The jokes were so stupid and not funny, and it was pretty embarrassing

The phone itself?...AMAZING...I think its the best phone so far!
    So many features, its no longer a basic phone...its the phone of the future
    03-14-2013 10:54 PM
    The jokes were so stupid and not funny, and it was pretty embarrassing

The phone itself?...AMAZING...I think its the best phone so far!
    So many features, its no longer a basic phone...its the phone of the future
    They were making fun of themselves the entire time what with people being multiple characters and recognizing just how ridiculous the situations were. I thought it was sort of clever. Much better than the strangely morose videos played during last year's S3 event.
    03-14-2013 10:58 PM
    Idk Some parts were funny though but idk seemed like they were trying too hard
    03-14-2013 11:02 PM
    Corny marketing.

I thought it was weird.

But I'm sure it won't hurt sales of the Galaxy S4.
    03-14-2013 11:05 PM
    I was pretty entertained by it.. Then again, I live in NYC and am used to broadway show type productions.. I liked it better then just it being some normal little reveal. That was the first time I ever watched a presser and was entertained by the people talking.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    03-14-2013 11:08 PM
    Wow, seriously? Stupid? Embarrassing? Weird? Did you see the same event I did? I think it was very well put together, and it was a fitting presentation considering the location. Compare it to the stodgy and boring presentations done by the beatnik Steve Jobs in his boring black turtleneck, or even that most recent one done by Blackberry? When you think about it, in its own unique way, it illustrated each and every feature in the way that you would most likely use it. Besides, it was funny, and that boy can dance!
    smooth4lyfe and DEman19901 like this.
    03-14-2013 11:28 PM
    It was awful and stupid.
    03-15-2013 08:58 AM
    It was incredibly cheesy and cringe worthy at times, but overall I liked it. As I said in another thread, it was great at showing and demonstrating the features in real life settings. No one has ever done that before, so you have give Samsung props on that. Maybe next year they should tone it down a bit, or hire a better director and writer.
    03-15-2013 09:59 AM
    I watched it at a friends place (he recorded it), I thought it was entertaining. Something different at least.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 10:00 AM
    It was filled with cheese but it was also effective considering the venue. Personally, I thought the whole event was way too extravagant and boisterous for a phone launch. Perhaps that's the image Samsung wants to convey as far as their brand is concerned.
    03-15-2013 10:13 AM
    I watched some of the recorded event this morning. The parts that I did watch I found somewhat boring. I was more interested in hearing the details on hardware though. The other stuff was filler to me and I skipped through most of it.
    03-15-2013 10:23 AM
    Compare it to the stodgy and boring presentations done by the beatnik Steve Jobs in his boring black turtleneck, or even that most recent one done by Blackberry?
    Boring presentations by Steve Jobs? He's the reason why the launch of big tech products from other companies have their own dedicated events! I guess you've never seen the launch of the iPod and/or iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Android fan - but I think Apple does a much better job with their product launch events than Samsung.
    03-15-2013 10:25 AM
    The audience was the worst part. I don't think the crowd knew how to laugh or applaud. I think that added to the awkwardness a lot. That said, the jokes were corny and the scenarios were fake, as admitted by the host in some sort of attempt to be clever. That said, big event, prime seats, get into it a little. I turned it off after all the specs and new features were announced. lol
    03-15-2013 10:27 AM
    I think it was a little odd yes, but considering the venue it was pretty fitting.

Some of the situations may have been over exaggerated but i think it was a good way to show off the phone.
    03-15-2013 10:28 AM
    I found the event boring and cheesy. I'm a fan of Broadway, plays and musicals and I didn't think that what they did with the venue added anything to explaining or detailing the phone. Lots of new features but the same old boring form and plastic. Up to now I was getting excited about moving up from my S3, but after last night - not so much.
    03-15-2013 10:28 AM
    It was so incredibly cheesy and corny.. It was hard to watch.. I was pretty much cringing the whole time. Fell sorry for the "actors" on stage.
    03-16-2013 03:02 AM
    It was so incredibly cheesy and corny.. It was hard to watch.. I was pretty much cringing the whole time. Fell sorry for the "actors" on stage.
    The actors were getting paid so I don't feel sorry for them. It's what they do.
    03-18-2013 11:37 AM
    yeah but a performance like that... probably gonna have a hard time finding another job with that on your resume.

The actors were getting paid so I don't feel sorry for them. It's what they do.
    03-18-2013 11:53 AM
    yeah but a performance like that... probably gonna have a hard time finding another job with that on your resume.
    You think so? Because not all Broadway-style shows are corny?
    03-18-2013 11:57 AM
    It was awful and stupid.
    +1. I'll never get those minutes of my life back.
    03-18-2013 11:21 PM
    They were paid to act how they were told to act, that's what actors do. Also who wouldn't wanna hire an actor that was employed by Samsung? I'm pretty sure having this on a resume is going to open doors, not close them.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    03-20-2013 10:59 AM
    Wow, seriously? Stupid? Embarrassing? Weird? Did you see the same event I did? I think it was very well put together, and it was a fitting presentation considering the location. Compare it to the stodgy and boring presentations done by the beatnik Steve Jobs in his boring black turtleneck, or even that most recent one done by Blackberry? When you think about it, in its own unique way, it illustrated each and every feature in the way that you would most likely use it. Besides, it was funny, and that boy can dance!
    LOL! Made my hour
    03-20-2013 11:11 AM
    It was definitely different. I liked it though. I felt like they knew they couldn't do a "serious" comedic presentation so they just went totally over the top to make it intentionally wonky. It was a nice change from just listing specs and product features with demos that are equally corny as what samsung did, but are trying to be serious (like the "first facetime call" from the iPhone 4 presentation, or a presenter checking their email or sending messages)
    03-20-2013 11:32 AM