12-15-2013 02:15 AM
75 123
tools
    Lol
    03-14-2013 10:40 PM
    About the processor:

I'm no mobile hardware expert. Several sites say it will have the S4 Pro, clocked at 1.9GHz (that chip doesn't exist)
    Mobile/financial analysts say that Samsung is using the APQ8064 (same chip as Nexus 4) and that's what has Qualcomm's stock so high.
    The S600 doesn't have a modem and will need a separate chip.
    The APQ8064 (S4 Pro) does not support the DDR3 Samsung announced.

DDR3 could be Exynos only.
    Samsung could have went back to an external (from the SoC) modem and used the S600
    It could be using a new S4 Pro clocked at 1.9
    or all this could be wrong.

I've got some emails and messages out to people at Samsung, hoping for a solid answer tomorrow.
    03-14-2013 10:41 PM
    About the processor:

I'm no mobile hardware expert. Several sites say it will have the S4 Pro, clocked at 1.9GHz (that chip doesn't exist)
    Mobile/financial analysts say that Samsung is using the APQ8064 (same chip as Nexus 4) and that's what has Qualcomm's stock so high.

Samsung could have went back to an external (from the SoC) modem and used the S600

I've got some emails and messages out to people at Samsung, hoping for a solid answer tomorrow.
    Thanks for checking it out! I'm depending on it being the 600 or else I really don't see the point in buying it (I have a Nexus 4). Have you heard anything about the DAC of either variant?
    03-14-2013 10:44 PM
    About the processor:

Thank you jerry unless only the exynos s4 us using ddr3 ram it can't be the pro, because the s4 pro doesn't support it. And I doubt Qualcomm us going to make a special chip that supports ddr3 and 1.9 clock speeds just for Samsung. Then again the s4 pro doesn't have a modem but the prime does. Though I though Qualcomm morphed the prime into the 600/800. But then again I could be very wrong
    03-14-2013 10:51 PM
    ^^^^^
    I agree with you on HTC...
    I want to get the HTC ONE...
    but i'm afraid once S4 gonna be launch....HTC's price gonna reduce dramatically
    and even though it sucks....people's gonna be all over S4
    If the HTC doesn't handle multi-tasking better than the 1x / EvoLTE, it's a non-starter for me. HTC seriously needs to put Sense on a diet. I thought I was going to get an EvoLTE to replace my old Evo 4g, until I used it side by side with the S3 and saw just how sluggish it was, and how lacking the multi-tasking was.
    03-14-2013 11:07 PM
    Thank you jerry unless only the exynos s4 us using ddr3 ram it can't be the pro, because the s4 pro doesn't support it. And I doubt Qualcomm us going to make a special chip that supports ddr3 and 1.9 clock speeds just for Samsung. Then again the s4 pro doesn't have a modem but the prime does. Though I though Qualcomm morphed the prime into the 600/800. But then again I could be very wrong
    Given that Samsung is likely to sell 40 million of these things over the next couple of years, Qualcomm just might have the incentive to build a new chip for it. Which they would then turn around and sell to other manufacturers, too. Of course I have no idea whether this is true.
    03-14-2013 11:13 PM
    Why the hell did the US get the Snapdragon when the note 2 has an exynos 4 with lte? Come on Samsung seriously?! We know the exynos chips can utilize lte so why can't we have the octa

Edit: after looking at a cnet spec sheet it said 1.9 ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon fusion pro.... anyone heard of this processor?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 11:57 PM
    Why the hell did the US get the Snapdragon when the note 2 has an exynos 4 with lte? Come on Samsung seriously?! We know the exynos chips can utilize lte so why can't we have the octa

Edit: after looking at a cnet spec sheet it said 1.9 ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon fusion pro.... anyone heard of this processor?

The Verge is reporting a S4 pro, Cnet is reporting the Fusion pro (Also never heard of this). If i have to trust one site in a pinch its going to be The Verge.

I think the specs reported in the keynote were all related to the exynos to make the information look as good as possible.

The S4 pro if true, The pentile display and the fact that i saw lag in the hands on video with Phil makes this phone a little disappointing when comparing it to the HTC One.

