03-31-2013 11:08 AM
233 1234 ...
tools
    S4

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    03-04-2013 02:42 PM
    I would get the HTC ONE! Sense is 10x better than wizz!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    03-04-2013 03:20 PM
    In a perfect world I would have both!
    bp3dots and kinz7865 like this.
    03-04-2013 03:21 PM
    In a perfect world I would have both!
    If only. :P
    03-04-2013 05:05 PM

Definitely agree on that one, however in terms of features I think Samsung take the edge

03-04-2013 05:24 PM
    Neither. Played that game with the S3. I will hold out until the note 3 for my daily driver! I just cannot see myself replacing my note 2.

32 GB is enough internal storage. I am getting by with 16GB on my Nexus 4 and it is easier than I thought with drive, box and drop box but they are not really as good as device storage.

Sent from my Nexus 4

UPDATED: after taking my Nexus 4 on spring break...16GB i not enough and the cloud is not really a substitute for more storage or micro SD card. It is slow and time consuming to use and to transfer media to and from. Put me down for at least 32 GB and preferably with a micro SD card slot...
    03-04-2013 05:34 PM

Something about a non-accessible battery and no external sd card slot turns me off of any device without them. So simple to have......
    ubigred likes this.
    03-04-2013 06:18 PM
    I am in same boat but I have once ip4s,1ip4( daughters) an old black Berry LOL and the galaxy captivated thats shook kicking butt!!
    I have Salk upgrades and after using the nexus and galaxy... I'm debating.I would washout for galaxy4... Over get htc one plus x IDK.
    Note is on my mind.I almost grabbed the s3.... Still awesome=)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    03-04-2013 09:38 PM
    must wait for the S4.
    03-05-2013 02:08 AM
    Just had a thought, even nearly a year on the S3 still (in terms of features) holds id say top place, now what about the S4? Its most likely it will have more than what the S3 has. Im definitely looking forward to this

The Hustleman likes this.
    03-05-2013 02:39 AM
    I'm also looking at these two devices. I have a motorola photon, and I want jellybean. To be honest, other than the os, I'm happy with the photon. But motorola treated photon owners very badly, and I won't be buying another phone from them for a while.

The new galaxy is an obvious choice, and is bound to get upgrades. But the htc one is a very sexy device, and you do spend a lot of time looking at and fondling your phone. And I like that the one isn't any wider than my current phone. Phones are getting to big for my pockets.

I plan to wait and see what's available. But the odds are it will be one of these two.
    03-05-2013 07:05 AM
    Something about a non-accessible battery and no external sd card slot turns me off of any device without them. So simple to have......
    Apparently, an external sd card complicates how android works, and creates security issues. It is android architecture, not manufacturers being cheap, that is driving expandable memory from the market.

I do need enough on-board memory to hold my music, since I don't always have access to the cloud. I have to sewed what I an using now, I bet 64gb is plenty.

As for a removable battery... I thought I needed that, and bought some spares for the photon, but I've never swapped my battery out during the day. So maybe I don't need that as much as I thought. So long as it can be replaced when it gets old and doesn't hold a charge well I think I'm okay with a hard-to-access battery, so long as it holds a day's juice.
    03-05-2013 07:10 AM
    An honest question to both of you but if your phones had 64 GBytes of built-in memory, how much if any, more memory would you need?
    Another 32GB probably. I have more than 64GB in mp3 files, and I likes me some room for videos -- both to record and to watch.
    03-05-2013 07:46 AM
    Another 32GB probably. I have more than 64GB in mp3 files, and I likes me some room for videos -- both to record and to watch.
    Wow!

You officially have my respect. I must ask, exactly what songs, what musical genre, do you listen to, all of them?
    03-05-2013 10:40 AM
    Apparently, an external sd card complicates how android works, and creates security issues. It is android architecture, not manufacturers being cheap, that is driving expandable memory from the market.

I do need enough on-board memory to hold my music, since I don't always have access to the cloud. I have to sewed what I an using now, I bet 64gb is plenty.

As for a removable battery... I thought I needed that, and bought some spares for the photon, but I've never swapped my battery out during the day. So maybe I don't need that as much as I thought. So long as it can be replaced when it gets old and doesn't hold a charge well I think I'm okay with a hard-to-access battery, so long as it holds a day's juice.
    I agree with everything you just wrote but, to be honest, I don't like it. Although I really don't need them, I am going to miss the ability to replace my batteries (or better yet, buy an aftermarket extended battery) and add additional memory to my phone using an external SD card but I think those two features in Android phones are going the way of the dodo bird.

The only "hope" I have is that, with the introduction of 1920x1080 resolution phone screens, some people are going to insist that they be able to store and play HD movies on their phones. When people start wanting that, then maybe there will still be a market and the need for additional (and removable) storage. Either that, or phones with at least 128 GBytes of built-in storage.
    03-05-2013 10:54 AM
    The S4 has more features....that already pulls me in
    wilfreb likes this.
    03-05-2013 10:59 AM
    Wow!

You officially have my respect. I must ask, exactly what songs, what musical genre, do you listen to, all of them?
    Let's put it this way: if it weren't for the Grateful Dead, 64GB would indeed be adequate.
    TenshiNo and grilled cheese like this.
    03-05-2013 11:20 AM
    more and more i read your guys threads the more i realize i will most likely end up with the GS4, i just have a sour taste in my mouth after all the issues i had with my Galaxy Nexus though, this is the main reason i am so skiddish about being gung-ho on the Galaxy S4
    03-05-2013 11:28 AM
    more and more i read your guys threads the more i realize i will most likely end up with the GS4, i just have a sour taste in my mouth after all the issues i had with my Galaxy Nexus though, this is the main reason i am so skiddish about being gung-ho on the Galaxy S4
    I think you'll be very happy with any choice over the Nexus.
    gunslinger42 and zuzonline like this.
    03-05-2013 11:53 AM
    who cares about removable battery and SD. Honestly, if battery life is fine, then what else do you need. 32 GB of space is damn plenty
    I do
    jcp007, JasW and zuzonline like this.
    03-06-2013 01:05 AM
    Most likely the One but I'll consider what Sammy got in-store... Only time will tell. For now, am rocking the z 10 and am loving it. Gotta have my BlackBerry.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    03-06-2013 01:28 PM
    hope this will help ya'll in making a decision
    Android rises to top
    03-07-2013 06:53 PM
    Android rises to top
    This is relevant to the topic...how exactly?
    Aquila likes this.
    03-07-2013 06:54 PM
    Android rises to top
    It's weird but I think the leading platform in..well...any industry will always have the most vulnerabilities. There's no such thing as perfect software. I don't know if you've come in to spark a fight but I'm just going to say this article doesn't make me hate on Android at all. It baffles me when people tell me how their iMacs are better because they don't get viruses like my PC does.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-08-2013 12:49 AM
    It's weird but I think the leading platform in..well...any industry will always have the most vulnerabilities. There's no such thing as perfect software. I don't know if you've come in to spark a fight but I'm just going to say this article doesn't make me hate on Android at all. It baffles me when people tell me how their iMacs are better because they don't get viruses like my PC does.
    Agree with this.

@Macbook_Pro
    Weird, the one with nearly 70% market share has more attention than the sum of all things making up the other 30%?! GREAT SCOTT! That also doesn't mention that the vast majority are through side-loaded 3rd party markets, not the Google Play store; where as 90% of iOS Viruses make it through the App Store. Derpity Derp. Fake and biased sensationalism based faux journalism based on inaccurate or misleading analysis of data used out of context should not be quoted by free thinking people, unless it's specifically to point out the hypocrisy of the article.

Did you notice anything weird about that site? The purpose of that article is to generate ad revenue, not to inform you of anything or help you make decisions.
    Did you notice anything about your comment? Both the One and S4 are Android-based, and your recommendation was ANDROID SUX!!!?!?!?! ... That doesn't help th OP at all in choosing between two Android-based products.

Your comment is exactly as relevant as if they would have said, "do you like peanut butter or jelly?" and you responded, "I LIKE PONIES!!!!". Random and useless.

EDIT: That came out very differently than I thought it would. I definitely am not calling the user random or pointless or meaning to insult anyone. I admit, I was irritated by a user who has made 4 posts, all of which are insulting to either Samsung, HTC or Android, showing an iPhone and a Blackberry as primary daily drivers making a comment that I viewed as defamatory and unhelpful; however that does not give me the right to use the tone I did and I sincerely apologize to everyone in this thread, especially Macbook_Pro. The tone and analogy were excessively aggressive and unwarranted.
    03-08-2013 01:06 AM
233 1234 ...