HTC One or Galaxy S4

gunslinger42

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
more and more i read your guys threads the more i realize i will most likely end up with the GS4, i just have a sour taste in my mouth after all the issues i had with my Galaxy Nexus though, this is the main reason i am so skiddish about being gung-ho on the Galaxy S4

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
more and more i read your guys threads the more i realize i will most likely end up with the GS4, i just have a sour taste in my mouth after all the issues i had with my Galaxy Nexus though, this is the main reason i am so skiddish about being gung-ho on the Galaxy S4

I think you'll be very happy with any choice over the Nexus. :D

Alzaeem_502

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Most likely the One but I'll consider what Sammy got in-store... Only time will tell. For now, am rocking the z 10 and am loving it. Gotta have my BlackBerry.

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
hope this will help ya'll in making a decision
Android rises to top

It's weird but I think the leading platform in..well...any industry will always have the most vulnerabilities. There's no such thing as perfect software. I don't know if you've come in to spark a fight but I'm just going to say this article doesn't make me hate on Android at all. It baffles me when people tell me how their iMacs are better because they don't get viruses like my PC does.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's weird but I think the leading platform in..well...any industry will always have the most vulnerabilities. There's no such thing as perfect software. I don't know if you've come in to spark a fight but I'm just going to say this article doesn't make me hate on Android at all. It baffles me when people tell me how their iMacs are better because they don't get viruses like my PC does.

Agree with this.

@Macbook_Pro
Weird, the one with nearly 70% market share has more attention than the sum of all things making up the other 30%?! GREAT SCOTT! That also doesn't mention that the vast majority are through side-loaded 3rd party markets, not the Google Play store; where as 90% of iOS Viruses make it through the App Store. Derpity Derp. Fake and biased sensationalism based faux journalism based on inaccurate or misleading analysis of data used out of context should not be quoted by free thinking people, unless it's specifically to point out the hypocrisy of the article.

Did you notice anything weird about that site? The purpose of that article is to generate ad revenue, not to inform you of anything or help you make decisions.
Did you notice anything about your comment? Both the One and S4 are Android-based, and your recommendation was ANDROID SUX!!!?!?!?! ... That doesn't help th OP at all in choosing between two Android-based products.

Your comment is exactly as relevant as if they would have said, "do you like peanut butter or jelly?" and you responded, "I LIKE PONIES!!!!". Random and useless.

EDIT: That came out very differently than I thought it would. I definitely am not calling the user random or pointless or meaning to insult anyone. I admit, I was irritated by a user who has made 4 posts, all of which are insulting to either Samsung, HTC or Android, showing an iPhone and a Blackberry as primary daily drivers making a comment that I viewed as defamatory and unhelpful; however that does not give me the right to use the tone I did and I sincerely apologize to everyone in this thread, especially Macbook_Pro. The tone and analogy were excessively aggressive and unwarranted.

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Agree with this.

@Macbook_Pro
Weird, the one with nearly 70% market share has more attention than the sum of all things making up the other 30%?! GREAT SCOTT! That also doesn't mention that the vast majority are through side-loaded 3rd party markets, not the Google Play store; where as 90% of iOS Viruses make it through the App Store. Derpity Derp. Fake and biased sensationalism based faux journalism based on inaccurate or misleading analysis of data used out of context should not be quoted by free thinking people, unless it's specifically to point out the hypocrisy of the article.

Did you notice anything weird about that site? The purpose of that article is to generate ad revenue, not to inform you of anything or help you make decisions.
Did you notice anything about your comment? Both the One and S4 are Android-based, and your recommendation was ANDROID SUX!!!?!?!?! ... That doesn't help th OP at all in choosing between two Android-based products.

Your comment is exactly as relevant as if they would have said, "do you like peanut butter or jelly?" and you responded, "I LIKE PONIES!!!!". Random and useless.

EDIT: That came out very differently than I thought it would. I definitely am not calling the user random or pointless or meaning to insult anyone. I admit, I was irritated by a user who has made 4 posts, all of which are insulting to either Samsung, HTC or Android, showing an iPhone and a Blackberry as primary daily drivers making a comment that I viewed as defamatory and unhelpful; however that does not give me the right to use the tone I did and I sincerely apologize to everyone in this thread, especially Macbook_Pro. The tone and analogy were excessively aggressive and unwarranted.

You are to be commended for maintaining civility, but there's no need to apologize. His/hers was a troll comment if ever I saw one.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well since the One isn't coming to verizon I am going to go with the s4. Not to mention the removable battery and samsung being a little better than htc with updates

scoutbb

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC One X and it took HTC+AT&T 6-Months to push out Jelly Bean Update (3/7/2013) - basically HTC's support is not very good which explains why this company is on a down-hill slide. I've never been a big fan of Samsung but if the new S4 doesn't have a physical button on the bottom of the screen I'll be purchasing a S4. Keep in mind the S4 comes with Android 4.2 while the HTC One comes with 4.1 making it 1-OS revision behind it's competitor out-of-the-box.

zuzonline

Feb 28, 2011
www.zuzonline.com
The new sense is supposed to be a redesign, galaxy s4 hasn't come out yet... i feel that "some" of the people commenting here is taking the apple fanboy approach and vouching for products they don't even know about.

Wait until you know what's new with the new galaxy, test drive the one and by then you will be able to get credible opinions by people who actually used the devices.

Unless of course you want a removable battery and external card, then the One wont be good for you regardless.

Since i already have a galaxy s3 I'll be waiting on the Motorola phone x and note 3 and hopefully I'll make a decision on a phone around the end of the year

Zuz
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My argument is that, as it seems that you can do less and less with an SD card (again, for example, you can no longer load your applications on an SD card with the latest versions of Android)

Personally, I never found this to be useful in the first place. I don't install a ton of apps, but I do have a handful, some of which aren't exactly small, and I've still never come close to the limit of the internal storage space. In fact, any of my apps that default to installing on the SD card (pre 4.0), I immediately move back to internal.

So I just don't see the loss of this one feature as a justification to ditch SD cards altogether. They're still handy for moving large files between work/home, storing large collections of music or keeping several movies. Anyone with kids can vouch for how handy it is to be able to entertain their kids with a cartoon or three while traveling/eating/waiting/etc.

While I'm not married to either feature (SD card or removable battery), I'd still very much prefer to have both and I think Google is being very shortsighted in pushing for certain things to be, or not be, included, and the on again/off again features (apps to SD card) just isn't a good way to develop an OS. I love Google, but sometimes they appear a bit erratic.

Ateeb Hussain

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
personally i think not many people these days care about Removeable batteries or SD cards Only us 5-10% tech savvy people care . i am looking forward to the one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge