07-07-2013 05:03 PM
123 1234 ...
    Since I have the Note 2 I would say Note 2. S Pen is sick and I don't want to go to a smaller phone now. The 13MP camera and 1080p screen makes me jealous, but we have an Exynos, S Pen, and bigger screen. My next phone will probably be Note 3 or Note 4. Once you go big, you never want to go back.
    I think the Note 3is going to have those things too.
    03-17-2013 12:38 AM
    I'm thinking of moving on to the S4 I of course want to actually see it and use it before making judgements. Everyone has strong opinions but no one had actually seen or used the phone in person.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    jcp007 likes this.
    03-17-2013 03:17 AM
    Note 2. I can't go back to a smaller screen & I love the S-pen.
    Jude526 and GadgetgirL76 like this.
    03-17-2013 03:56 AM
    Didn't they say that the screen was going to be close to 6 inches or something like that?
    6.3 and a 13 mp cam: "Because the full HD 5-inch displays are becoming the standard in the high-end smartphones world, the phablets will most likely come with touch screen panels that will make the border between phablets and tablets even thinner. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to drop with a 6.3-inch AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels. Of course, it will be protected against scratches by a Corning Gorilla Glass layer." that is from this article
    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-17-2013 04:12 AM
    If you want it now, the S4 would be your best bet for cutting edge hardware/tech, but if you can wait 6 months or so, get the note 3. The note 3 will surely have everything mentioned plus some more refinements to the s pen and its software as well as key lime pie most likely.

I don't see the note getting to much bigger if at all, as they are in a grey area in the market right now. People will eventually say enough is enough and not go any bigger than a certain size, leaving Samsung with a lot of devices on stock that will never move. Also, the rumor as mentioned before of them going to 6 inches just to keep up with a rival company would be a mistake in my opinion. They need to keep their ears open and listen to their customers.

If the note gets any bigger, it will fall into the mini tablet market where Samsung probably doesn't want it.

The next step will be to see if Wacom can make the digitizer work the same at higher resolutions so the note 3 can be 1080p as well.

As for the screens on the S3 and the note 2, after owning both of them, I would have to say that they look great. I can't see the fuzzy text or questionable colors mentioned by people. But sometimes I thing people gripe about things because it makes them feel better. Well, good for them.

Either phone you choose will be a good choice, just weigh the pluses and minuses for your uses or needs. Also keep in mind that people can find new uses for tech on a regular basis to help us in our everyday lives, so newer/better/faster hardware can be a blessing to have.

As you can see from my signature, I Assn in a bit of a quandary as well, S4 or note 3. As I like some of the the S4 apps that were mentioned, the 5" screen and the 13 MP camera, I am going to pass on it for now as I can wait until the note 3 hours, and it should have most of what was mentioned and then some. I also am used to a stylus from my early days of Palm pilots and ipaq's, so they feel natural to me.

Sorry for the long post.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.
    03-17-2013 04:36 AM
    When migrating from the BB 9810, I too struggled with the GS3 or the Note 2. I was amazed at the 5" display fitting into the same dimensions as the GS3. This made my decision not to wait for the Note 3 which is definitely rumored to be in the phablet range at 6" plus. The GS4 will still be pocketable and I have the Note 10.1 in my backpack. It is almost as if the Note 3 could replace the internet phone on my office desk.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    03-17-2013 10:13 AM
    I sure hope the reports the Note 3 screen getting bigger than the current 5.5 are not true. They are coming with an 8.0 so any larger for the phone and I will have to pass.

I owned the OG international and OG att model and the note 2 now. I love and use the s pen which is what makes it different than other 5+ inch phones. I might sadly be out if they go beyond the current size. Not going to try to pocket or wear that in a holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    03-17-2013 10:47 AM
    Wll go wid my note 2 itzz jus n awesome fne wll be waitng 4 note3 wll buy dat foe sure
    03-17-2013 11:44 AM
    I agree... I can't picture going to anything smaller than my note 2.... it feels like a normal sized phone to me now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Yes! All other phones look and feel like toys!
    sent from my AT&T GN2
    03-17-2013 12:30 PM
    I'm thinking about selling my note ii and getting the s4. The deciding factor will be the phone with the best battery life. I can never go back to a phone that has less than 6 hours screen-on time. I'm waiting for battery life benches and reviews...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-17-2013 01:51 PM
    Current Note 2 owner here and I honestly can't make a final decision here. Like most, I'm completely in love with this phone and when AT&T gets a working demo unit (of the S4), then I'll go down there and play with them both, side-by-side.

