04-14-2013 04:15 PM
67 123
tools
    I haven't bought an S4 yet; today just didn't seem to be a good day to do it. If it has physical buttons, will pass entirely; otherwise waiting until at least tomorrow to make a decision.
    The s4 is not even out yet... Not remotely close to being released. You're at least a month away from having it in retail stores. Even longer if you live in the us...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    XChrisX likes this.
    03-12-2013 10:29 PM
    If the phone is like the same one from all the leaks that have been going viral over the past couple of the days then I don't think I'll be upgrading my note 2. It looks like a smaller version of the note 2. Sure the rumored specs are nice and all but it seems like a speed upgrade over the note 2. The device barely if ever uses the 4 cores it is capable of doing let alone 8. I bet all these "software upgrades" will come to the current generation of flagship devices that Samsung already has. Either way I have an upgrade so I may get it.. Lmao it seems like my last sentence just contradicted my whole post. Oh well I'm drunk who cares.

03-12-2013 10:36 PM
    If the rumored specs are true ill either get the international version with 8 cores or ill pass and get the htc one. So far the US specs aren't impressive.
    03-12-2013 11:19 PM
    Exactly why bother upgrading? The S4 is basically S3"S". Same old crap from Samsung again because they can't innovate because they can't copy Apple who isn't innovating.
    Um I don't know where you've been lately but apple has been playing follow the leader trailing behind samsung and Android as of whole lately

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    03-13-2013 12:16 AM
    Um I don't know where you've been lately but apple has been playing follow the leader trailing behind samsung and Android as of whole lately

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    How's the new job going? Sold a lot of phones yet?? Lol

03-13-2013 12:53 AM
    The s4 is not even out yet... Not remotely close to being released. You're at least a month away from having it in retail stores. Even longer if you live in the us...

That explains why I didn't buy one yesterday and why I can wait until at least today to make a decision. Now I'm not buying one today either and will wait at least another day before deciding!
    03-13-2013 03:35 AM
    That's the same question asked by many (not all) S2 owners when S3 debuted. Those who passed on the S3 are ready for the S4.

Most are news watchers, others are news makers.
    03-13-2013 05:00 AM
    Why would I upgrade from my s3. The weak dual core snapdragon, I dont like it I much prefer the exynos in the s2 to this processor.
    03-13-2013 09:09 AM
    If the current leaks are true I will probably stick it out with my GS3, and wait for the Note3. I don't NEED a GS4, but I've got an upgrade available. Fingers crossed for a redesign tomorrow!
    03-13-2013 11:04 AM
    If the current leaks are true I will probably stick it out with my GS3, and wait for the Note3. I don't NEED a GS4, but I've got an upgrade available. Fingers crossed for a redesign tomorrow!
    if the rumor of a 6.3" phone is true ill skip the note 3.
    03-13-2013 11:07 AM
    if the rumor of a 6.3" phone is true ill skip the note 3.
    Agreed, but the new rumors peg the device at around 5.9" I'm in the gym, and run a lot and can't be lugging a tablet around with me to those places.
    03-13-2013 02:55 PM
    2600mAh battery in the S4 is not much better than 2100mAh battery in the S3... Your maybe looking at a 10% increase in battery life...
    03-14-2013 12:52 PM
    2600mAh battery in the S4 is not much better than 2100mAh battery in the S3... Your maybe looking at a 10% increase in battery life...
    Actually, new screen technology and considering the battery is almost 25% larger, I'd expect at least a 25% more efficient battery cycle.
    03-14-2013 01:06 PM
    How's the new job going? Sold a lot of phones yet?? Lol

Definetly.

I love my job, I've been outselling my coworkers because I know more about the phone's to answer questions.

Plus I'm good at convincing customers to buy an android over an iphone lol

03-15-2013 01:31 AM
    Its your choice to update, though the S3 will get some of the S4s features, soon.
    But, the S4 would be faster, last longer, has an larger display and new features, that you might want, or love.
    If the price is right, decide if your S3 really needs an update.
    I recommend you wait 1 more year to update your phone.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 03:10 AM
    I'll wait till next year. Nothing that entices me to update now
    03-15-2013 08:21 AM
    After yesterday, I probably won't be getting it, at least not at launch. I am however, not as critical about the device as some are and not as disappointed. It's about what the expected. It's only so much they could do. Similar to Apple and it's devices. We all want some revolutionary each year when it's just not possible right now. My reasons for not getting it is I don't go "gaga" over hardware and the S3 is supposedly getting some of the software features that won't require hardware. It's like the iPhone 4 getting everything the 4S got except Siri. I can live with that. And I don't and will not use Samsung for content and proprietary services so that part was no interest to me. First thing I did when I rooted and unlocked my S3 was find a ROM that got rid of Samsung's apps. But I realized general public probably does use them so it'll mean more to those users. So for the users that need the latest and greatest, they'll get this and those who have been tempted by the S3 will now finally be persuaded to get the S4. I'm pretty sure it will still sell like hotcakes. I guess I'm going to have to sit tight for a while to see what's next, again.
    03-15-2013 08:36 AM
    Definetly.

