S4 or Note2?

Larry_ThaGr81

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If size doesn't bother you and you are still waiting, this is a no brainer situation. The advancements are so small they aren't worth the wait. 1080p screens vs 720p are just a gimmick because most users won't even be able to see the difference in resolution. Secondly the 13MP camera is going to be any better than the 8MP camera unless Sammy increases the size of the image sensor, which they haven't mentioned. Simply installing a higher megapixel camera doesn't mean better pics. Higher benchmark performance from the S4 doesn't equate to faster and smoother user experience. I can't comment on the S4 software package or the battery life, but the Note II has really distanced itself from previous high end phones across all manufacturers. The Touchwiz on the Note II could have been designed a litttle better when it comes to the app drawer but aside from that the Note II is a very solid phone. Some people complain about latency with the screen, but I haven't noticed anything of that sort.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After thinking about how the presumed "end of April" for the S4 could easily turn into June, and realizing (1) my eyesight is not getting better, and (2) I really want the biggest touchscreen keyboard out there, I ended up picking up the Note 2 today.

This. Freaking. Thing. Rocks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After thinking about how the presumed "end of April" for the S4 could easily turn into June, and realizing (1) my eyesight is not getting better, and (2) I really want the biggest touchscreen keyboard out there, I ended up picking up the Note 2 today.

Outstanding :thumbup:

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

When I first got it I thought it might be too big. Maybe it's a little large, but man it makes up for that. What a sweet display. And the battery lasts like my Razr Maxx. It's just hard to fault this thing.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are in this back and forth delima. She's up for a new phone and has been waiting for the S4 to come out. She really likes my Note2 but doesn't know if she really wants to carry something like that in her purse all the time. She likes the size, but doesn't like the size....... She also likes the stylus but doesn't really use it much like I do. She really appreciates the big screen on my GN2 and the full screen keyboard. Either way, she's moving up from an Epic 4g so anything would be an upgrade. We're still waiting on Sprint to get the GS4 and then she'll look at them side by side and make her decision.

ThisTechBoi

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I think that this discussion is very unfairly biased to Note 2's side, obviously because it has been released and the S4 hasn't.
Naturally, you will only hear the note 2 users speaking now, but wait a few weeks until more people can get their hands on a S4, and then we can have a honest, fair comparison.

The only complaint I have with the Note 2 so far is the size, but who's to say S4 might be better or worse?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Two more kittens. Sad. Did you call the iPhone4 the Jesus Phone too? That would wipe out an entire endangered species. A 5.5" screened cell phone is a cell phone. Cell phones make calls. They have some attributes of tablets, but so does a 5" phone, which some people find very large.

So is the Note 8 a cell phone or a tablet? Good luck with your crusade, but it's pointless. Words that eventually become recognized as a real word have to start somewhere. Bling is now a real word and I'm sure there was probably somebody who crusaded against that too.

All these points being made are really good. I really hope the S4 has good battery life so I can feel like I made a good decision.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So is the Note 8 a cell phone or a tablet? Good luck with your crusade, but it's pointless. Words that eventually become recognized as a real word have to start somewhere. Bling is now a real word and I'm sure there was probably somebody who crusaded against that too.

All these points being made are really good. I really hope the S4 has good battery life so I can feel like I made a good decision.

Just call me Don Quixote. And I think bling is ridiculous too. So does spell check. As for the actual question, the Note 2 is going to beat the S4 in terms of battery. It has to. The battery is much larger and not driving as many horsepower as the S4. It runs a long as my Maxx. I doubt very much the S4 will pull that off. But if you have a charger handy it won't be an issue.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well yeah I know it won't be as good, but if it still has pretty good battery life I'll be happy. I'll probably keep a spare battery but I just don't want to be constantly switching batteries out like I've been doing with this Galaxy Nexus.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When I first saw the Galaxy Note II in a magazine. I thought who would ever want a phone that large. Then I got to hold one in my hand at the store. Even though at the time I was six months from my upgrade time with Verizon I was hooked. When my upgrade time came the only phones I considered were the GN2 and the GS3. The deciding factors was the screen size and the cpu size. I am not going to get the GS4, I'll wait for the GN3 or GN4. Which ever is out when my 2 is up. Also my battery life on my GN2 is great a single charge last all day and into the next morning. I take it off the charger at 9:00 Pm and don't put it back on till around 10:00 to 10:30 Am.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I got mine for $189 at Bestbuy with a price match from Amazon. I have Verizon. New customers to Verizon can get it for $149 at amazon. Have Bestbuy match it. I think some of the other carriers had it even cheaper at amazon.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as well! I can't decide! I love the size of the Note 2 and I don't (it's so big to put in my pockets when i'm working out at the gym - I currently use my iPhone as my music player)..

I like the thought of the S4 camera and all the cool things you can do with it, but not so happy at how small the field of view it captures (i saw a post on the s4 vs the HTC one and noticed how small of an area it captures)..

but I'm not really impressed with the camera on the Note 2 (the one I did have was grainy and blurry..) but I still like the phone and the S-Pen features, but then again I didn't really use it much when I had it (before I returned it and now I can't make up my mind on if I should get it again or the S4)..

I do have an iPad that I use for school and I guess could use for bigger screen tasks (I loved the Note 2 and the ability to draw on my pictures and write on it etc).. but I'm thinking I can do that with my iPad as well.. but it's just that darn camera that it's stopping me from getting the S4

Link to what I was talking about on field of view on the S4 being small
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: Army of two - GSMArena.com

I can't make up my darn mind :(

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Considering I had the GN2 and thought it was a great device, I am still get the GS4 and not waiting for the GS3. The size was nice, but the screen resolution on the GS4 is better and the 32GB of internal storage also is better. The GN2 though did have S-Pen (didn't use it too often) and a much bigger battery which was nice. Still getting the GS4.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Considering I had the GN2 and thought it was a great device, I am still get the GS4 and not waiting for the GS3. The size was nice, but the screen resolution on the GS4 is better and the 32GB of internal storage also is better. The GN2 though did have S-Pen (didn't use it too often) and a much bigger battery which was nice. Still getting the GS4.

My note 2 goes up for sale the moment my s4 arrives.

What made you choose the S4 over the Note ? (because i'm having a hard time deciding between the two)..

was it because the S4 is newer? the camera? the features (air gestures, group play?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech