S4 giveaway on Facebook

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There's a post on Facebook that 5,000 S4's will be given away, worldwide, apparently by Samsung. You must complete the simple requirements to be eligible. They are:

1. Like this photo.
2. Share this photo.
3. Chose your color (white/black/blue/red

The lucky winners will be selected in 24 hours but will get their gifts at 15 March. Only people that have completed all steps can participate.
Winners will be announced at our Facebook fan page or in private message so make sure you like us on Facebook.

You can go to the Samsung Fan Page on Facebook to check it out. The S4 is pictured on this page, as well.

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The "contest" is real but it's one of those marketing things. Sign-up, follow the instructions, and receive a whole lot of spam in your e-mail box.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The "contest" is real but it's one of those marketing things. Sign-up, follow the instructions, and receive a whole lot of spam in your e-mail box.

That's what Yahoo email accounts are for.

Edit: This is definitely total BS. For one, it's an FB "community" page -- something anyone can set up, so it obviously has nothing to do with Samsung itself (as if one couldn't tell from the third-rate graphics). Second, there's the additional requirement of entering one's "shipping info" at Free Samsung Galaxy S4 GiveAway !. If you go to that site, take out the galaxy, you'll see they've done the same "deal" with the iPhone 5, Macbook Pro, and S3. And if you click on the links there, you are told you have to "complete a quick offer to get your Samsung Galaxy S4." Uh huh.

Last edited:

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's what Yahoo email accounts are for.

Edit: This is definitely total BS. For one, it's an FB "community" page -- something anyone can set up, so it obviously has nothing to do with Samsung itself (as if one couldn't tell from the third-rate graphics). Second, there's the additional requirement of entering one's "shipping info" at Free Samsung Galaxy S4 GiveAway !. If you go to that site, take out the galaxy, you'll see they've done the same "deal" with the iPhone 5, Macbook Pro, and S3. And if you click on the links there, you are told you have to "complete a quick offer to get your Samsung Galaxy S4." Uh huh.

Agreed, and I like the idea about a Yahoo account. I would also add "spam filters" to the mix, too.

My wife actually responded to one of these a few years back and "won" a camera. In fact, I did too many years ago and "won" a Palm Treo 700; so in that regard -- giving these guys the benefit of the doubt -- I think it is real. But if you decide to "enter," then be prepared to get a lot of spam to your "yahoo" account and caught in your spam filter.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're worried about spam, gmail has excellent filters. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt...for now. I don't mind getting rid of a little spam to win a SG4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC