Samsung UNPACKED Livestream Youtube

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I bet it'll be faster to to turn on/off wifi or launch an app the conventional way rather than using s voice's slow ass algorithm(assuming its the same performance as s voice on the S3). And Google voice search can set alarms, create tasks etc also.

- - - Updated - - -

Wah! Go buy an iPhone.
have a nexus 4. Why would I need an iphone? Just waiting for May when Google shows Android 5.0

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have 4.2.2 on my Nexus 10. Google Voice doesn't do near what S Voice does. It is a phone number replacement system. It doesn't compare to S Voice or Siri.

Nexus 10 doesn't have a phone.apk... How would you know the level of integration Google voice search has with the phone apk?

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I bet it'll be faster to to turn on/off wifi or launch an app the conventional way rather than using s voice's slow ass algorithm(assuming its the same performance as s voice on the S3). And Google voice search can set alarms, create tasks etc also.

- - - Updated - - -

have a nexus 4. Why would I need an iphone? Just waiting for May when Google shows Android 5.0

I'm not saying I use S Voice to turn Wi-Fi on. I have an app that turns it on when it am near a hotspot and it turns it off when I leave the hotspot. Someone just asked what S Voice did that stock Android did not and I answered the question.

And I'm sure this phone will get Key Lime Pie shortly after it's released. The GS3 was updated to Jelly Bean fairly quickly.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying I use S Voice to turn Wi-Fi on. I have an app that turns it on when it am near a hotspot and it turns it off when I leave the hotspot. Someone just asked what S Voice did that stock Android did not and I answered the question.

And I'm sure this phone will get Key Lime Pie shortly after it's released. The GS3 was updated to Jelly Bean fairly quickly.
not as fast as the nexus 4.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 10 doesn't have a phone.apk... How would you know the level of integration Google voice search has with the phone apk?

Are you talking about Google Voice or Voice Actions? Voice Actions can search the web with your voice. While it's nice, it doesn't allow you to do near what S Voice does. Google Voice is an SMS/phone app.

Google doesn't offer anything that can do near what S Voice can right now. Sorry.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you not read the article?

Samsung SAID they sold 100 million. Yes they did...to retailers like carriers and shops. Where did those phones go from there? No where but the shelves where they sit.

Yes, retailers buy phones because they are in the business of letting them sit on their shelves. You are right. How ridiculous am I to think that if a store buys a phone, they won't want to sell it to someone. You should open a business of buying phones from Samsung sometime.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, retailers buy phones because they are in the business of letting them sit on their shelves. You are right. How ridiculous am I to think that if a store buys a phone, they won't want to sell it to someone. You should open a business of buying phones from Samsung sometime.
You're wasting your time. Trust me.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about Google Voice or Voice Actions? Voice Actions can search the web with your voice. While it's nice, it doesn't allow you to do near what S Voice does. Google Voice is an SMS/phone program.

Google doesn't offer anything that can do near what S Voice can right now. Sorry.
Google Now vs Samsung S-Voice - YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sIHGiVNlH9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes there are a couple of features like twitter(which I don't use) but Google now and its voice search is much faster and detects voice better

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
But then you don't get LTE/1080P screen/13MP camera/2600mAh battery/etc.. Your choice.
Of course the s4 has better hardware specs... Its a much newer phone. That's why ill be patient and wait for the next nexus device. And btw that 1080p screen is probably pentile. Ill take an ips 720p display with more accurate colors and better whites.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Google Now vs Samsung S-Voice - YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sIHGiVNlH9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes there are a couple of features like twitter(which I don't use) but Google now and its voice search is much faster and detects voice better

You are comparing apples to oranges. If I want to do a simple Google search, of course I would use the voice search option integrated into any Android device. If I want to do something beyond search, I have to either rely on a third-party app or use S Voice. S Voice is definitely superior to any third-party "personal assistant" app that is currently available.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
A big question is; they appear to have catered this event to the non-tech inclined, or the Isheep folk who fall for marketing gimmicks but one can wonder if they didn't horribly fail at successfully conveying that. It was a laundry list of "features" and while some are somewhat impressive, I'll betcha that the "target audience" for this show won't even use a third of those things during the time they will have the device.
Stop calling Apple users iSheep just because we like Apple doesn't mean we are rabid fanboys ( FYI I have a Nexus 4 and I believe it is indeed better then the iPhone)

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What is so amusing and ignorant about people saying that build quality is cheap and touchwiz ui is not good looking. Its subjective opinion.

The amusing and ignorant part is that you've spent at least two hours tonight discussing something that you thing is "cheap and not good looking." If I wasn't mildly interested in something, I sure as hell wouldn't spend two straight hours viewing/discussing it.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
What is so amusing and ignorant about people saying that build quality is cheap and touchwiz ui is not good looking. Its subjective opinion.

The fact that they act like it's truth, not just subjective opinion solely because of their own views and ignoring the fact that if Touchwiz was so bad the S3 wouldn't have sold millions and millions of units. But that's just people being blind and opinionated.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Of course the s4 has better hardware specs... Its a much newer phone. That's why ill be patient and wait for the next nexus device. And btw that 1080p screen is probably pentile. Ill take an ips 720p display with more accurate colors and better whites.

Pentile doesn't matter when you get to 441 PPI. And I personally like AMOLED displays. Keep fishing...