12-01-2013 07:20 PM
363 12345 ...
tools
    Nobody can judge the phone yet as they havnt had time to play with it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 12:15 PM
    How is the lack of an SD card subjective? If the HTC One came in two models, one with an SD slot and one without which one do you think would be the best seller?
    Don't think an sd card slot is that serious.. give to two options 32 and 64.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 12:17 PM
    I am not liking it for one reason: Samsung's deliberate attempt at de-emphasizing Android and Google.

Watch the launch. How many times were Android and Google mentioned?

The S4 is the setup to eventually migrate all their "S" brand services over to their Tizen line.
    teerone, