Samsung UNPACKED Livestream Youtube

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed thus far. Annoyed with this over the top presentation is a better description. I'll just tell myself the non-techies will think all of this sounds cool. :/

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
All these rumors of the HTC One coming to Verizon are giving me hope... especially after this disaster of a presentation. I have the S3, but have no desire to upgrade to the same cheap feeling phone (regardless of software/internal changes).

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
For what everyone is saying about the presentation, at least these guys are into it. The main guy for the BB10 presentation had a tone of voice as boring as a high school geometry teacher.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So, what did everyone think???????? I'm sticking with my HTCOne....

UPDATE: LOL Just now reading everyone's posts...

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung became Americanized and was trying SOOO hard to be Apple here...
They just don't seem to realize they don't need to try and be Apple...Especially since they don't have the charisma Apple has.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm embarrassed I told my co-workers to watch this...
I am going to get ripped apart tomorrow at work.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, the phone is great but that show was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Really cheesy, offensive to certain groups and about as funny as a heart attack. Jesus! How could they miss the mark so widely?
They made no mention of any dual sim card though so I guess that isn't there. I would have thought they would have mentioned that if it had it.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it would have been such an EPIC fail (this is going to be HUGE media backlash) if Samsung didn't hype this.
If they kept their mouth shut it would have been OK. But they hyped it up to be the BIGGEST THING since the wheel.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
wow... Google please save us and move on to Key Lime Pie... I truly despise Samsung's approach... Pack as many gimmicky features into cheap feeling hardware and crappy looking ui.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
A big question is; they appear to have catered this event to the non-tech inclined, or the Isheep folk who fall for marketing gimmicks but one can wonder if they didn't horribly fail at successfully conveying that. It was a laundry list of "features" and while some are somewhat impressive, I'll betcha that the "target audience" for this show won't even use a third of those things during the time they will have the device.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
best phone in the universe for at least 2 more months, and still not good enough! Awesome hardware, awesome feature set, awesome camera software, terrible UI, terrible home button :S

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a S3 with a whole lot of gimmicks. The camera is nice though.

Better camera, better/bigger screen, bigger battery, many more features, better accessories and integration with entertainment systems/vehicles. Did you want it to do your laundry and make you dinner?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Only if you hate physical buttons and Touchwiz. Not everyone does.

I love some of the features that Touchwiz provides, but the UI doesn't have to look like that to accomplish the same feature set. Google has provided an outstanding UI and application design structure, and Samsung continues to ignore it with their 2011 appearance. It's frustrating.

The need for physical buttons also went away with ICS 4.0 in 2011, yet we're still seeing them over and over. I haven't owned a Samsung product since the GNex, mostly because I play with them in the stores and that button feels cheap and unreliable. That may just be the display models, but I can't understand why Samsung is 6 months ahead of other OEMs in features, but 2 years behind in design of UI and hardware. Taking some queues from Google and HTC, etc. would be a great benefit to them and consumers.

The main benefit of the S4 to me is that it sets a new bar for the other really great phones of 2nd and 3rd quarter to surpass; just like the S3 did last year. This phone is awesome, and I hope it sells well; but their refusal to recognize that 2 years have passed since ICS is incentive enough for many to wait for the X Phone, Nexus 5, etc, which are both expected to be leaps and bounds ahead of the Q1 releases by HTC, LG and Samsung.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I know ui aesthetics are subjective but I find it hard to believe that anyone would prefer the ui of touchwiz over stock android.

Which device (other than a Nexus device) do you recommend with stock Android?

(P.S. - I have a Nexus 10 but I want my phone to be able to connect to AT&T's LTE network.)