Supposed Galaxy S IV leak resurfaces in high-res pics, lists more features and specs!

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Supposed Galaxy S IV leak resurfaces in high-res pics, lists more features and specs

The new pictures show off what's measured as a 1080p 4.99-inch display with an embossed home key and cross-hatch textured plastic back cover (already cracked on this unit). Engadget Chinese came through with a translation, and the specs listed on it168 claim its Exynos 5410 is a 1.8GHz 8-core CPU unit, with PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU. The i9502 weighs in at 138g and measures 7.7mm thick, packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB ROM storage with a microSD expansion slot and has a 2600mAh battery.

What do you all think?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Exynos isn't coming to the US.

Also, Samsung is pulling an apple. They're putting out an update that will be 'just good enough'. It worked for apple because the market wasn't hugely competitive when they did it. I doubt it will work for Samsung, for the same reason apple has been having some issues.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why a company has to completely overhaul the device in order for it to be considered a change. This is a complete upgrade from the S3, bigger battery, better screen, thinner, faster processor, new gimmick features, better camera. What else do you expect them to change...?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Exynos isn't coming to the US.

Also, Samsung is pulling an apple. They're putting out an update that will be 'just good enough'. It worked for apple because the market wasn't hugely competitive when they did it. I doubt it will work for Samsung, for the same reason apple has been having some issues.

The only thing they're really keeping is the design language, which has just (in the last probably 6-8 months) caught on. It's a little tired to S3 owners, but for everyone else it's not outdated. Everything else is updated. The screen is better (Apple has hardly changed its Retina display since it first appeared), the processor is much improved with better battery efficiency, the battery is larger, the camera is better, and there are some new software implementations. Just because the design language is the same doesn't mean it isn't a worthy upgrade. Plus, it doesn't make sense for Samsung to make huge changes to the visuals of TouchWiz when they'll probably overhaul it with the Key Lime Pie upgrade that will come a few months after the announcement to the S4. If I had an S3, I'd be salivating for the S4.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why a company has to completely overhaul the device in order for it to be considered a change. This is a complete upgrade from the S3, bigger battery, better screen, thinner, faster processor, new gimmick features, better camera. What else do you expect them to change...?

We posted at around the same time, but I completely agree with you. It would be stupid to get rid of a design that works, especially when they're going to be forced to overhaul it next year since the SV will probably have a flexible display. Three different design languages for three different years would have been brand recognition hell. Samsung clearly wants people to see a their phones and think "Oh, hey. That's a Samsung phone." And, if you think about it, there wasn't a radical design change between the Galaxy S and SII. So it only makes sense that there wouldn't be between the S3 and S4.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Plastic!? No thanks!! Sorry but I can no longer consider a high end phone plastic anymore. Let please Motorola don't disappoint with X

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The new pictures show off what's measured as a 1080p 4.99-inch display

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but why oh why is it being called a "4.99 inch" display? Why not just a "5 inch display"? The difference between the two is so negligible -- I mean, really, measuring in inches on a ruler, you usually don't get smaller divisions than 1/16th of an inch or maybe 1/32nd, and this is between 1/64th and 1/128th of inch (closer to the later). That's ridiculous. Nobody's going to call them out for false advertisement on a 1/100th of an inch (aka basically a quarter of a millimeter) difference.

Drew Davis

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

It is reasonable to expect Samsung to improve the design... I like my galaxy s3 but I am extremely disappointed the s4 appears to be the same cheap plastic design with a home button... Enough so it might be a deal breaker... The new hardware and features seem great but without a nice ecosystem to accompany them they are just gimmicks, I could've gotten behind a nice new design but with this ill probably just stick with my gs3. I'm almost glad they are not doing anything great cause I can't afford a new phone and at least this way I don't have to want it haha

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Really want to take this device on a test drive. My wife had the Galaxy S2 and I had the Galaxy S3 and loved it. Now we both stepped up and got up the Note II but now with the Galaxy S4 being released, I'm thinking what is the price tag and should I invest?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
why does everybody assume it wont get the exynos just because the s3 had to use snap dragon for lte ? the note2 has a exynos with lte .

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought the note 2 so won't be getting this. However, if the leak is correct it's a little disappointing to be fair. Seems a bit of a powerhouse but im not keen on the 2600mah battery with such a large screen. Either way it will be a great phone but not really much of an upgrade.

Will I get a new update to receive new features like apple do with their devices?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how they managed that. Anyways, at least it'll be easier to replace a damaged removable back plate than if it were a unibody phone. :)

I have a One X. That phone is a tank. It's unibody has taken some nasty spills, and come away unscathed every time.

I mean what you said is true. It's replaceable. But wouldn't it be nice if it didn't crack so easily? This DOES speak to the quality of Samsung plastic. Hopefully production version is a little more robust.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Your really going to down a phone due to a preproduction test model having a cracked back. Seems like saying a phone is bad because a preproduction test model has bugs. And other than open gl 3.0 the sgx544mp3 is far superior to the 320. Have you actually looked at benchmarks between the two the iPhone 5 beats the 320 in a lot of test. Then when you consider this will be clocked 300mhz higher and has a higher memory bandwidth. Other than using less power due to not running a15 cores. The s600 is inferior