04-27-2013 11:02 PM
390 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Then come to find out Samsung is a client of the company DroidXcon works for. So, yeah, valid question.
    I have been saying the whole time that Im on the team that develops oled molecules, I never tried to hide that. And also I wasn't trying to bash htc I was just pointing out that all brands have similar problems

But yeah it was valid

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Kevin OQuinn, Paul627g and Johnly like this.
    03-16-2013 07:13 PM
    Well this conversation has become meaningless. I'm not an HTC poster child....just said I prefer them over Samsung. Yes, I did say screw Samsung which is pretty to the point. But that's how I feel about them and at the end of the day I really don't care if you think my reasoning is hypocritical or not. I didn't ask for your opinion...I honestly wish Motorola would produce a little better camera so I could support an American company...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-16-2013 07:28 PM
    So, here we are. I guess the s4 screen is going to be awesome. Thank you droidxcon for good insight into amoled tech. Without that, this thread is uninformative. Thank you sir.
    03-16-2013 07:37 PM
    I have been saying the whole time that Im on the team that develops oled molecules, I never tried to hide that. And also I wasn't trying to bash htc I was just pointing out that all brands have similar problems

But yeah it was valid

I know. And to be fair, I knew well before this thread. I was simply pointing it out because some people missed that post.
    Paul627g likes this.
    03-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Since the note 2 it's not bad at all. People are amazed with my note 2 screen.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    I was really surprised by the GN2. That screen is excellent. And I use the S3 and DNA. Don't get caught up in the pixel wars. Once you can't see the difference from normal usage distance, there is no difference. Except to the hardware which needs more grunt to push the pixels. I don't care much how the screen looks under magnification. That's not how you'll use it.
    crester likes this.
    03-16-2013 11:00 PM
    Well I had two older flip phones (v205 and SCH-A900) and a R225 and C207 that didn't hold up very well. I understand that's a whole different category. Also had a LCD TV that lasted two years. Wife had a SGSII that had to be replaced three times before we wound up just getting her an iPhone 4S. Did every one literally fall apart? No, but I had an issue with every one of them so I just used a generalization to state that I am not impressed with their product quality at all.

Need anymore details?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    I've had multiple Samsung products and love them. But I have to ask... if you have such bad luck with Samsung products... and according to you they are crap... WHY DO YOU KEEP BUYING THEM?!?!?!?!
    03-17-2013 01:39 AM
    I guess my eyes are good then, when i went to the Verizon store to add another phone to my account,they had the Iphone 5,galaxy s3,note2 and the DNA lined up, all where playing movies,and the one that drew me in was the DNA it looked more lifelike,i cannot speak for everyone but,i could tell without a magnifying glass.
    03-17-2013 05:23 AM
    I guess my eyes are good then, when i went to the Verizon store to add another phone to my account,they had the Iphone 5,galaxy s3,note2 and the DNA lined up, all where playing movies,and the one that drew me in was the DNA it looked more lifelike,i cannot speak for everyone but,i could tell without a magnifying glass.
    People that claim the S3 has the best screen on the market have never seen it against the DNA. Until the HTC One hits, the HTC DNA has the best screen on the market.
    pblakk likes this.
    03-17-2013 09:53 AM
    Ahhh....the good ole Pentile sucks thread....don't yall just love these? lol

The 2 comparison pics on here between Amoled and LCD, Pentile vs non Pentile... .....looking at it on a Pentile phone.....Maxx HD.....I still have yet to see what all the fuss is about. I dont know about yall....but I rarely look at things on my phones zoomed in 1000x. My normal viewing distance is between 1ft thru 1ft, 8 inches from my eyes, head. That's elbow bent at 1ft, still bent at 1ft, 8 inches. Yes I have measured it after all the Pentile debates over the past few years....lol.

Post #23....if thats the icons on phones....even looking at that post on my phone its zoomed in alot bigger than in normal use.

Post #3...lol....the bottom giraffe looks blurry on my phone, you can see more detail in the top pic on my phone. Just saying..... Wish I had my replacement Rezound.....cuz I know it would still look the same....even on that phone.

I ask yall to look at these posts on your phone...then come back and tell us what you think. I have a 23" 1080p monitor....every Pentile vs non Pentile pic is gonna look bad on it. On my phone....a totally different story. On most folks phones its gonna tell a different story.

To this day I still see Bionics on display....and comparing it to my current phone or other phones in the store....Pentile issues is waaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaay over blown. Preference, I get that. We are all different, see things, dont see things, dont use our phones at the same viewing distances.......I get that.

Its seriously not as bad as its made out to be by folks online. Like with most things.....real world use, seeing it in person will tell a better picture, a truer picture.

I forgot to add....that giraffe pic....that was real strange showing a pic of the Galaxy S1 vs the iPhone 4....in a thread about the GS4...saying it made a difference last year. Last year was 2012 not 2010....
    03-17-2013 10:17 AM
    To be clear here, 1080p PenTile (441 ppi) is actually still sharper than Retina (326 ppi). It's even sharper than the Blackberry Z10 (355 ppi), which is significantly sharper than the iPhone 5.

1920 x 1080 at 4.7", 3 subpixels per pixel - 811 subpixels per inch (HTC One)

1920 x 1080 at 5", 2 subpixels per pixel - 623 subpixels per inch (Samsung Galaxy S4)

1280 x 768 at 4.2", 3 subpixels per pixel - 615 subpixels per inch (Blackberry Z10)

1136 x 640 at 4", 3 subpixels per pixel - 565 subpixels per inch (iPhone 5)
    ummm .....
    shouldn't it be like....
    iPhone 5: 326ppi @ 3 subpixels/pixel/inch = 978
    SGS4: 441ppi @ 2 subpixels/pixel/inch = 882
    03-18-2013 06:44 AM
    Yeah, that awful screen is a deal breaker for me!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    03-18-2013 07:02 AM
    Love how people are still comparing it to the SGS3 when it's already been thrown under a microscope and shown to NOT BE a pentile matrix, but Samsungs new "diamond" matrix.

Oh god, the ignorance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    crester and TheOtherBill like this.
    03-18-2013 07:31 AM
    Samsung has lost their minds! Who in the world puts a Pentile display on a phone in 2013?

They shot themselves in the foot here.
    Have you actually held the phone and looked at it in person? Most people can't tell what kind of screen a phone is. Although I don't know why switch back to pentile after using rgb on the note 2. I'm sure it may have something to do with cost. But either way like someone pointed out, the picture on it will look as good or better in most cases as other phones currently out, including the so called retina display.

03-18-2013 07:47 AM
    Here's a video comparison and in depth detail about the S4's screen"

Galaxy S 4 In-Depth First Impressions *Samsung Unpacked 2013* - YouTube

Diamond pentile matrix that you'll hardly be able to tell is pentile.
    03-18-2013 08:41 AM
    Have you actually held the phone and looked at it in person? Most people can't tell what kind of screen a phone is. Although I don't know why switch back to pentile after using rgb on the note 2. I'm sure it may have something to do with cost. But either way like someone pointed out, the picture on it will look as good or better in most cases as other phones currently out, including the so called retina display.

He just likes to bash Samsung with the same tired arguments every chance he gets. Pay it no mind.
    03-18-2013 08:46 AM
    Very interested to give this one a close look when it comes out. I've always favored LCDs for sharpness and clarity but diamond pentile is intriguing.
    03-18-2013 09:21 AM
    Very interested to give this one a close look when it comes out. I've always favored LCDs for sharpness and clarity but diamond pentile is intriguing.
    Very true. Can't wait to see it in person. I wonder what the note 3 will come with.

03-18-2013 09:27 AM
    Here's a video comparison and in depth detail about the S4's screen"

Galaxy S 4 In-Depth First Impressions *Samsung Unpacked 2013* - YouTube

Diamond pentile matrix that you'll hardly be able to tell is pentile.
    Great video and great, constructive post. Thank you very much.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    03-18-2013 01:01 PM
    Love how people are still comparing it to the SGS3 when it's already been thrown under a microscope and shown to NOT BE a pentile matrix, but Samsungs new "diamond" matrix.

Oh god, the ignorance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Love how people DON'T know what Pentile means. It's NOT one specific type of subpixel layout.

Oh god, the ignorance.
    03-18-2013 01:21 PM
    Love how people DON'T know what Pentile means. It's NOT one specific type of subpixel layout.

Oh god, the ignorance.
    That said, do you think different pentile layouts have advantages. Is the diamonds pentile better than on the s3?
    03-18-2013 01:30 PM
    That said, do you think different pentile layouts have advantages. Is the diamonds pentile better than on the s3?
    Yeah its def better otherwise you couldn't raise the ppi. I'm sure it will look much sharper than the s3 since the subpixels will fill up the gaps that caused the jagged edges from older pentile layouts

Johnly likes this.
    03-18-2013 03:56 PM

Oh god, the ignorance.

The last few Samsung phones I can think of besides the Note 2 have been pentile, (Original Galaxy S, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy Nexus, SGS3) so I didn't think I had to specify.

I was referring to the fact that everyone on here is comparing Samsungs old pentile matrix on the sgs3 (and prior) to the new diamond format for the sgs4. Yes, both are still pentile, but given how dense you are I guess that was too much for you to process. Try harder next time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    03-18-2013 03:58 PM
    Yeah, that awful screen is a deal breaker for me!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    I'm sure that "awful" screen that you've never seen in person is the only reason you're not getting an s4... There's no blind htc love and sammy bashing going on at all

Sent from my Note 2
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-18-2013 04:09 PM
    Yeah its def better otherwise you couldn't raise the ppi. I'm sure it will look much sharper than the s3 since the subpixels will fill up the gaps that caused the jagged edges from older pentile layouts

So it seems the diamond matrix reslolves the old pentile gripes of jagged edges? Well then what is all this s4 pentile display suck talk? Ignorant bliss? Lmao!
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-18-2013 04:17 PM

This is very interesting. What's special about the diamond maxtrix layout?
    03-18-2013 04:24 PM
390 ... 56789 ...