Until then, I'll be sticking with the Note line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-17-2013 10:02 PM
    I can't see myself using a phone larger than the Note2. Its getting to be ridiculous with the size. This is perfect for me. I have the 10.1 tablet. I don't need another one. If the Note3 is much bigger I will pass on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    TheOtherBill and alhc78 like this.
    03-18-2013 12:53 AM
    The SGS4 screen has 441ppi, no grainy screen on that phone.
    The SGS4 is the best, fastest and most innovative phone made. The polycarbonate construction imo is better than any metal made phone, just look at the iphone 5, after just a few days my sister's iphone 5 is a mess, all scratched and chipped up. The metal phones are notorious for signal issues, you can't use wireless charging, nope, I'll always take the polycarbonate phone. As I said, the SGS4 is the best phone made in the world. The SGS4 is the fastest, better specs, most innovative phone made.
    The phone just hit over 27,000 on its benchmark test. It's a beast. This phone is a real beast.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Indydi, jcp007, alhc78 and 1 others like this.
    03-18-2013 06:45 AM

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    03-18-2013 07:01 AM
    Well I myself am looking forward to the bigger note 3 . I got bored with tablets fast. Had 2 10 inch tabs and a 7 inch and I always still used my phone. Got rid of all my tablets quickly. Love having 2 in one and if rumor is true then 6.3 will be awesome.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-18-2013 08:41 AM
    Fortunately, I can't pull the trigger on a new smartphone now as I am not due for a new one until May 1. That will give time for the S4 to come out and for me to compare it to the Note 2 hands-on . With that said, now that it is fairly certain that Note 2 will get some of the software upgrades seen on the S4, that Samsung is probably committed to Note 2 through Android 5.0, and that the price of the Note 2 will probably be greatly reduced for existing Sprint customers by May/June, the Note 2 is now a serious contender for me. My crap Photon4G (running Android 2.3.5--thanks Moto!!) is barely running and NO WAY can I hold out til the fall for the Note 3.
    03-18-2013 03:22 PM
    My upgrade is available in september, although the S4 perfectly matches my needs in a smartphone but by the time my upgrade rolls around, the nexus 5 and the note 3 will be out. Is it worth my while to wait?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    03-18-2013 08:42 PM
    I'm having the same dilemma. If the Note 3 is going to be bigger, I don't even want it. This will be my first smartphone, so I'm not sure whether I'll use the stylus, but it would be nice to have just in case.

The S4 sounds awesome, the smaller (but still large) size would be great, and the benchmarks coming out are unbelievable. I suppose I could get the N2 and if I change my mind, sell it and go for the S4. Nothing else is really a contender and I'm not impressed with the One or with HTC's attacks on Samsung. I very much like Samsung products--LOVE my Nexus 10--and actually prefer a plastic build.

But wow, what a tough decision just between these two Samsungs!
    03-19-2013 12:17 AM
    I am currently upgrade-eligible, and have been torn between running across the street to the AT&T store and getting a Note 2 NOW or playing the waiting game for the S4, which looks to be about six weeks or so at this point. (I'm definitely not going to wait for the Note 3 because I don't think that will be available until late fall.)
    03-19-2013 06:06 AM
    Had all the iPhones, then got the GS3, then moved up to the Note 2,,,, as much as I love my N2 the size is problematic for me lots of times,,, I will be selling my N2 and getting the GS4 when it comes out for sale,,, although I "might" wait to see what Apples new offering will be, but I don't think whatever it is will be able to beat out the GS4,,,,,, Apples been falling behind for too long now and really need to come out with something very cool to get my money again.

alhc78 likes this.
    03-19-2013 06:10 AM
    Apple hasn't just been falling behind. They've been asleep! I also hate the form factor of the iPhones. They're so square and thick, and the screen is too small. It's going to take something monumental for Apple to catch up now, but their habit is to take baby steps.

@JasW You are in the same position I am. I'm wondering if, when the S4 is released, supply will keep up with demand. Could be some waiting involved. If I had a smartphone now, waiting would be a non-issue, but after having larger tablets, I'm anxious to go mobile. I worked with the Note 2 recently for a few minutes and couldn't believe how fast it was. Can't imagine how fast the S4 is going to be. How do you improve on instantaneous?
    03-19-2013 11:09 AM
    I'd say Note 2. I have tons of friends with it and they absolutely love it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    03-19-2013 04:07 PM
    I say note 2 if you want stylus, slightly bigger screen and of course longer battery life. But if that doesn't matter to you then of course choose the s4. It's an awesome phone based on the information we have now. Or if you can wait, see if the note 3 will be completely different and even more awesome than current note. I already have note 2 and won't change till I see what note 3 brings but I don't see myself getting the s4 due to battery. The note 2 battery has spoiled me.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    03-20-2013 06:11 AM
    A bit gushy but I agree that the GS4 will outperform and outsell the competition as well as being an alternative to the Note 2 with Air Hover and Air View thus not really needing a digitized stylus. The next generation S phone needs a more polished wrapper and an HD LCD display in the same 5" screen.
    03-20-2013 06:36 AM
    OK, I'm really, really looking for people to tell me why I should not get a Note 2 today and that I should wait for whenever the S4 happens to grace my local AT&T store. I have a BB 9810 and have always used a BB (and physical keyboards, although I have a Playbook and occasionally use the iPad and Kindle Fire floating around the house). I have big, palm-a-basketball hands. I want -- though I don't strictly need -- a new phone. I'm upgrade eligible.

The floor is open.
    03-21-2013 07:17 AM
123 1234 ...