Carrier Branding

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Though the S3 had much more pleasing carrier branding than most of the S2 variants, I feel like the S4 might not have any at all. My mom recently bought an iPhone 5 and I was shocked to see it was completely unbranded. Since carriers are really starting to warm up to Galaxy devices (apparently they begged Samsung to announce the S4 in the US), do you think Samsung will have enough leverage to keep the hideous branding off of the device? It's even more likely if the S4 happens to be a world phone. I guess this isn't a huge deal, but aesthetically, it would please me.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Though the S3 had much more pleasing carrier branding than most of the S2 variants, I feel like the S4 might not have any at all. My mom recently bought an iPhone 5 and I was shocked to see it was completely unbranded. Since carriers are really starting to warm up to Galaxy devices (apparently they begged Samsung to announce the S4 in the US), do you think Samsung will have enough leverage to keep the hideous branding off of the device? It's even more likely if the S4 happens to be a world phone. I guess this isn't a huge deal, but aesthetically, it would please me.

Nope.... It will have Samsung THEN carrier installed bloatware along with a Samsung modified Android experience.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You might get lucky again and only have the branding on the back of the phone.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
There'll probably be a giant VERIZON watermark along the diagonal length of the screen. Complete with a Verizon logo obscuring 1/3 of the back. Oh, and more bloat than a goat on a boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair