Why Upgrade from the S3?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't bought an S4 yet; today just didn't seem to be a good day to do it. If it has physical buttons, will pass entirely; otherwise waiting until at least tomorrow to make a decision.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is what I did, I purchased the GS3 at retail price, and plan to sell it when GS4 comes out, by then my contract will completely end so that I'd be able to get GS4 at basically free (w/ sold amount from GS3 of course). I'd be rocking GS4 for bout a year than when GS5 or whatnot comes out, I'll again buy it for retail price then sell the GS4 at a decent price.

I'll rock the new phone every year without losing too much :)

I usually have a device 6-8 months, then on to something new(er).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Had my GS3 since launch. Haven't decided to get a GS4 on launch day.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't bought an S4 yet; today just didn't seem to be a good day to do it. If it has physical buttons, will pass entirely; otherwise waiting until at least tomorrow to make a decision.

The s4 is not even out yet... Not remotely close to being released. You're at least a month away from having it in retail stores. Even longer if you live in the us...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is like the same one from all the leaks that have been going viral over the past couple of the days then I don't think I'll be upgrading my note 2. It looks like a smaller version of the note 2. Sure the rumored specs are nice and all but it seems like a speed upgrade over the note 2. The device barely if ever uses the 4 cores it is capable of doing let alone 8. I bet all these "software upgrades" will come to the current generation of flagship devices that Samsung already has. Either way I have an upgrade so I may get it.. Lmao it seems like my last sentence just contradicted my whole post. Oh well :D I'm drunk who cares.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If the rumored specs are true ill either get the international version with 8 cores or ill pass and get the htc one. So far the US specs aren't impressive.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Exactly why bother upgrading? The S4 is basically S3"S". Same old crap from Samsung again because they can't innovate because they can't copy Apple who isn't innovating.

Um I don't know where you've been lately but apple has been playing follow the leader trailing behind samsung and Android as of whole lately

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Um I don't know where you've been lately but apple has been playing follow the leader trailing behind samsung and Android as of whole lately

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

How's the new job going? Sold a lot of phones yet?? Lol

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The s4 is not even out yet... Not remotely close to being released. You're at least a month away from having it in retail stores. Even longer if you live in the us...

That explains why I didn't buy one yesterday and why I can wait until at least today to make a decision. Now I'm not buying one today either and will wait at least another day before deciding!

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
That's the same question asked by many (not all) S2 owners when S3 debuted. Those who passed on the S3 are ready for the S4.

Most are news watchers, others are news makers.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why would I upgrade from my s3. The weak dual core snapdragon, I dont like it I much prefer the exynos in the s2 to this processor.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If the current leaks are true I will probably stick it out with my GS3, and wait for the Note3. I don't NEED a GS4, but I've got an upgrade available. Fingers crossed for a redesign tomorrow!

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
2600mAh battery in the S4 is not much better than 2100mAh battery in the S3... Your maybe looking at a 10% increase in battery life...

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
2600mAh battery in the S4 is not much better than 2100mAh battery in the S3... Your maybe looking at a 10% increase in battery life...

Actually, new screen technology and considering the battery is almost 25% larger, I'd expect at least a 25% more efficient battery cycle.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
How's the new job going? Sold a lot of phones yet?? Lol

Definetly.

I love my job, I've been outselling my coworkers because I know more about the phone's to answer questions.

Plus I'm good at convincing customers to buy an android over an iphone lol

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Its your choice to update, though the S3 will get some of the S4s features, soon.
But, the S4 would be faster, last longer, has an larger display and new features, that you might want, or love.
If the price is right, decide if your S3 really needs an update.
I recommend you wait 1 more year to update your phone.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey