Galaxy S IV Maybe Controlled by your Eyes!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Granted the Smart Scrolling and Smart Pause may not be up to expectations but it will further differentiate the GS4 from its competitors. It will only work initially on a few apps and may be a bit glitchy but improvements will be pushed out. Smart Rotation is another feature that I hope pans out as well.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This feature seems quite gimmicky but if it actually works intuatively I would definitely like it. Just seems like it will not work properly. That is purely based on the observation that this is new technology and always seems to need a bit of a break in period for new features like this to be refined. Hopefully Samsung has this well refined right out of the bow though.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
This feature seems quite gimmicky but if it actually works intuatively I would definitely like it. Just seems like it will not work properly. That is purely based on the observation that this is new technology and always seems to need a bit of a break in period for new features like this to be refined. Hopefully Samsung has this well refined right out of the bow though.
At least they're trying new things, whether or not its a gimmick will depend on how much use it can get and how well it works.

It can't be as much of a gimmick as the 3D camera on the Evo 3D was.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How would this work in the dark where your eyes are less visible?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand this will work in the same way that smart stay does. When you are looking at scrollable content, the front facing camera sees that you're looking at the screen and will scroll. When you look away it will stop. It's not as sophisticated as knowing when your eyes reach the bottom of the screen, it's simply sees you looking at the screen and will scroll. In settings you have the ability to choose the scrolling speed. Personally, I think it would be a little annoying and I would rather just scroll manually like I do now. But, who knows? Will see when it gets here! Props to Samsung for the innovation!

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX