Exynos Octa Will Be In All Versions Of S4, Here's Why...

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No its the 600 look at the clock speeds. The s4 pro is binned up to 1.7 and last I checked the s4 pro doesn't support ddr3

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
No its the 600 look at the clock speeds. The s4 pro is binned up to 1.7 and last I checked the s4 pro doesn't support ddr3

Thank you! I was about the hate Samsung for making such a stupid decision. I can deal with the 600. It's a great processor.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If they really put a S4 pro in there over the 600 thats gonna be really disappointing. Im looking for clarification on that now since the RAM speeds and clock speed don't make sense.

They listed it as the s4 pro on The verge and I could of sworn i heard the guy say it at the end of the keynote.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not so sure. You were also the one that originally said all versions will get the octa. So your assumptions so far have not been spot on.

My first sentence was if they didn't it would be a huge mistake and I stand by that along with all of the reasons.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Unless the us snapdragon devices are being switched to ddr2 ram its not the s4 pro. Qualcomm'as website Wikipedia all list the s4 pro having 500mhz lpddr2 ram supporting 8.5gb per second. Which had 500mhz lpddr3 ram. Now I be wrong but that seems like a huge red flag saying hey its not the pro. Even when you consider the clock speed of the pro which tops out at 1.7 their is no way Samsung is going to put a CPU in a phone that hasn't been binned for that speed .their is no way they can guaranty stability. And anyone that has overcloked a phone knows some CPUs just don't like to be overclocled

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you are correct. It will ether have the same Snapdragon 600 as the One or the faster 800. That's really the question right now.

The 800? A processor that isn't even in production yet for a device that begins shipping next month? Unlikely.

Oh hey, look, the us version is getting the S4 pro. (What, no 600?)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Doubtful it's not the 600.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless the us snapdragon devices are being switched to ddr2 ram its not the s4 pro. Qualcomm'as website Wikipedia all list the s4 pro having 500mhz lpddr2 ram supporting 8.5gb per second. Which had 500mhz lpddr3 ram. Now I be wrong but that seems like a huge red flag saying hey its not the pro. Even when you consider the clock speed of the pro which tops out at 1.7 their is no way Samsung is going to put a CPU in a phone that hasn't been binned for that speed .their is no way they can guaranty stability. And anyone that has overcloked a phone knows some CPUs just don't like to be overclocled

Samsung did not specify if the RAM was ddr3. Even if they did, they would have been referring to the exynos. (The fact that they specifically omitted the type of ram from the spec list indicates that it is not the same between the two variants)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, the US versions have an Snapdragon 600 CPU, which is still amazing, and 2GB RAM.
But, the international variant, with the Octa and 2GB of RAM should be faster.
Good thing I live in Australia.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
You guys do realize that the octo core only destroys the S4 pro in benchmarks right? There will be no difference in day to day performance.

Benchmarks, IMO, are generally useless. However, I think it's safe to say the Octa is far more powerful than the S4 Pro. The real question is efficiency; I'm looking forward to real world use of the Octa to see if that technology paid off and isn't just a powerful battery slayer.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Benchmarks, IMO, are generally useless. However, I think it's safe to say the Octa is far more powerful than the S4 Pro. The real question is efficiency; I'm looking forward to real world use of the Octa to see if that technology paid off and isn't just a powerful battery slayer.

Agreed. Octa > S4 Pro. But S600 > Octa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20