S4 has horrible Pentile Matrix Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Close-up of the screen...

galaxy-s4-screen-5.jpg

Looks like you can still tell if you get really up close. Also, appears to be pretty dim. Against an Xperia T, both on max brightness:

galaxy-s4-screen-1.jpg

But, like other reviews, has praised its daylight visibility.

Looks to be a great screen with Adobe RGB mode turned on.

Source:

Google Translate

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I distrust most tech sites so much these days that I can't help but think they dimmed the screen on purpose but that's just me being paranoid. I've seen it look much brighter than that on AC's articles about it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was never a fan of 3D TV's. I always found them to be way too expensive and the 3D isn't that good. EXCEPT for Avatar. :p

I agree I would never spend the money . I mean how often do I want to wear the stupid glasses. .... This tv appearently cost $12,000

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree I would never spend the money . I mean how often do I want to wear the stupid glasses. .... This tv appearently cost $12,000

Geez, that's more than I've seen most 3D TV's cost. The first 3D glasses looked so bloody stupid too, and the TV's only came with 1 pair at first and they were like 120 bucks each. -_-

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Geez, that's more than I've seen most 3D TV's cost. The first 3D glasses looked so bloody stupid too, and the TV's only came with 1 pair at first and they were like 120 bucks each. -_-

Well $12k is mostly for the OLED part..... I can't wait to see the Samsung version of this tv.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol true. Hopefully it will be affordable within the next 2 yrs I really want one.

I have a 55" Samsung LED TV, and I love it. Blu-ray's look amazing on it. It's funny, after i upgrade to the S4, I'm gonna have a lot of Samsung devices in my house. (Blu-ray player is a Samsung too. lol(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is another pic still in 3d

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364437048871.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364437048871.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 38

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does having a pentile arrangement do? I know it's different then rgb but what does it do? Better color saturation?

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Agree. People just like to complain, just like the "cheap plastic" arguments
It is just another personal preference. There is nothing wrong with preferring metal to plastic. I have a GNex and what bothers me about the plastic is how slippery it is. It requires that I use a case. It would be nice to have the option of not using a case, but the phone is too slippery for me to feel comfortable using it without a case.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It is just another personal preference. There is nothing wrong with preferring metal to plastic. I have a GNex and what bothers me about the plastic is how slippery it is. It requires that I use a case. It would be nice to have the option of not using a case, but the phone is too slippery for me to feel comfortable using it without a case.

I had the DNA for a short time, which from what I've seen is pretty much shaped the same way as the One, and was not plastic. I have to admit that it felt better in the hand than the S3. But the S3 doesn't feel cheap compared to it, just different. Definitely it feels smaller and lighter. Some people will prefer the HTC, others the Samsung. Makes no real difference. You'll get a sweet phone either way.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually looking since this is bought up lol. I see nothing and have perfect vision. Not w the g4,but the note 2. I figured it had to be similar lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance