ok questions and who's buying this thing?

JonCBK

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Seriously this thread doesn't seem too promising for Samsung. And this is on an Android forum. This should be its biggest fans.

I bet it will seem really good in person. Also, we don't know how cheap they can bring this thing out. Presumably it will be top dollar on launch, but with the plastic case could they go cheaper than other phones fairly quickly?

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Seriously this thread doesn't seem too promising for Samsung. And this is on an Android forum. This should be its biggest fans.

I bet it will seem really good in person. Also, we don't know how cheap they can bring this thing out. Presumably it will be top dollar on launch, but with the plastic case could they go cheaper than other phones fairly quickly?

This is exactly how most Android sites were last year when the S3 was announced. Believe, me. It will blow over and the S4 is going to sell more than the S3 just like the S3 sold more than the S2.

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

The exact same thing was said last year about the HTC One X. It had a better design, better screen etc, it sold horribly.

Now that The One is delayed, it looks like they will both hit the market at the same time. We will see how well it sells.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would be in I am pretty sure but the note 2 is in hand. Everyone in my family is happy with the s3. If I had a phone 1.5 years old or older, I would be all over it.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The exact same thing was said last year about the HTC One X. It had a better design, better screen etc, it sold horribly.

Now that The One is delayed, it looks like they will both hit the market at the same time. We will see how well it sells.

Difference between Sammy and HTC being (and this has probably been beaten to death by now); marketing, marketing, marketing. 98% of those buying this probably never even heard of this website before.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Difference between Sammy and HTC being (and this has probably been beaten to death by now); marketing, marketing, marketing. 98% of those buying this probably never even heard of this website before.

And software, development, removable batteries, and expandable storage. Don't forget where the Galaxy devices come out on top.

bigstomachking

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll pass s3 to my mom, then get a s4 for sure. All those features just get me! Maybe htc one is also a good choice. well. Im still on the fence. I think I'll need to take a look and touch the real screen to make a decision.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well my upgrade on Sprint is July 1 so I'm going to wait and see how the review of this phone is and also check out the Moto "X" phone. I want to make sure I use my upgrade wisely and get rid of my outdated NS4G.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Notice though how it's the same 2 complaints over and over.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I get the sensation that a lot of people (not everyone) are choosing not to buy this phone because they already use an awesome phone that came out last year. To me it's all about the specs, and right now, nothing comes close to the power the GS4 brings in the same size. So coming from my RAZR, this is gonna feel like a tremendous jump. I do find it odd though that so many are upset with a phone that nearly doubled its potential from the previous year's device in a slimmer frame? I mean I was kind of hoping it would make ice cream for me too, but I think this will still do and just hope the GS6 can serve me a sugar cone with chocolate and sprinkles lol.

On another note.. I don't really get the whole plastic/aluminum argument. I mean that sincerely, is there some kind of function that the aluminum provides that is superior to plastic or is this a preference thing? If anyone could shed some light on that, I would really appreciate it actually, because it may sway my decision. But the argument I keep seeing is "My hands need the feel of aluminum" and to me it's like, I can get the same sensation from holding a can of soda...and that never makes me feel superior--why would I feel supeior if my phone was wrapped in the same material that Mr. Pib uses to bring sugar to my belly? Just food for thought. Cheers!

Edit: I guess there has to be some function on how aluminum transfers heat--is this the argument? Sorry I was cooking something in the oven with aluminum foil and it dawned on me.

jamie stevens

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
ill admit im disappointed it looks like the leaked photos. BUT im a sammy nut and i know ill at least buy to try it out. few questions.

will the US get the octa cpu or not? NO the octa will not have LTE either
will the international version support at&t lte bands or not? will support ATT 3g but not LTE
will the international version ship sooner than us in the US? YES
anybody else ticked we have to wait until the end of april? NO NOT GETTING IT

just curious who's buying and who's not?
just my 2 cents

slpaige

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll have several upgrades coming up (wife and I) in June, so I'll decide then (although if the note 3 has been announced and not super huge, I might consider that) . Personally I like the GS4 and some of the software features such as the built in exercise tracking, etc... and could care less what it's made out of. I typically throw on a lightweight case anyways because I find phones that are to thin hard to hold (my opinion only).

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I like it. I'd be tempted if I didn't have my note 2. It could be the perfect size. My note is fantastic but could be smaller lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
well xda now has a s4 section and im not seeing any familiar devs posting there. i think alot of them will either stay on the s3 / note 2 or go to the htc one. myself im getting the dev edition one to play with until the s4 releases and i see more reviews. i still may buy it but as of now im not really interested.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
for the love of god does anyone know if the overseas version will ship sooner and if the LTE bands will work here? i think some of us would like to know this. seems to me sammy said this phone will support alot of different radio bands and LTE.
I don't know if the International version will ship sooner. But the chipset in the International version does NOT support LTE. Its HSPA+ bands will work on AT&T as well as T-mobile here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995