S4 or Note2?

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My main concern is the screen on the N2. I haven't looked at knenknpersin hit I have heard that you can tell its a lower resolution screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I am due for an upgrade, and I do not know if I should get the note 2 (I would love a larger screen) or go with the s4. Also, i might just wait for the Note 3 because it will be a bigger s4 just like the Note 2 is a bigger s3 (kind of).

I went through the same thing last year trying to decide between the S3 and the N2. It all boils down to 1/2 inch of screen and most importantly, the S pen. I spent hours in stores holding both of them side by side and playing with them. I finally went with the N2. I do not regret it and there is no way I'd replace it with an S4 or any other phone in the foreseeable future.
I think you should make your choice mostly based on the S-pen. Try it, and watch a few vids about it. I couldn't give it up now that I've had it for a while.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Since I have the Note 2 I would say Note 2. S Pen is sick and I don't want to go to a smaller phone now. The 13MP camera and 1080p screen makes me jealous, but we have an Exynos, S Pen, and bigger screen. My next phone will probably be Note 3 or Note 4. Once you go big, you never want to go back.

I think the Note 3is going to have those things too.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of moving on to the S4 I of course want to actually see it and use it before making judgements. Everyone has strong opinions but no one had actually seen or used the phone in person.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't they say that the screen was going to be close to 6 inches or something like that?

6.3 and a 13 mp cam: "Because the full HD 5-inch displays are becoming the standard in the high-end smartphones world, the phablets will most likely come with touch screen panels that will make the border between phablets and tablets even thinner. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is expected to drop with a 6.3-inch AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels. Of course, it will be protected against scratches by a Corning Gorilla Glass layer." that is from this article
http://www.android.gs/samsung-galaxy-note-3-release-date/
Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want it now, the S4 would be your best bet for cutting edge hardware/tech, but if you can wait 6 months or so, get the note 3. The note 3 will surely have everything mentioned plus some more refinements to the s pen and its software as well as key lime pie most likely.

I don't see the note getting to much bigger if at all, as they are in a grey area in the market right now. People will eventually say enough is enough and not go any bigger than a certain size, leaving Samsung with a lot of devices on stock that will never move. Also, the rumor as mentioned before of them going to 6 inches just to keep up with a rival company would be a mistake in my opinion. They need to keep their ears open and listen to their customers.

If the note gets any bigger, it will fall into the mini tablet market where Samsung probably doesn't want it.

The next step will be to see if Wacom can make the digitizer work the same at higher resolutions so the note 3 can be 1080p as well.

As for the screens on the S3 and the note 2, after owning both of them, I would have to say that they look great. I can't see the fuzzy text or questionable colors mentioned by people. But sometimes I thing people gripe about things because it makes them feel better. Well, good for them.

Either phone you choose will be a good choice, just weigh the pluses and minuses for your uses or needs. Also keep in mind that people can find new uses for tech on a regular basis to help us in our everyday lives, so newer/better/faster hardware can be a blessing to have.

As you can see from my signature, I Assn in a bit of a quandary as well, S4 or note 3. As I like some of the the S4 apps that were mentioned, the 5" screen and the 13 MP camera, I am going to pass on it for now as I can wait until the note 3 hours, and it should have most of what was mentioned and then some. I also am used to a stylus from my early days of Palm pilots and ipaq's, so they feel natural to me.

Sorry for the long post.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When migrating from the BB 9810, I too struggled with the GS3 or the Note 2. I was amazed at the 5" display fitting into the same dimensions as the GS3. This made my decision not to wait for the Note 3 which is definitely rumored to be in the phablet range at 6" plus. The GS4 will still be pocketable and I have the Note 10.1 in my backpack. It is almost as if the Note 3 could replace the internet phone on my office desk.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope the reports the Note 3 screen getting bigger than the current 5.5 are not true. They are coming with an 8.0 so any larger for the phone and I will have to pass.

I owned the OG international and OG att model and the note 2 now. I love and use the s pen which is what makes it different than other 5+ inch phones. I might sadly be out if they go beyond the current size. Not going to try to pocket or wear that in a holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Tsaan

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about selling my note ii and getting the s4. The deciding factor will be the phone with the best battery life. I can never go back to a phone that has less than 6 hours screen-on time. I'm waiting for battery life benches and reviews...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Current Note 2 owner here and I honestly can't make a final decision here. Like most, I'm completely in love with this phone and when AT&T gets a working demo unit (of the S4), then I'll go down there and play with them both, side-by-side.

Until then, I'll be sticking with the Note line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't see myself using a phone larger than the Note2. Its getting to be ridiculous with the size. This is perfect for me. I have the 10.1 tablet. I don't need another one. If the Note3 is much bigger I will pass on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The SGS4 screen has 441ppi, no grainy screen on that phone.
The SGS4 is the best, fastest and most innovative phone made. The polycarbonate construction imo is better than any metal made phone, just look at the iphone 5, after just a few days my sister's iphone 5 is a mess, all scratched and chipped up. The metal phones are notorious for signal issues, you can't use wireless charging, nope, I'll always take the polycarbonate phone. As I said, the SGS4 is the best phone made in the world. The SGS4 is the fastest, better specs, most innovative phone made.
The phone just hit over 27,000 on its benchmark test. It's a beast. This phone is a real beast.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I myself am looking forward to the bigger note 3 . I got bored with tablets fast. Had 2 10 inch tabs and a 7 inch and I always still used my phone. Got rid of all my tablets quickly. Love having 2 in one and if rumor is true then 6.3 will be awesome.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1