"Samsung dropped the version of plastic with the corners of metal / aluminium and PHOLED display with RGB structure! There was also a full metal version but this version couldn't make through the first round. Which directly hints to that Samsung completely ISNT ready to build full metal devices."

Samsung dumped better Galaxy S 4 prototypes for cheaper version | SamMobile
    03-14-2013 08:29 PM
    Which is sad to say the least. But who knows why they didn't go with the better screen. But they could be waiting for the note3 which will sell at higher premiums to launch the better screen and build
    03-14-2013 08:34 PM
    At least they don't act like they're ready to do something when they actually aren't. At least not with this. If you want a metal phone, get HTC or something.
    03-14-2013 08:40 PM
    At least they don't act like they're ready to do something when they actually aren't. At least not with this. If you want a metal phone, get HTC or something.
    or a premium feeling plastic phone get a Droid DNA> Plastic doesn't have to feel cheap unless its made by Samsung.
    03-14-2013 08:43 PM
    They listened to the wrong insiders.
    smooth3006 and Kevin OQuinn like this.
    03-14-2013 08:45 PM
    or a premium feeling plastic phone get a Droid DNA> Plastic doesn't have to feel cheap unless its made by Samsung.
    Let me know when you have a premium argument against the plastic Samsung uses other than the tired, over-used excuse of "it feels cheap" when that feeling is an illusion. The plastic is better than the feeling leads you to believe. But I guess if you didn't educate yourself about it by now you probably won't start now.
    03-14-2013 08:45 PM
    Let me know when you have a premium argument against the plastic Samsung uses other than the tired, over-used excuse of "it feels cheap" when that feeling is an illusion. The plastic is better than the feeling leads you to believe. But I guess if you didn't educate yourself about it by now you probably won't start now.
    Its cheap. Have you ever removed that flimsy battery cover of the S3? I personally like the device to have a non toy feeling.
    03-14-2013 08:48 PM
    Its cheap. Have you ever removed that flimsy battery cover of the S3? I personally like the device to have a non toy feeling.
    I just don't get these debates, just about any material that thin will be flimsy when not secured to a structure. Once it's placed back on the phone is it still flimsy? Plus the majority of smartphone owners use a plastic/gel type case, not a metallic material. I personally use an Incipio feather case on a S3 and the feels very solid IMO.

I would have loved to see a full aluminium body similar to the HTC one just for a design refresh, the plastic build shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    03-14-2013 09:16 PM
    Does the plastic make the phone lighter?
    03-14-2013 09:18 PM
    I just don't get these debates, just about any material that thin will be flimsy when not secured to a structure. Once it's placed back on the phone is it still flimsy? Plus the majority of smartphone owners use a plastic/gel type case, not a metallic material. I personally use an Incipio feather case on a S3 and the feels very solid IMO.

I would have loved to see a full aluminium body similar to the HTC one just for a design refresh, the plastic build shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    I for one go naked so it does feel flimsy. The back cover creaks and just screams cheap. Part of that may be how its held on though. Still great devices though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-14-2013 11:30 PM
    "Samsung dropped the version of plastic with the corners of metal / aluminium and PHOLED display with RGB structure! There was also a full metal version but this version couldn't make through the first round. Which directly hints to that Samsung completely ISNT ready to build full metal devices."

Samsung dumped better Galaxy S 4 prototypes for cheaper version | SamMobile
    Nothing but rumor. Not a single verifiable fact in that entire article.
    03-14-2013 11:33 PM
    Yes. My S3 is much lighter than the much smaller HTC Evo 4G, which is partially metal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. My S3 is much lighter than the much smaller HTC Evo 4G, which is partially metal.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    03-14-2013 11:35 PM
    I have. And it's already been said that any material that thin is gonna be like that, nice try.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 07:20 AM