12-01-2013 07:20 PM
363 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Hmmm... Poor and outdated design, plastic, wtf pen tile, touch wiz still blows, exynos chip hard to develop for. Should I keep going?

You realize it will have a snapdragon chipset right?

Everyone? The display is the device for all intents and purposes. People like the feel of quality materials not cheap plasticky devices with flimsy poorly fitting buttons. Makes sense.
    Would you want a car that is cheap and plasticky or one that is well made?
    Agree that fitting the 5 inch display into the existing chassis is nice.
    Hmmm... Ill take the plastic one.. ;-)

03-20-2013 12:27 PM
    Yeah this thread has gone to hell. I think in hindsight what turned me off was the terrible presentation, I mean actors really? But now that I read about it more it's definitely better than the s3 and more has changed than it might appear.

Both the one and s4 are impressive but I won't be buying either, as I'm completely content with my Nexus 4. Actually okay come October when I'm upgrade eligible, I might. Definitely wouldn't mind a nice backup phone vs the htc vivid I have now!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-20-2013 12:36 PM
    Everyone? The display is the device for all intents and purposes. People like the feel of quality materials not cheap plasticky devices with flimsy poorly fitting buttons. Makes sense.
    Unlike a car, you can put a case on the phone if u don't like the way it feels
    crester likes this.
    03-20-2013 01:30 PM
    If only my Infuse or Note 2 was cheap, flimsy, and with poor fitting buttons. If you want to feel some actual cheap plastic go check out some of those dollar store cases people love putting their phones in.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    03-20-2013 01:39 PM
    Unlike a car, you can put a case on the phone if u don't like the way it feels
    Car bra. Just saying. hahaha
    03-20-2013 01:42 PM
    Car bra. Just saying. hahaha
    That was the FIRST thing I trashed when my dad gave me his old car. lol

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Ry and Aquila like this.
    03-20-2013 01:53 PM
    Really? 4.2.2 works perfectly for me on my Nexus 10.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    My nexus 7 rocks. But I know how to rock a nexus 7

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-20-2013 02:23 PM
    Yeah this thread has gone to hell. I think in hindsight what turned me off was the terrible presentation, I mean actors really? But now that I read about it more it's definitely better than the s3 and more has changed than it might appear.

Both the one and s4 are impressive but I won't be buying either, as I'm completely content with my Nexus 4. Actually okay come October when I'm upgrade eligible, I might. Definitely wouldn't mind a nice backup phone vs the htc vivid I have now!

By October we should not only be holding X Phones, but also have 90% of the details on the Nexus 5.
    03-20-2013 02:24 PM
    Yeah I don't plan on leaving at&t so I got no problem upgrading for the hell of it.

03-20-2013 04:16 PM
    Yeah I don't plan on leaving at&t so I got no problem upgrading for the hell of it.

My upgrade is a logical one, I hate the Lumia 920, but love WP8 even though Microsoft hinders devices with it. The Ativ S didnt come out in the US, and I have an upgrade... Might as well get the S4!
    03-20-2013 04:25 PM
    03-20-2013 04:31 PM
    I was thinking about trying out the lumina 920 but i think id hate wp8. It would be a massive downgrade from my note 2. I just like to try new stuff out from time to time.
    03-20-2013 05:25 PM
    and will still have more micro lag through out the ui compared to the iphone 5 and Nexus 4.
    croppz likes this.
    03-20-2013 06:17 PM
    I believe everyone feels Samsung was lazy. They pulled an Apple by not doing what people expect from Android manufacturers, and make something new and cutting edge not just for software but hardware as well. Also a lot of tech journalist and Android fans alike are mad that Samsung pretty much dissed Google by not even mentioning them. Finally a lot of the features seem gimmicky.

Aquila likes this.
    03-20-2013 06:32 PM
    I believe everyone feels Samsung was lazy. They pulled an Apple by not doing what people expect from Android manufacturers, and make something new and cutting edge not just for software but hardware as well. Also a lot of tech journalist and Android fans alike are mad that Samsung pretty much dissed Google by not even mentioning them. Finally a lot of the features seem gimmicky.

I find it humorous, ignorant and hypocritical when people keep throwing the word "innovation" around when talking about what they want mobile companies to do with future smartphones, but it's mostly only when Samsung tries new things (and they do more than any other company, except for maybe HTC) that people always refer to them as gimmicks without even trying them out.
    03-20-2013 07:40 PM
    I find it humorous, ignorant and hypocritical when people keep throwing the word "innovation" around when talking about what they want mobile companies to do with future smartphones, but it's mostly only when Samsung tries new things (and they do more than any other company, except for maybe HTC) that people always refer to them as gimmicks without even trying them out.
    Totally understand. I'm just telling the op the feeling I'm getting and what I'm reading from around the community.

03-20-2013 07:44 PM
    Totally understand. I'm just telling the op the feeling I'm getting and what I'm reading from around the community.

And that's what I say to the community: quit being ignorant, and quit asking for innovation and then pass off all of Samsung's efforts at doing something new as gimmicky just cause it's Samsung (which most people do), especially when the only device that can do those things isn't even out yet.
    03-20-2013 07:50 PM
    I guess. Doesn't really matter what the community thinks they aren't the ones pushing sales anyway.

03-20-2013 07:52 PM
    I guess. Doesn't really matter what the community thinks they aren't the ones pushing sales anyway.

If they're gonna play stupid, then no it doesn't matter what they think. I've just lost about 98% of my faith in the masses over the last few years. Anyway, moving on.
    03-20-2013 07:54 PM
    You realize it will have a snapdragon chipset right?

Hmmm... Ill take the plastic one.. ;-)

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...psa759cebb.png
    The only thing more ridiculous than that analogy is the lack of sense of those who liked it
    03-20-2013 09:14 PM
    My upgrade is a logical one, I hate the Lumia 920, but love WP8 even though Microsoft hinders devices with it. The Ativ S didnt come out in the US, and I have an upgrade... Might as well get the S4!
    I would jump ship to wp8 in a heartbeat if they fixed a few things that would bother me too much because it's a damn fast OS and I kinda like the whole UI appearance, the MS ecosystem. But the notification system is far poorer than jelly bean's and using Xbox music to manage music sucks terribly. No file management either.
    03-20-2013 09:28 PM
    I would jump ship to wp8 in a heartbeat if they fixed a few things that would bother me too much because it's a damn fast OS and I kinda like the whole UI appearance, the MS ecosystem. But the notification system is far poorer than jelly bean's and using Xbox music to manage music sucks terribly. No file management either.

I only put pictures to the analogy already posted, showing it in light of my favor...

Agreed.
    03-20-2013 09:42 PM

Curious, how much did HTC mention Google during the One presentation?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    03-20-2013 10:03 PM
    Curious, how much did HTC mention Google during the One presentation?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I'm not sure it's in their best interest to push Google... HTC and Sammy both make WP8 devices too. I'd love for them to come out from a philosophical standpoint arguing the merits of Android and their interpretation of it being expounded upon by improvements to Google's genius... but that makes them sound like they stand on the shoulders of giants, rather than at peer level.
    Ry likes this.
    03-20-2013 10:19 PM
    And once again, another statistic that doesnt mean anything. From all the videos I have seen, I have noticed lag. Im just hoping it was pre release software causing it. Now I will say this, with a custom ROM, the s4 is going to FLY.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-21-2013 12:44 AM
363 ... 89101112 ...