I love my job, I've been outselling my coworkers because I know more about the phone's to answer questions.

Plus I'm good at convincing customers to buy an android over an iphone lol

Remember it's not about what you prefer but about what they prefer
    Keep selling man being top performer will get your name out, I work at best buy Mobile. I started as a occasional seasonal in October of 2011, had top quarter numbers for half FY12 and all of FY13 and now I'm a store manager. It all started as a part time gig while I'm going to school for software engineering lol. Anyways keep on selling! Glad it's going well for you man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-2013 02:36 AM
    Remember it's not about what you prefer but about what they prefer
    Keep selling man being top performer will get your name out, I work at best buy Mobile. I started as a occasional seasonal in October of 2011, had top quarter numbers for half FY12 and all of FY13 and now I'm a store manager. It all started as a part time gig while I'm going to school for software engineering lol. Anyways keep on selling! Glad it's going well for you man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah what I do is tell them "you know the iphone is a great device, but the are other phones out there with great features as well, I have a galaxy s III you can play with here" and most of the times I wow them and inform them of the 14 days.

My best sale was 7 line plan, 5 phone lines ,one hot spot, and a home phone. The customer picked 5 smartphones, all EOL devices which made me extra money, I made about 650 bucks on that one sale

03-16-2013 07:17 AM
    Why would I want to upgrade to the S4 from my S3? I can't see anything here on this S4 forum that would make me want to.

Am I missing something other than the new factor?
    So don't upgrade. No one is making you.

-Suntan
    03-16-2013 08:09 AM
    I'm probably going to go with the Galaxy Note 3 because the screen size just can't be matched by any other smartphone except for the Optimus G Pro but then again that was just another copy off of Samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    When is it coming out and how large is the screen going to be, because I have heard rumors that is going to be 6 inches or something like that?
    03-16-2013 08:50 AM
    Why would I want to upgrade to the S4 from my S3? I can't see anything here on this S4 forum that would make me want to.

Am I missing something other than the new factor?
    I believe that you are.

Understand, the Galaxy S4 was not released by Samsung to entice people to upgrade from their S3 devices. WIll some folks do it? Sure. However, that is not the goal behind Samsung's S4 release. Besides, all device makers release newer models of their flagships, annually.

The majority of people who purchase an S4 will be doing so because, they will be eligible for an upgrade by their wireless carrier and coming from a device that is 2+ years old. That is who Samsung wants.

Samsung has a wide S3 following, that they are very happy with, and want to keep. In addition, Samsung wants to capitalize on that momentum but not by cannibalizing S3 owners making them, S4 owners. Rather, Samsung is hoping to lure customers away from the competition (Apple,LG, HTC) who offer similar products to (in this case) the S4. That's the targeted audience, and the only way for Samsung to increase its market share.

So, if you currently have an S3 and are happy with it, Samsung wants you to retain that device and continue to have a great experience with it. Which is probably why current S3 owners do not see much reason to upgrade.

That being said, I am sure in another year or two, Samsung, will release a device that will be more enticing to the S3 crowd, who in turn, may find it to be a more appealing and worthy of their upgrade.
    ultravisitor likes this.
    03-16-2013 09:44 AM
    I love my s3. And I'm definitely going to get the s4. Main reason is to stick it to all the isheep out there that the camera blows the icrap out of the water. Even if they are raving about panorama view. And because I love the product samsung pushes out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-2013 03:37 PM
    My only reason would be because it's a shiny new device, something new to play with. Home button doesn't bother me and right now my S3 combined with my Nexus 7 tablet do everything I need.
    I really like that home button. I realize Android purists don't, but screw 'em. It's good to have.
    03-16-2013 08:01 PM
    I love my s3. And I'm definitely going to get the s4. Main reason is to stick it to all the isheep out there that the camera blows the icrap out of the water. Even if they are raving about panorama view. And because I love the product samsung pushes out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Apple is falling behind. Yeah, nice camera. Samsung is pretty good. Too bad your iphone is in second place in everything else
    03-16-2013 08:02 PM
67 123