S4 - Root on vzw, easy/difficult?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I know the S4 isn't out yet, though here are my questions for vzw Samsung users :

1) based on previous galaxy models on vzw, will the S4 be easy/difficult to root?

2) based on previous galaxy models on vzw, is the process of unlocking the bootloader done via an exploit or via samsung site, like how htc and Asus work, where it then voids your warranty?

A little about me, I'm on a rooted htc thunderbolt. Got it first day, and love the world of root (thanks to Upstreammiami3o5, Revolutionary, bamf, & Santod) and would like to know the above for my brother who is on an iPhone 4, so that he too can benefit from root features too when he switches over.
He's been on the iPhone (vzw) since it came out about 2+ years ago and is tired of things to put up with even while jailbroken.

One major beautiful thing about android is that we don't necessarily have to unroot to upgrade/downgrade our OS version, while from what I understand, iPhone users have to unjailbreak, then upgrade, then rejailbreak.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
:confused: so you need some one to judge an un announce phone with to its older models?

To more clarify, I really don't know the root process for Sammy phones, and forum members are welcome to start off with: "well, on the s3 here's what we did.. It was/wasn't difficult" or
"on the captivate, here's what we did... "

One thing I once thought I read is that vzw tries to lock their phones well, and samsung on Verizon can be difficult, but this was a while ago and in the back of my brain so I'm just needing some confirmation to feel more sure, if it's one way or the other.
Of course carriers can try and become more intelligent on how to prevent us from rooting, but of course that can't stop the creative as well as talented developers out there :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

EGill#WP

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It took a leak of an unsigned bootloader to unlock to GS3 on Verizon. I think I have my terms correct here, but either way, without the leak it may have not been possible. So really, it is hard to say whether the GS4 on Verizon will get unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1