user replaceable battery and SD card. Like I said, I would prefer not to use the SD card, but it's nice to have it for whatever reason. I am also one of the odd ones that like the physical home button.

I know on the GS3 that S-Voice is what actually prevents Google Now from working with bluetooth (it's a setting thing). But yeah, your list of stuff that makes you lean Sammy is pretty much the list of stuff HTC isn't bringing this year
    03-31-2013 10:35 AM
    What on earth are you talking about?* I owned an s3 for several months and ended up hating it because of the screen. The note 2 is more of the same.*

I'll also be the first to admit the DNA screen is far from perfect.* Its color temp is a bit cold and it doesn't get as bright as htcs, 720p displays. But its still better than what samsung currently has on the market.

Well I owned both the Note 2, GS3, iP5 and I found the screens to be comparable, yes there are trade offs in terms of screen size and it easier to crow about screen sharpness when its 1-1.5" smaller but in the end I didn't hate the GN2 or GS3 at all. I got the iP5 which I am gladly selling as soon as a decent Android replacement launches in the next 1-2 months. Why the screen is too small and no matter how sharp it is size does matter when you are trying to read on a display. That said 1080p 5" display works well for me.
    03-31-2013 11:08 AM
233 ... 8910