Hopefully Jerry will hear back from Samsung with good news on the processor, the other 2 things i can live with.
    03-15-2013 04:26 AM
    Yeah, on this whole processor thing: given my somewhat limited knowledge of mobile computing, if they are using the S4 Pro, doesn't the phone HAVE to be slower (in terms of speed the processor governs) than say the Nexus 4? Same processor, many more pixels to push, plus TW overlayed...means just sitting there it's lifting more weight with the same muscle right?
    03-15-2013 07:30 AM

I'm guessing you didn't read the thread. You should do that next time. Your question about the Fusion Pro was answered.
    03-15-2013 08:10 AM
    Is octa-core a mere dual cores??
    03-15-2013 09:54 AM
    Wrong spot
    03-15-2013 10:05 AM
    question for you that know processors. not sure if im correct but only one core runs until you need another one right? so in theory 1.9 quad will run faster than a 1.6 octa unless you have Several things running at once. not sure if this is correct someone let me know?
    03-15-2013 10:25 AM
    i have a little question, the S4 will have two version as the S3? i mean the american version and the international version?? i prefer the international one.

well that's all thank you
    03-15-2013 01:08 PM
    Yeah, on this whole processor thing: given my somewhat limited knowledge of mobile computing, if they are using the S4 Pro, doesn't the phone HAVE to be slower (in terms of speed the processor governs) than say the Nexus 4? Same processor, many more pixels to push, plus TW overlayed...means just sitting there it's lifting more weight with the same muscle right?
    They confirmed it will have the 1.9Ghz 600: U.S. Galaxy S4 model to be powered by Snapdragon 600 CPU | Android Central,
    not the S4 Pro.
    03-15-2013 01:08 PM
    What is ur problem with the s4? Looks alone is no enough to right off a device

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-2013 01:17 PM
    I read on IGN that one of the accessories on display was a Qi wireless charger. Did Samsung omit this totally?
    03-15-2013 02:13 PM
    Amazing phone with easy handling.
    03-15-2013 03:24 PM
    I read on IGN that one of the accessories on display was a Qi wireless charger. Did Samsung omit this totally?
    It was at the Presentation afterwards, but was not shown during. But there is one available. Looks like the cover with be 40 and the charger will be 60.

100$ to not have to plug something in is a little steep in my opinion.
    VSG28 likes this.
    03-15-2013 07:36 PM
    It was at the Presentation afterwards, but was not shown during. But there is one available. Looks like the cover with be 40 and the charger will be 60.

100$ to not have to plug something in is a little steep in my opinion.
    Ah, I thought the phone had Qi built in. Oh well...
    03-15-2013 08:07 PM
    Looks like a great at least on paper!
    03-16-2013 12:10 AM
    Ah, I thought the phone had Qi built in. Oh well...
    It was mentioned the some (unspecified) markets will have wireless charging.
    It's built in to the Note 2 but they don't ship them with the back cover with the "antenna". You can buy them online. I'm guessing they'll do the same with some of the S4s. We'll see.
    03-16-2013 12:18 AM
    I'm guessing you didn't read the thread. You should do that next time. Your question about the Fusion Pro was answered.
    I was tired when I read the thread, must have looked over it... sorry

Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    03-16-2013 04:58 AM
    The reason why i am exited about s4 is because it is coming with groundbreaking eye motion technology which will control key functions at a distance.

Also one can see more features here

<LINK REMOVED>

Also Samsung Galaxy S4 is available here

<LINK REMOVED>
    Let's hope they work better than the gimmicky 'Smart Stay' did on the S3 then. I wear glasses and/or read in low light conditions at night and in both situations the S3 wouldn't 'stay' on the page, preferring to dim the screen as usual. I only ever got it to work in bright light conditions and when I wasn't wearing my glasses.

And also, that last link is disingenuous as it goes to an advert for a phone that isn't on sale at the moment and sports the wrong picture by a country mile.
    03-16-2013 09:39 AM
    i have a little question, the S4 will have two version as the S3? i mean the american version and the international version?? i prefer the international one.

well that's all thank you
    Yes, there will be two versions of the S4.
    03-20-2013 08:13 PM
75 123