Samsung UNPACKED Livestream Youtube

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question for everyone:

As someone who loves the bells & whistles of Touchwiz for a few weeks before jumping to an AOSP-based ROM and Touchwiz becomes Touchwhat? because I rarely go back to it; I'll likely buy the S4 but have to ask: Am I a silly goose?

Nexus.

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I think that is definitely going to be a consideration. The albatross of being a Sprint customer tends to make the Galaxy line a smart choice for a number of reasons and Motorola allegedly manufacturing the next nexus might be an issue because Sprint doesn't seem to know Motorola...

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
People call the iPhone 5 a small upgrade,look at the S4

Seriously? The iPhone 5 added LTE (finally), a small (by today's standards) 4" screen, and a processor that finally caught up to other low-end smartphones.

The GS4 has a bigger screen, higher resolution screen, bigger battery, better camera, faster processor, more RAM and memory (in some countries), and a hell of a lot more features.

Apple better step it up if they want to keep selling huge amounts of phones. iOS is a stale product and anybody that knows anything about smartphones should agree with that.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? The iPhone 5 added LTE (finally), a small (by today's standards) 4" screen, and a processor that finally caught up to other low-end smartphones.

The GS4 has a bigger screen, higher resolution screen, bigger battery, better camera, faster processor, more RAM and memory (in some countries), and a hell of a lot more features.

Apple better step it up if they want to keep selling huge amounts of phones. iOS is a stale product and anybody that knows anything about smartphones should agree with that.

The iPhone added 1GB of RAM, Low end? Are you serious? It destroyed the s3 processed and nearly beat the international s3, the iPhone 5 also had a bigger screen, thinner, lighter, better camera,and it didn't add useless gimmicky **** ios is stale in your opinion not in other people's opinion.
Ios is still really smooth even with a dual core CPU, because it is OPTIMIZED stop being hung on specs. And stop pushing your opinion as truth.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone added 1GB of RAM, Low end? Are you serious? It destroyed the s3 processed and nearly beat the international s3, the iPhone 5 also had a bigger screen, thinner, lighter, better camera,and it didn't add useless gimmicky **** ios is stale in your opinion not in other people's opinion.
Ios is still really smooth even with a dual core CPU, because it is OPTIMIZED stop being hung on specs. And stop pushing your opinion as truth.

Optimized = only run apps that don't allow for multitasking and must be approved by Apple.

What has Apple done that you would consider to be "revolutionary" or "game changing"? Siri is the last thing I can think of and that really didn't end up being much of anything. I guess if you consider maps that almost kill people; Apple was the first company to master that one.

And the iPhone didn't ADD 1GB of RAM... it now has 1GB total. I understand that iOS doesn't require much RAM but a big reason for that would be the lack of true multitasking. I have an app that monitors my location and turns my Wifi on/off depending on my location. It allows me to conserve on my data usage and it has improved my battery life. That is not possible with iOS (maybe if you jailbreak - haven't looked but then your phone is less stable and less secure than the worst Android builds out today).

There are a lot of people that iPhone are good for. I've always said that "if I'm selling my 95 year old grandma a smartphone, I'd sell her an iPhone." Anybody that has the ability to use a computer and likes the ability to customize things should go with Android today. Some people like to follow, some people like to lead.

Last edited:

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Optimized = only run apps that don't allow for multitasking and must be approved by Apple.

What has Apple done that you would consider to be "revolutionary" or "game changing"? Siri is the last thing I can think of and that really didn't end up being much of anything. I guess if you consider maps that almost kill people; Apple was the first company to master that one.
The iPhone. The iPod. The iMac. The ipad.

Googles maps didn't magically have lots of data, it took a lot of time for them to build it up.
Look I don't like talking to people that refuse to give credit to the company that practically inspired google to make android.
And what's wrong with iOS's multitasking? It keeps the battery good and it's a perfectly good approach. So ******* what if there can only be Apple approved apps?i never side load on my Nexus 4 and had no problems with side loading on the iPhone.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone. The iPod. The iMac. The ipad.

Googles maps didn't magically have lots of data, it took a lot of time for them to build it up.
Look I don't like talking to people that refuse to give credit to the company that practically inspired google to make android.
And what's wrong with iOS's multitasking? It keeps the battery good and it's a perfectly good approach. So ******* what if there can only be Apple approved apps?i never side load on my Nexus 4 and had no problems with side loading on the iPhone.

iPhone was revolutionary 5 years ago.
iPod was revolutionary 10 years ago.
iMac came out 15 years ago.

Notice a trend?

And I will give Apple credit where it is due. Their hardware is usually made with good craftsmanship. They do not put high end hardware in their devices but that's because their OS doesn't need high end specs. But just making something look pretty doesn't make me want to buy something. I like devices that let me do whatever the hell I want to do with them, and that eliminates iOS as an option.

Apple can make pretty devices even with iOS being a stale operating system. How else would they still be selling so many phones?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Notice a trend?

None of those were revolutionary... They were better packaged and marketed versions of existing technologies. That's the thing people don't seem to get... They don't invent, they improve and right now they're about 2 years behind on technology and one year behind on total user experience... Good news... They're planning a comeback, and we'll all benefit if they do it well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
None of those were revolutionary... They were better packaged and marketed versions of existing technologies. That's the thing people don't seem to get... They don't invent, they improve and right now they're about 2 years behind on technology and one year behind on total user experience... Good news... They're planning a comeback, and we'll all benefit if they do it well.

Exactly next year I am expecting them with a full out attack they well know how to do it, I mean they rose from the grave in the 1990's

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

IMHO I think those things were revolutionary not just better packaged.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Apple is good about marketing a slightly improved product and it will be interesting to see if they can continue to thrive. I personally think they might have reached their peak and are on a decline now, but we will see.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Notice a trend?

And I will give Apple credit where it is due. Their hardware is usually made with good craftsmanship. They do not put high end hardware in their devices but that's because their OS doesn't need high end specs. But just making something look pretty doesn't make me want to buy something. I like devices that let me do whatever the hell I want to do with them, and that eliminates iOS as an option.

Apple can make pretty devices even with iOS being a stale operating system. How else would they still be selling so many phones?

Not stale just....something you wouldn't like and Android isn't for everyone neither is iOS, my dad tried using my Nexus 4 and he hated it but I love it. Btw left out the ipad which was 3 years ago.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Apple is good about marketing a slightly improved product and it will be interesting to see if they can continue to thrive. I personally think they might have reached their peak and are on a decline now, but we will see.

Slightly improved product? You think the iPhone was only a slightly improved product over black berries?

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Slightly improved product? You think the iPhone was only a slightly improved product over black berries?

The UI was an improvement. Security was not near as good as Blackberry devices. Reception wasn't as good as Blackberry devices either. It depends which aspect of the phone you are talking about.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Android security isn't and wasn't any better.

I didn't say that it was. You asked me if I thought the iPhone was a small improvement over a BlackBerry. I said that it wasn't when it comes to reception and security (and I forgot battery life).

You just have to know how to be secure with any mobile OS. Android has malware, iOS has malware, and I'm sure Windows/Blackberry 10 will have malware if it doesn't already. Any OS that has millions of users will have some type of malware. Android has the Bouncer that constantly scans the market and I personally use Lookout on my device to check anything that I would happen to sideload.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say that it was. You asked me if I thought the iPhone was a small improvement over a BlackBerry. I said that it wasn't when it comes to reception and security (and I forgot battery life).

You just have to know how to be secure with any mobile OS. Android has malware, iOS has malware, and I'm sure Windows/Blackberry 10 will have malware if it doesn't already. Any OS that has millions of users will have some type of malware. Android has the Bouncer that constantly scans the market and I personally use Lookout on my device to check anything that I would happen to sideload.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
I do the same.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Their declining stock and market share are big indicators but who knows? They might actually innovate and do something new and original.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Their declining stock and market share are big indicators but who knows? They might actually innovate and do something new and original.

Market share is useless because there are far more Android device manufacturers, stocks also useless,look at there sales, they wreck Samsung's sales. expect something big nthis year or next, as the control freak of iOS is fired and one of the best designers has been placed as UI designer of the iphone.

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly believe no one besides Microsoft and blackberry are declining

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781