S4 has horrible Pentile Matrix Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
^I baked you a cake, there's only a very small turd in the batter...it's such a amazing cake with delicious frosting. It even comes with ice cream. What's the problem? A lot of people don't even get a meal...your getting cake.

BS to overlook issues simply because your in a better position than others. By that measure you should buy a feature phone and donate the difference. Please.

What do you call a barrel of sewerage with a cupful of wine in it? Sewerage.
What do you call a barrel of wine with a cup of sewerage in it? Sewerage.

You cake stinks either way. Go out and read a book, mate.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The PenTile clarity inferiority is not an opinion. It is a fact. There is no debate.

From now on, I'm just going to start quoting myself. This thread has started going in circles. I've already presented the facts, I can't force you fanboys to accept them.
Your opinions are not facts. Repeating the same thing over and over again is not going to make them so. An overwhelming majority of users will not be using a magnifying glass with their phone all day. If you wish to, go right ahead, that's your choice.

BTW, just because someone disagrees with your hate does not make them a fanboy.

I will agree that this thread is done for. It was done for on the day it was posted.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
^Clarity is measurable. Not an opinion. Sorry.

I give you credit standing by your opinions on the S4 screen,i personally will not pass judgement on the S4 screen till i can see it for myself,be hard thinking anything can look better then my DNA,but i do have an upgrade come August.and working outside this is a concern,as the s3/note2 is not usable in sunlight and that is a fact i have seen for myself,

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I give you credit standing by your opinions on the S4 screen,i personally will not pass judgement on the S4 screen till i can see it for myself,be hard thinking anything can look better then my DNA,but i do have an upgrade come August.and working outside this is a concern,as the s3/note2 is not usable in sunlight and that is a fact i have seen for myself,

The S4 screen is no where near as good as the DNA. You'll be disappointed

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The S4 screen is no where near as good as the DNA. You'll be disappointed

Funny except the brightness I can't tell the difference from my One compared to the DNA or S4. At least the direct sunlight complaint makes sense and this thread should've died long ago.

My phone is a good One!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got mine today - there's no way a normal human being can see that without a magnifying glass. The screen looks every bit as sharp as the HTC One's I'm about to sell. It's NOT A PROBLEM. Case closed.

I can see it, regardless of resolution. I don't have superhuman eyes either.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
^Clarity is measurable. Not an opinion. Sorry.
It is a fact that pentile screens are not as clear or sharp as screens with a regular rgb stripe. It is part of the technology, and a sacrifice they make for cheaper production costs.

Again, the measured value of 400+ppi means you won't see pixels. Even with the Pentile Panel. Read above.
Sorry.

'Where the One runs into a problem is sunlight legibility - it's good, but not great. It's comparable to that of a Sony Xperia Z and noticeably better than that of the HTC Butterfly. However, the Galaxy S4 screen is just less reflective, giving it better sunlight legibility even if the maximum brightness is lower' - GSMarena

Hope that helps. I hardly use my phone outside, but I can see why it's a concern.
I don't know how it compares to the Droid DNA. Good luck.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Your opinions are not facts. Repeating the same thing over and over again is not going to make them so. An overwhelming majority of users will not be using a magnifying glass with their phone all day. If you wish to, go right ahead, that's your choice.

BTW, just because someone disagrees with your hate does not make them a fanboy.

I will agree that this thread is done for. It was done for on the day it was posted.

It is a fact that pentile screens are not as clear or sharp as screens with a regular rgb stripe. It is part of the technology, and a sacrifice they make for cheaper production costs.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, the measured value of 400+ppi means you won't see pixels. Even with the Pentile Panel. Read above.
Sorry.

'Where the One runs into a problem is sunlight legibility - it's good, but not great. It's comparable to that of a Sony Xperia Z and noticeably better than that of the HTC Butterfly. However, the Galaxy S4 screen is just less reflective, giving it better sunlight legibility even if the maximum brightness is lower' - GSMarena

Hope that helps. I hardly use my phone outside, but I can see why it's a concern.
I don't know how it compares to the Droid DNA. Good luck.

Thanks for the help,and your insight.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Funny except the brightness I can't tell the difference from my One compared to the DNA or S4. At least the direct sunlight complaint makes sense and this thread should've died long ago.

My phone is a good One!

In direct sunlight the S4 is all but useless.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store and saw the htc one. I picked it up and laughed at the phone.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4
Certainly will not take advice or opinions from you,i find forums helpful and for the most part they are,till i see a post like this.i have 2 HTC phone and pleased with them,i am thinking maybe i will try the S4 with an upgrade come August,maybe you should not even post that would be the best help you could give.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Does that change the S4's visibility in direct sunlight? That's what I thought.

P from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Did you look at my previous post that quoted GSMArena's display test for the S4 and how it was legible in sunlight?

That's what I thought. Go enjoy your HTC One without ruining those who want or already have the S4.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you look at my previous post that quoted GSMArena's display test for the S4 and how it was legible in sunlight?

That's what I thought. Go enjoy your HTC One without ruining those who want or already have the S4.

I also own the Galaxy s4. Today in the bright sunshine here in Chicago I could not see the screen at all. How is that for a legibility test

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I also own the Galaxy s4. Today in the bright sunshine here in Chicago I could not see the screen at all. How is that for a legibility test

Guess I cannot argue with someone who uses it I will still check it out but not liking this possible issue

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX