03-24-2013 05:49 AM
67 123
tools
    That was one of the rumors. If its any form of amoled it is going to have horrible power consumption.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Man are you a sight for sore eyes!
    03-14-2013 06:01 PM
    The octa is a gimmick feature and it isn't clear how much more drain it will cause
    You're kidding right?
    Try reading a little on this first.
    03-14-2013 06:02 PM
    You're kidding right?
    Try reading a little on this first.
    No I'm not kidding. The octa will not decrease battery drain in the slightest, and will likely increase it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 06:47 PM
    No I'm not kidding. The octa will not decrease battery drain in the slightest, and will likely increase it.
    It would be a huge fail if Samsung couldn't get it to consume less power, since that's kinda the big thing about it.
    03-14-2013 06:53 PM
    It would be a huge fail if Samsung couldn't get it to consume less power, since that's kinda the big thing about it.
    Better get a backup battery I guess. Lol
    03-14-2013 06:56 PM
    Don't underestimate the ability of Samsung to screw up something like that in an effort to be 'first'.
    03-14-2013 07:02 PM
    Don't underestimate the ability of Samsung to screw up something like that in an effort to be 'first'.
    I guess they could just go Apple's route and slightly improve features about 3-4 years after they come out.
    03-14-2013 07:18 PM
    I'm not seeing it, but I trust you. Still means nothing, who the heck knows what was done to this phone prior to the pics/vids being posted. We should all know better than that by now, right?
    Yeah, I get what your saying - no telling how it was cracked but it's all good - I'm still going to get it.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    03-14-2013 08:22 PM
    Yeah, I get what your saying - no telling how it was cracked but it's all good - I'm still going to get it.
    So, the leak was accurate. And the back cracked. Not a good thing to have leak the day before the announcement.

Wonder if they improved the quality of the plastic for the production version.
    03-14-2013 11:14 PM
    I'm going to wait for the Note 3. The S4 is great but what's up with this S-Translate. Google Now has all that built in along with the own Translation app.

I feel allot of this new software to be kinda on the gimmick side of things.

I was kinda thinking they would move away from the design they have been using since the first Galaxy S. But I'm happy they didn't. I love the home button and the overall look.

The thing that I'm really starting to notice as I browse through the software features is that most of this stuff is built in to 4.2.2 but Samsung calls it there own. Which is fine by me. This also means that the S3 and Note 2 will be getting all of this when we get our 4.2.2 update. The only thing the S3 isn't going to have is air view because it's a Note 2 and S4 hardware thing.

I don't think I would upgrade from the S3 to the S4. In fact I would go for the Note 2, only because bigger really is better, the screen on the Note 2 is RGB. I'm kinda even thinking of waiting for the Note 4 but then again the Note 3 with a 5.9" screen at 1080p sounds great as long as it's RGB.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 11:42 PM
    I'm going to wait for the Note 3.
    yeah, if I have to deal with samsung's crap radios, then I want a really, really, big screen to compensate!
    03-15-2013 12:01 AM
    yeah, if I have to deal with samsung's crap radios, then I want a really, really, big screen to compensate!
    You must either be using a Verizon phone or an AT&T phone that is not a smartphone. Samsung smartphones have had good reception since the GSII on AT&T. That used to be a problem with Samsung devices but they obviously put higher quality radios in their higher end GSM phones.
    03-15-2013 12:20 AM
    You must either be using a Verizon phone.
    yeah, I am on VZW. But it is not just the CDMA radios that suck, it is the 4G LTE radio, which was worse.
    03-15-2013 12:25 AM
    So, the leak was accurate. And the back cracked. Not a good thing to have leak the day before the announcement.

Wonder if they improved the quality of the plastic for the production version.
    There is no telling how it was cracked. Maybe a bad back, maybe the dude (or dudette) didn't take care of it. I hope it was a fluke.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    03-15-2013 11:36 AM
    There is no telling how it was cracked. Maybe a bad back, maybe the dude (or dudette) didn't take care of it. I hope it was a fluke.
    So what it cracked? Its not advertised as indestructible and neither should it be indestructible. You may think this is bad but just wait for the HTC one to be released and then look at all the dents and scratches on the aluminum body. I would much rather spend $10 on a back plate and replace it. I have no option to replace the aluminum on the HTC one, don't get me wrong its a beautiful device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 12:00 PM

I'm thinking it cracked when the guy did his own stress test by bending it as he demonstrated in the picture:

lpt2569 likes this.
    03-15-2013 12:44 PM
    Bigger Battery???? 2600mAh battery???? the S3 is 2100mAH battery. Which means if I buy an S4 Ill still have to charge it every 10-12 hours after moderate use. Your only looking at maybe 10% more battery in the S4 than the S3
    Then get the Note 2, the battery life is crazy good and you get a bigger screen. I get at least 6 hours of display time doing various things. On average I use about 3-4 hours of display and my Note 2 lasts two days with moderate use. Calling, texting a few games here and there.

I'm not sure what the S3 gets but I do hear allot of complaints about the battery life.

Imho why would you get a S4 when you can get a Note 2 with a great RGB display and amazing battery life. These are my opinions but the facts are facts. 5.5" of beautiful Super AMOLED Plus. More Battery life then you would need. The S-pen, for great photo editing right on the spot, along with other awesome features and powers the S-Pen beholds. The battery also charges very fast within about 2-3 hours depending on how low you let it go.

Imho, there are many other facts I could go on and on about...

Just go out and check one out, you won't leave without one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    03-24-2013 05:49 AM
67 123