ok questions and who's buying this thing?

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
ill admit im disappointed it looks like the leaked photos. BUT im a sammy nut and i know ill at least buy to try it out. few questions.

will the US get the octa cpu or not?
will the international version support at&t lte bands or not?
will the international version ship sooner than us in the US?
anybody else ticked we have to wait until the end of april?

just curious who's buying and who's not?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a used DNA to tide me over until this came out, but I'm actually going to pass, preferring to keep my unlimited data. Plus I'm very happy with the DNA.

I do think Sammy has another winner on their hands! :thumbup:

Sent from my DNA

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
im more concerned about the radio bands. the UK seems to get these devices much sooner than us here. i hope i hear of preorders soon or i may have to get the htc one for awhile.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting to be blown away but I am anything but. First off; did I miss something somewhere? Why no details on the hardware, android version, battery life, etc.? Was this just the show for the possible Isheep switchers? Sure seemed like that was the intent of this, rather than appeal to existing Android users.
Also, the LTE will come "later" (can't remember the exact wording they used)..I kinda expected this but what does that mean?

Will have to see a one on one comparison between this and the HTC One..and at this point I'll also wait to see what will happen at Google's show. (Not like Big Red will carry either of the aforementioned devices before that anyway...*grumbles*)

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting to be blown away but I am anything but. First off; did I miss something somewhere? Why no details on the hardware, android version, battery life, etc.? Was this just the show for the possible Isheep switchers? Sure seemed like that was the intent of this, rather than appeal to existing Android users.
Also, the LTE will come "later" (can't remember the exact wording they used)..I kinda expected this but what does that mean?

Will have to see a one on one comparison between this and the HTC One..and at this point I'll also wait to see what will happen at Google's show. (Not like Big Red will carry either of the aforementioned devices before that anyway...*grumbles*)

we have the specs on the front page here. it will ship with 4.2.2. im also wondering what they meant by LTE later?

tylan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting one. Upgrading from an original Incredible so this will be a nice leap :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am not touching this thing. HTC is getting my money.

It is sad the features are rehashes of what Google already built into the OS just renamed. Seriously? Navigation S-Voice? No thanks I'll keep Google Maps.
This translator thing won't work in real life situations.

The presentation avoided mentioning any specifications because they know it is below par. And no mention of price is just dumb.

HTC is also giving us 32GB standard. Samsung is ripping us off with only 16GB. #GetOutSamsung

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If anyone still at the show with a SGS4 phone could check to see if it has a dual sim card slot like the 'leaked' Chinese pics did please, I would be very grateful.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting it likely this summer to replace my S3 as my primary backup until the N5 comes out.
Getting past the gimmicky stuff it looks like a solid device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
i need a release date and price point. all of which have been skipped. the end of april is sketchy. i just heard at&t didn't want to release this and the one to close together. im having a good feeling it will be may before the US gets this.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I will concede it looks a lot better than the SGS3 does. I prefer the less square corners and the straight backplate edges down the side of the phone.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That isn't an issue since 90% of the users here are going to be using custom ROMs

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G running CM10 using Android Central forums

Biggest false fact ever. Only tech enthusiasts will get a custom ROM. And weren't you Samsung fanboys just praising TouchWiz in another thread just the other day?
There's always an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

They mentioned that, it's pre-production. Should be fixed by release. You're gonna have to do better than that.

No they didn't. They said that is exact model going to be at retail. Even the benchmarks are bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair