03-07-2013 09:41 AM
31 12
tools
    I would have many fewer hesitations about purchasing Samsung-built Android devices if this were to happen. I prefer Google's Design Guidelines for Android by far, and seeing Samsung align themselves with these principles would not only make their stock software much more appealing to me, but it would strengthen Android as a whole, for two reasons:

1. Samsung is, as we all know, the leading Android handset manufacturer. Having them adopt even a bit more of Google's design language and vision for Android would help unify all the Android users' perception of the operating system.
    2. Read this. "Google worried by Samsung's Dominance of Android." Personally, I think it is very much a valid concern. Samsung taking a version of Android and branching off could do significant damage to the momentum that Google's vision for Android has been building post-ICS.
    Well let's hope others can take some of the glory this year from Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    03-07-2013 08:21 AM
    Well let's hope others can take some of the glory this year from Samsung.

Well the Google statement that the upcoming Moto products aren't very awesome isn't a great sign for that, unfortunately.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-07-2013 08:39 AM
    I got the sg3 but wish i had the note 2...when its time to upgrade i hope there is something comparable... But being a long time iPhone user I'm still disgusted with android's mail apps...

Sent from my Apple Android
    03-07-2013 08:58 AM
    Well the Google statement that the upcoming Moto products aren't very awesome isn't a great sign for that, unfortunately.
    Well HTC is probably the best candidate to do it if the advertising for the One is gonna be as big as they claim it's gonna be.

Aquila likes this.
    03-07-2013 09:04 AM
    Well HTC is probably the best candidate to do it if the advertising for the One is gonna be as big as they claim it's gonna be.

I'd hope so. I'm cautious, however--I thought the same exact thing with the One X/S/V.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-07-2013 09:11 AM
    I know this one has been declared fake, but I was wondering what theme they are using. it is quite a nice retro looking theme with the widget matching it perfectly. Any idea what it is?
    03-07-2013 09:41 AM
31 12