Samsung UNPACKED Livestream Youtube

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Stop calling Apple users iSheep just because we like Apple doesn't mean we are rabid fanboys ( FYI I have a Nexus 4 and I believe it is indeed better then the iPhone)
I have a healthy amount of respect for what Apple meant/means to the tech world, even though I'd never buy one of their devices for personal reasons. When I say Isheep, I don't include most of the populace posting on websites such as these. I'd like to think the average user on mobilenations, etc. is on average slightly more knowledgable. In other words; when I say Isheep I mean the kind of Apple users that will buy anything because it has that nifty logo on it, typically the non-tech inclined, which is why I pooled them together. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a healthy amount of respect for what Apple meant/means to the tech world, even though I'd never buy one of their devices for personal reasons. When I say Isheep, I don't include most of the populace posting on websites such as these. I'd like to think the average user on mobilenations, etc. is on average slightly more knowledgable. In other words; when I say Isheep I mean the kind of Apple users that will buy anything because it has that nifty logo on it, typically the non-tech inclined, which is why I pooled them together. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
Thanks for the clarification! but remember not all people continuously buy Apple products fo the logo!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Because people never buy things because of brand. I think that's something a lot of people just need to get over.

Marketing works. The GS3 and Note 2 were proof of that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Because people never buy things because of brand. I think that's something a lot of people just need to get over.

Marketing works. The GS3 and Note 2 were proof of that.

Oh, I know it happens all the time. Doesn't mean I have to fall in line and like it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification! but remember not all people continuously buy Apple products fo the logo!

I know some incredibly tech savvy people that buy Apple and I argue with them about it to no end... but the thing is, some people value certain things over others and almost no one agrees 100% with me on what's important.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I know it happens all the time. Doesn't mean I have to fall in line and like it.

You must hate people that only buy Toyotas. Or people that have all TVs and appliances.

It ain't that serious.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You must hate people that only buy Toyotas. Or people that have all TVs and appliances.

It ain't that serious.

Stop trolling and trying to pick a fight that's not there. I despise using the word "hate" in relation to anything.
I would like to think though that folks don't buy something like a car purely based on a label alone, a motivational factor, sure. Comparing a phone with that seems a little silly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Stop trolling and trying to pick a fight that's not there. I despise using the word "hate" in relation to anything.
I would like to think though that folks don't buy something like a car purely based on a label alone, a motivational factor, sure. Comparing a phone with that seems a little silly.

It ain't that serious.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Seriously? I'd guess that more than 50% of U.S. consumers that buy a BMW/Lexus do so because of the label. You think they start looking at them because of the engine/features?

(I didn't find any other decent arguments up there so I decided to switch to the automobile discussion.)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I know some incredibly tech savvy people that buy Apple and I argue with them about it to no end... but the thing is, some people value certain things over others and almost no one agrees 100% with me on what's important.

My friend and I are exactly like that! We continually argue on why I continue to buy Apple products, why do I buy Apple products you ask? Because the battery life and build quality is amazing, the screen on the iPhone is better IN MY OPINION not because of size or pixel density but rather viewing angles and other such things

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? I'd guess that more than 50% of U.S. consumers that buy a BMW/Lexus do so because of the label. You think they start looking at them because of the engine/features?

(I didn't find any other decent arguments up there so I decided to switch to the automobile discussion.)

It's obviously not for the reliability ;-)
But even then, there are many different models, options, pricing, etc. So even then the brand isn't the deciding factor to get that particular vehicle

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's obviously not for the reliability ;-)
But even then, there are many different models, options, pricing, etc. So even then the brand isn't the deciding factor to get that particular vehicle

Models - iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 - Captivate (Galaxy S), Galaxy S II (or Skyrocket), Galaxy S3
Pricing - $1.00, $100, $200 (in general)
Options - depends on model

Phones costs a lot less than a vehicle but people definitely buy them based on how they want to appear to their peers.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It takes longer than that. Take a look at Blackberry.

No Apple are fast workers trust me expect the next few ios updates to be much better Scot Forstall the control freaks as many Apple employees as been fired for messing up maps so as you can see apple takes stuff like this seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37