Curiosity Survey

pamnsla

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
With the latest smartphones rolling out much faster than our upgrades... how many on here wait till their upgrade to get their phone of choice and how many of you just pay full price?

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Full price as I purchase phones every 6 months or so. I usually sell my previous phone and recoup some of the cost. NOTE, I do set aside around $500 a month to my "next gadget fund", so budget is not an issue.

Seronac

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have decided that I will no longer have a contract and be stuck with a carrier for two years just because they're financing the purchase of my phone. Especially when phones are so stinking overpriced: I mean, seriously, is a Note 2 really worth $700? It's ridiculous.

Therefore, I purchase the phone outright and get my service separately. That is why I have a Nexus 4: reasonably priced, pure Android experience, faster updates, and a fast, stable, beautiful phone. I'll do it every year or two. I'm in no hurry for the latest thing, I'll let other people find the bugs.

However, I must admit that I am a bit jealous of some of the features of the Note 2. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Will be paying full price this time or adding a line and canceling right away.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been paying full price for devices I put on my plan. I will not be obligated to any carrier. I also still have my unlimited data. I wonder when that will end even with paying full price for my devices?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Philosophically and financially, I'd be okay just paying for the phone and not tying it to a contract. But in fact, my current contract expires in June, so I will probably wait and buy a subsidized phone then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar