03-16-2013 02:35 PM
57 123
tools
    ill admit im disappointed it looks like the leaked photos. BUT im a sammy nut and i know ill at least buy to try it out. few questions.

will the US get the octa cpu or not?
    will the international version support at&t lte bands or not?
    will the international version ship sooner than us in the US?
    anybody else ticked we have to wait until the end of april?

just curious who's buying and who's not?
    03-14-2013 06:55 PM
    i wont be only cause im not up for an upgrade until next year. Im holding out for the gs5.

I am not dissapointed.
    revz247 and Spencerdl like this.
    03-14-2013 06:58 PM
    I picked up a used DNA to tide me over until this came out, but I'm actually going to pass, preferring to keep my unlimited data. Plus I'm very happy with the DNA.

I do think Sammy has another winner on their hands! :thumbup:

Sent from my DNA
    03-14-2013 06:59 PM
    im more concerned about the radio bands. the UK seems to get these devices much sooner than us here. i hope i hear of preorders soon or i may have to get the htc one for awhile.
    Xsie likes this.
    03-14-2013 07:00 PM
    I'll wait til the reviews come out before I decide.
    03-14-2013 07:02 PM
    I was expecting to be blown away but I am anything but. First off; did I miss something somewhere? Why no details on the hardware, android version, battery life, etc.? Was this just the show for the possible Isheep switchers? Sure seemed like that was the intent of this, rather than appeal to existing Android users.
    Also, the LTE will come "later" (can't remember the exact wording they used)..I kinda expected this but what does that mean?

Will have to see a one on one comparison between this and the HTC One..and at this point I'll also wait to see what will happen at Google's show. (Not like Big Red will carry either of the aforementioned devices before that anyway...*grumbles*)
    ttrimmer likes this.
    03-14-2013 07:03 PM
    I was expecting to be blown away but I am anything but. First off; did I miss something somewhere? Why no details on the hardware, android version, battery life, etc.? Was this just the show for the possible Isheep switchers? Sure seemed like that was the intent of this, rather than appeal to existing Android users.
    Also, the LTE will come "later" (can't remember the exact wording they used)..I kinda expected this but what does that mean?

Will have to see a one on one comparison between this and the HTC One..and at this point I'll also wait to see what will happen at Google's show. (Not like Big Red will carry either of the aforementioned devices before that anyway...*grumbles*)
    we have the specs on the front page here. it will ship with 4.2.2. im also wondering what they meant by LTE later?
    03-14-2013 07:04 PM
    I will be getting one. Upgrading from an original Incredible so this will be a nice leap :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    03-14-2013 07:11 PM
    I am not touching this thing. HTC is getting my money.

It is sad the features are rehashes of what Google already built into the OS just renamed. Seriously? Navigation S-Voice? No thanks I'll keep Google Maps.
    This translator thing won't work in real life situations.

The presentation avoided mentioning any specifications because they know it is below par. And no mention of price is just dumb.

HTC is also giving us 32GB standard. Samsung is ripping us off with only 16GB. #GetOutSamsung
    pretext, Danny Yang and vhira82 like this.
    03-14-2013 07:11 PM
    I will be getting one. Upgrading from an original Incredible so this will be a nice leap :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Yep, you're stoked. It's going to be a huge leap!

Sent from my DNA
    03-14-2013 07:14 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 hands-on | Android Central

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, haters can bash all they want but AC knows what it's talking about so I'm gonna hold out and see what else this phone offers.
    Christopher Salse likes this.
    03-14-2013 07:16 PM
    If anyone still at the show with a SGS4 phone could check to see if it has a dual sim card slot like the 'leaked' Chinese pics did please, I would be very grateful.
    03-14-2013 07:22 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S4 hands-on | Android Central

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, haters can bash all they want but AC knows what it's talking about so I'm gonna hold out and see what else this phone offers.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 hands-on - YouTube

Check out the S4 lagging in a hands-on. LOL.
    GadgetgirL76 likes this.
    03-14-2013 07:23 PM
    Haven't seen anything that makes me want to give up my beast of a phone the note 2

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 07:25 PM
    I'll be getting it likely this summer to replace my S3 as my primary backup until the N5 comes out.
    Getting past the gimmicky stuff it looks like a solid device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    03-14-2013 07:27 PM

That isn't an issue since 90% of the users here are going to be using custom ROMs

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G running CM10 using Android Central forums
    cinnamin and Workodactyl like this.
    03-14-2013 07:27 PM
    i need a release date and price point. all of which have been skipped. the end of april is sketchy. i just heard at&t didn't want to release this and the one to close together. im having a good feeling it will be may before the US gets this.
    03-14-2013 07:28 PM

They mentioned that, it's pre-production. Should be fixed by release. You're gonna have to do better than that.
    03-14-2013 07:28 PM
    I will concede it looks a lot better than the SGS3 does. I prefer the less square corners and the straight backplate edges down the side of the phone.
    03-14-2013 07:30 PM
    That isn't an issue since 90% of the users here are going to be using custom ROMs

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G running CM10 using Android Central forums
    Biggest false fact ever. Only tech enthusiasts will get a custom ROM. And weren't you Samsung fanboys just praising TouchWiz in another thread just the other day?
    There's always an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

They mentioned that, it's pre-production. Should be fixed by release. You're gonna have to do better than that.
    No they didn't. They said that is exact model going to be at retail. Even the benchmarks are bad.
    GadgetgirL76 likes this.
    03-14-2013 07:30 PM
    Biggest false fact ever. Only tech enthusiasts will get a custom ROM. And weren't you Samsung fanboys just praising TouchWiz in another thread just the other day?
    There's always an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

No they didn't. They said that is exact model going to be at retail. Even the benchmarks are bad.
    My mistake, but still Jerry's article on here said that should be fixed either way. No point judging until it's actual released.
    03-14-2013 07:33 PM
    I will not be getting the the S4, or any other phone that gets released for that matter. Ever since I got the SN2, the phone junky in me died. I truly have the ultimate phone IMO...
    03-14-2013 07:35 PM
    defo not getting this, tired of companies getting big then think they can bring out the same device and expect ME to buy. all those extra stuff they introduced is all bloatware SMH
    *waits for GS5*
    ttrimmer, chris2k5 and smooth3006 like this.
    03-14-2013 07:37 PM
    my only fear is how soon will we get a s5? i really don't like the fact they pulled an apple here.
    chris2k5 and BEARD GANG like this.
    03-14-2013 07:38 PM
    Was soooo hoping they'd dump the plastic....but that's the deal breaker for me. I can't get past the plastic feel of my husbands S3. I have the HTC Inspire, and although the hardware is SO OUTDATED, I prefer the feel and make of an HTC.

But to each their own...not bashing anything or anyone..
    BEARD GANG and chris2k5 like this.
    03-14-2013 07:39 PM
57 123