03-21-2013 07:28 PM
244 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My Nexus 10 gets updates insanely quick too. It also decides that it wants to reboot itself randomly, whenever it pleases. I need a little more stability (and LTE) on my phone, thanks.
    Dude for gods sakes you expect the Nexus 4 to have the same issues as the Nexus 10? Android tablets are turds!
    03-14-2013 08:30 PM
    On release day, the S3 was subjectively the best phone on the market. It's been passed 3-4 times and today the S4 is undeniably the best phone on the market.
    Remove 'undeniably' and replace it with 'subjectively' and you may be correct. Personally, i wil reserve judgement until I can get my hands on the phone and see what it's like. I will compare it to my current, old and soon to be replaced work SGS2, my now recently sold SGS3, my current personal iPhone 5 and the HTC One and see which, subjectively (as it can be no other way), for me is the 'best' phone.

I will concede that you seem to be indicating that for you the SGS4 is probably the best phone but to say glibly that the SGS4 is the best phone on the market just over an hour since launch and before it has had the chance to be reviewed and compared with other phones is a bit silly, no? There are a lot of other factors than just flashy gimmicks and these haven't been explored yet or compared to other flagship phones. Battery life, processor speed, screen quality and all manner of other things that one would hope are more important than whether the screen stops scrolling when one looks away from it.
    fchowd0311 likes this.
    Design is just as much software as it is hardware hence why I said nearly every area. The hardware has been praised for feeling good in the hand and being of a good material despite the cheap plastic feeling which is only that:a feeling. And the software is great, people like to bash touchwiz but I and many other people like it and it lots of great features. It's fast, light, and just plain good. Especially when it and the Note 2 are usually the winner in every Top Mobile Device of 2012 list.
    It is cheap plastic. Have you ever removed the battery cover of your s3?
    Oh so now you use that argument!
    it's the same as with the iPhone 4S and 5
    Box A has ****
    Box B has Gold

Are these boxes the "same thing" becasue they look identical on the outside?
    (of course the iPhone 5 does not look identical to the 4S)

those two phones don't look identical
    moving on!
    03-14-2013 08:31 PM
    Then go back to the Nexus 4 forum. You are in the minority.

(P.S. - You will be able to put CM10 or other almost-stock Android ROMs on the GS4. Just because you like stock Android doesn't mean that you have to purchase a Nexus 4.)
    I want quick updates, does the samdung provide me that? No.
    03-14-2013 08:31 PM
    Dude for gods sakes you expect the Nexus 4 to have the same issues as the Nexus 10? Android tablets are turds!
    iMore.com
    03-14-2013 08:32 PM
    iMore.com
    ??

- - - Updated - - -

iMore.com
    ??
    03-14-2013 08:33 PM
    Dinner time. I'll be back later to clear up any more ridiculousness that I haven't addressed yet.

those two phones don't look identical
    moving on!
    So don't say the S4 is better then anything ok? you were being hypocritical and I am showing you how you were hypocritical.
    I want quick updates, does the samdung provide me that? No.
    He also doesn't understand a straight FULLY FUNCTIONAL AOSP port takes MUCH longer on non nexus devices. The drivers and hardware on the device are meant to run Samsung's touchwiz software. A fully function AOSP rom such as cm takes time because they have to rework drivers, the kernel etc.
    Ry likes this.
    03-14-2013 08:35 PM
    Remove 'undeniably' and replace it with 'subjectively' and you may be correct. Personally, i wil reserve judgement until I can get my hands on the phone and see what it's like. I will compare it to my current, old and soon to be replaced work SGS2, my now recently sold SGS3, my current personal iPhone 5 and the HTC One and see which, subjectively (as it can be no other way), for me is the 'best' phone.

I will concede that you seem to be indicating that for you the SGS4 is probably the best phone but to say glibly that the SGS4 is the best phone on the market just over an hour since launch and before it has had the chance to be reviewed and compared with other phones is a bit silly, no? There are a lot of other factors than just flashy gimmicks and these haven't been explored yet or compared to other flagship phones. Battery life, processor speed, screen quality and all manner of other things that one would hope are more important than whether the screen stops scrolling when one looks away from it.
    Good point on it being too early to state with certainty; this is of course assuming that all of the advertised features of the One and S4 work as advertised. There is also a separate issue, being that many users will not use a fraction of the functionality capabilities of any device they choose to purchase; in which case preference of aesthetics would be the driving factor in choice, assuming equal coverage and availability. I'm also kind of biased a bit, in that I view phones through the lens of availability in my area, and the HTC One, while being great, is not available on a provider with LTE like speeds in my area, leading me to discount it's feasibility in my personal decision making.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    Dinner time. I'll be back later to clear up any more ridiculousness that I haven't addressed yet.
    Hah! yo really do not understand how opinions work do you?
    Here's a tip no matter what you say I will not change my stance on the HTC One or Nexus 4 being better then the S4
    They hyped it up an now they will take the back lash.

- - - Updated - - -

He also doesn't understand a straight FULLY FUNCTIONAL AOSP port takes MUCH longer on non nexus devices. The drivers and hardware on the device are meant to run Samsung's touchwiz software. A fully function AOSP rom such as cm takes time because they have to rework drivers, the kernel etc.
    Exactly he is spouting garbage and work arounds.
    btw... How can such a high end modern device STILL USE PENTILE MATRIX!
    03-14-2013 08:44 PM
    A big question is; they appear to have catered this event to the non-tech inclined, or the Isheep folk who fall for marketing gimmicks but one can wonder if they didn't horribly fail at successfully conveying that. It was a laundry list of "features" and while some are somewhat impressive, I'll betcha that the "target audience" for this show won't even use a third of those things during the time they will have the device.
    But their target audience will probably still buy the S4.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    03-14-2013 08:53 PM
    Do you have any proof of this? A link to a reliable source maybe?
    ..do not feed...

03-14-2013 08:54 PM
    I have a Nexus 4 and I believe it is indeed better then the iPhone)
    "than" not "then"

Thanks.

sent from my Note 2
    03-14-2013 08:59 PM
    It is cheap plastic. Have you ever removed the battery cover of your s3?
    I don't own one, but I did for my friend when they got theirs, it feels cheap but it isn't. I pity you, for not being able to gauge quality properly.
    Christopher Salse likes this.
    03-14-2013 09:00 PM
    Stop calling Apple users iSheep just because we like Apple doesn't mean we are rabid fanboys ( FYI I have a Nexus 4 and I believe it is indeed better then the iPhone)
    I have a healthy amount of respect for what Apple meant/means to the tech world, even though I'd never buy one of their devices for personal reasons. When I say Isheep, I don't include most of the populace posting on websites such as these. I'd like to think the average user on mobilenations, etc. is on average slightly more knowledgable. In other words; when I say Isheep I mean the kind of Apple users that will buy anything because it has that nifty logo on it, typically the non-tech inclined, which is why I pooled them together. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-14-2013 09:03 PM
    I have a healthy amount of respect for what Apple meant/means to the tech world, even though I'd never buy one of their devices for personal reasons. When I say Isheep, I don't include most of the populace posting on websites such as these. I'd like to think the average user on mobilenations, etc. is on average slightly more knowledgable. In other words; when I say Isheep I mean the kind of Apple users that will buy anything because it has that nifty logo on it, typically the non-tech inclined, which is why I pooled them together. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
    Thanks for the clarification! but remember not all people continuously buy Apple products fo the logo!
    Ry likes this.
    03-14-2013 09:07 PM
    Because people never buy things because of brand. I think that's something a lot of people just need to get over.

Marketing works. The GS3 and Note 2 were proof of that.

03-14-2013 09:07 PM
    Because people never buy things because of brand. I think that's something a lot of people just need to get over.

Marketing works. The GS3 and Note 2 were proof of that.

Oh, I know it happens all the time. Doesn't mean I have to fall in line and like it.
    03-14-2013 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the clarification! but remember not all people continuously buy Apple products fo the logo!
    I know some incredibly tech savvy people that buy Apple and I argue with them about it to no end... but the thing is, some people value certain things over others and almost no one agrees 100% with me on what's important.
    03-14-2013 09:12 PM
    Remember when Sony was that company?

Every empire falls.

03-14-2013 09:13 PM
    Oh, I know it happens all the time. Doesn't mean I have to fall in line and like it.
    You must hate people that only buy Toyotas. Or people that have all TVs and appliances.

It ain't that serious.

Aquila likes this.
    03-14-2013 09:14 PM
    You must hate people that only buy Toyotas. Or people that have all TVs and appliances.

It ain't that serious.

Stop trolling and trying to pick a fight that's not there. I despise using the word "hate" in relation to anything.
    I would like to think though that folks don't buy something like a car purely based on a label alone, a motivational factor, sure. Comparing a phone with that seems a little silly.
    03-14-2013 09:18 PM
244 ... 45678 ...