Samsung UNPACKED Livestream Youtube

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Better camera, better/bigger screen, bigger battery, many more features, better accessories and integration with entertainment systems/vehicles. Did you want it to do your laundry and make you dinner?
people are not complaining about lack of features. Amount of features is not the only determining factor of a quality handset. People are complaining about the build quality and plenty of redundant features with google services such as s voice.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I love some of the features that Touchwiz provides, but the UI doesn't have to look like that to accomplish the same feature set. Google has provided an outstanding UI and application design structure, and Samsung continues to ignore it with their 2011 appearance. It's frustrating.

The need for physical buttons also went away with ICS 4.0 in 2011, yet we're still seeing them over and over. I haven't owned a Samsung product since the GNex, mostly because I play with them in the stores and that button feels cheap and unreliable. That may just be the display models, but I can't understand why Samsung is 6 months ahead of other OEMs in features, but 2 years behind in design of UI and hardware. Taking some queues from Google and HTC, etc. would be a great benefit to them and consumers.

The main benefit of the S4 to me is that it sets a new bar for the other really great phones of 2nd and 3rd quarter to surpass; just like the S3 did last year. This phone is awesome, and I hope it sells well; but their refusal to recognize that 2 years have passed since ICS is incentive enough for many to wait for the X Phone, Nexus 5, etc, which are both expected to be leaps and bounds ahead of the Q1 releases by HTC, LG and Samsung.
There are some people that like the physical button and some that don't really care, just cause there isn't a need for it doesn't mean it should fade from existence altogether. Not yet anyway.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Which device (other than a Nexus device) do you recommend with stock Android?

(P.S. - I have a Nexus 10 but I want my phone to be able to connect to AT&T's LTE network.)

Asus, Motorola and LG all stick pretty close to stock with their Android based phones and tablets. It doesn't have to be pure stock to have the general feeling of it.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
people are not complaining about lack of features. Amount of features is not the only determining factor of a quality handset. People are complaining about the build quality and plenty of redundant features with google services such as s voice.

Stock Android doesn't have anything that directly competes with S Voice. S Voice came out to compete with Siri and while Google has some voice integration, it doesn't do near as much as S Voice (and now S Voice Drive).

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Asus, Motorola and LG all stick pretty close to stock with their Android based phones and tablets. It doesn't have to be pure stock to have the general feeling of it.

Maybe it matters to you. It didn't matter to the more than 100 million users that have bought Samsung Galaxy phones.

If you want an (almost) stock Android interface, I wouldn't suggest looking into a Samsung handset anytime soon.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Why do they have to come out with a new design every model? I think the design of the S3/S4 is perfectly fine and so do 40+ million people.

Because the S3 design is OLD. Why the hell would I pay good money for a 2012 design? The materials sucked on the S3 too.
They aren't going to sell as many S4's.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Stock Android doesn't have anything that directly competes with S Voice. S Voice came out to compete with Siri and while Google has some voice integration, it doesn't do near as much as S Voice (and now S Voice Drive).
can you please tell me exactly what svoice does that google voice and google now doesn't?

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Better camera, better/bigger screen, bigger battery, many more features, better accessories and integration with entertainment systems/vehicles. Did you want it to do your laundry and make you dinner?

Agree with you. What exactly were people expecting? For it to turn into a spaceship and fly them to Mars?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it matters to you. It didn't matter to the more than 100 million users that have bought Samsung Galaxy phones.

If you want an (almost) stock Android interface, I wouldn't suggest looking into a Samsung handset anytime soon.

Exactly, hence:

The main benefit of the S4 to me is that it sets a new bar for the other really great phones of 2nd and 3rd quarter to surpass; just like the S3 did last year. This phone is awesome, and I hope it sells well; but their refusal to recognize that 2 years have passed since ICS is incentive enough for many to wait for the X Phone, Nexus 5, etc, which are both expected to be leaps and bounds ahead of the Q1 releases by HTC, LG and Samsung.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
can you please tell me exactly what svoice does that google voice and google now doesn't?

Opens apps, sets timers, plays music, updates twitter, sets an alarm, turns on Wi-Fi, records voice, adds new task, adds a memo, searches for a contact, and many others.. all by tapping the home button twice and speaking.

You either must not have this feature or you don't know how to use it.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Agree with you. What exactly were people expecting? For it to turn into a spaceship and fly them to Mars?
Good just ignore the CONTENT of the negative views of the s4. NO ONE said anything about lack of features. They packed a crap ton of features into the phone most of them gimmicks. People are complaining about build quality, ui design and redundant features.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Opens apps, sets timers, plays music, updates twitter, sets an alarm, turns on Wi-Fi, records voice, adds new task, adds a memo, searches for a contact, and many others.. all by tapping the home button twice and speaking.

and you must have not tried Google voice after jellybean

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Agree, S-Voice is integrated much better with many apps, whereas Google Now is integrated much better with select Google services. As an assistant, S-Voice is much better.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

btw unless Samsung seriously put in work into s voice's voice recognition and speed it still will pale in comparison to Google voice and Google now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech