Samsung UNPACKED Livestream Youtube

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Better camera, better/bigger screen, bigger battery, many more features, better accessories and integration with entertainment systems/vehicles. Did you want it to do your laundry and make you dinner?
Were you part of the crowd that said the iPhone 5 was a pretty small update as well? if so that would be very hypocritical because I see no feature this has that I would use on my Nexus 4

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Were you part of the crowd that said the iPhone 5 was a pretty small update as well? if so that would be very hypocritical because I see no feature this has that I would use on my Nexus 4

You must not have a TV/friends/family/car/LTE access/desire to watch videos/read/ever have wet/dirty hands/I'm stopping because I can't think of anything else right now. You're ridiculous if you don't see something that this has that your Nexus 4 doesn't.

And yes, I can't think of anything that the iPhone 5 added that previous phones didn't have. They included LTE support, a 4" screen, and a processor that clocks around 1.5Ghz and I think it might be dual-core. Remind me... what did the iPhone 5 have that was "revolutionary"?

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
The fact that they act like it's truth, not just subjective opinion solely because of their own views and ignoring the fact that if Touchwiz was so bad the S3 wouldn't have sold millions and millions of units. But that's just people being blind and opinionated.
Samsung didn't sell million and millions of Galaxy phones because of touchwiz, or its features, or its build quality. Its sold that many because of MARKETING.

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
You must not have a TV/friends/family/car/LTE access/desire to watch videos/read/ever have wet/dirty hands/I'm stopping because I can't think of anything else right now. You're ridiculous if you don't see something that this has that your Nexus 4 doesn't.
What? are you saying I can't watch videos or read text on a nexus 4?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung didn't sell million and millions of Galaxy phones because of touchwiz, or its features, or its build quality. Its sold that many because of MARKETING.
No. Just no. Marketing is only part of it, a big part of it yes but on the other hand S3 has been praised in nearly every area of mobile design on every major tech site out there. To say the S3 wasn't an amazing phone is just laughable.

Samsung sold that many S3's because they made a great phone and they knew how to market it.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Not with the phone controlling things based on where your eyes are looking.
Useless feature! My nexus 4 is much better then anything Samdung produces because I get updates insanely quickly

- - - Updated - - -

Not with the phone controlling things based on where your eyes are looking.
Useless feature! My nexus 4 is much better then anything Samdung produces because I get updates insanely quickly

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
*Cough* Apple *Cough*

At least Samsung backs it up with their hardware/features.
Yes apple does the same approach also... Apple backs it up with hardware QUALITY.
I never owned an iphone so don't peg us as apple fanboys. My favorite mobile os is android and I personally don't like companies like Samsung botching it.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

My Nexus 10 gets updates insanely quick too. It also decides that it wants to reboot itself randomly, whenever it pleases. I need a little more stability (and LTE) on my phone, thanks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No. Just no. Marketing is only part of it, a big part of it yes but on the other hand S3 has been praised in nearly every area of mobile design on every major tech site out there. To say the S3 wasn't an amazing phone is just laughable.

Samsung sold that many S3's because they made a great phone and they knew how to market it.

On release day, the S3 was subjectively the best phone on the market. It's been passed 3-4 times and today the S4 is undeniably the best phone on the market. That being said, there are always going to be things that some consumers like more or less about this or other devices, and that should be celebrated, not condemned. In 3-4 months, the S4 will be passed again and maybe the people passing on the S4 will find that device to be more appealing.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes apple does the same approach also... Apple backs it up with hardware QUALITY.
I never owned an iphone so don't peg us as apple fanboys. My favorite mobile os is android and I personally don't like companies like Samsung botching it.

Then go back to the Nexus 4 forum. You are in the minority.

(P.S. - You will be able to put CM10 or other almost-stock Android ROMs on the GS4. Just because you like stock Android doesn't mean that you have to purchase a Nexus 4.)

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Samsung has not been praised in terms of mobile design. Their hardware is no more special than HTC, Sony, LG etc hardware. And I bet you if Samsung used stock android they would receive the similar sale numbers. Most would not know the difference. There are few people like you and me that know the difference between things such as AOSP and touchwiz.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realize we were back in the 90's, trying to insult someone by switching a letter in their name to make their name worse and thinking it's even the least bit clever. :p What's useless is saying something is useless when you haven't even tried it. ;)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has not been praised in terms of mobile design. Their hardware is no more special than HTC, Sony, LG etc hardware. And I bet you if Samsung used stock android they would receive the similar sale numbers. Most would not know the difference. There are few people like you and me that know the difference between things such as AOSP and touchwiz.

Samsung needs to have their device be recognizable as their brand and that's totally cool; I was just hoping for an update to the appearance. Touchwiz isn't bad, it brings many features that are not present in Stock yet... that being said, those features don't dictate the UI appearance and so a refresh is reasonable to ask for.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No they don't the S3/4 is the same thing don't go on telling me that the S4 is so much better then the S3 when it has the same design.

You have two boxes to choose from - Box A and Box B

Box A has a piece of **** inside.
Box B has a piece of gold inside.

Are these boxes the "same thing" because they look identical on the outside?

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
On release day, the S3 was subjectively the best phone on the market. It's been passed 3-4 times and today the S4 is undeniably the best phone on the market. That being said, there are always going to be things that some consumers like more or less about this or other devices, and that should be celebrated, not condemned. In 3-4 months, the S4 will be passed again and maybe the people passing on the S4 will find that device to be more appealing.
Saying that the s4 is undeniably the best phone released/announced is subjective. Lets compare it to the HTC ONE. The U.S. variant of the S4 and the HTC One both have the same processor. The One has the better display. And the One is just simply more aesthetically pleasing and more premium feeling. I personally would choose the One over the S4.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

And yes, I can't think of anything that the iPhone 5 added that previous phones didn't have. They included LTE support, a 4" screen, and a processor that clocks around 1.5Ghz and I think it might be dual-core. Remind me... what did the iPhone 5 have that was "revolutionary"?
LTE access-You are bloody right our major carrier has just started rolling it out and the plans cost is ridiculous.
TV?- I have a TV and I have a remote I don't need my phone to do every bloody thing in my life
I have friends and family
I do have a car and whats your point?
WTF do you mean by you must not have the desire to read/watch movies. WTF do you mean by that, are you so ill-informed as to say that my Nexus cannot do those things?
What do wet/ dirty hands have to do with this? If my hands are wet or dirty I don't use my phone, WHO DOES?!

The iPhone did have a new design, dual-core 1.5 GHZ, 4" screen, bigger battery, better screen colour saturation, in-cell technology(Which the S4 does not have) much better optic lens so there.

The S4's specs are beastly I admit that, but is that power ever gonna be put to use? no. never. the iPhone 5 screams as does my Nexus 4 in short I believe you have an issue listening to opinions.
I'll tell you what my Nexus 4 doesn't have gimmicky features no one will ever use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze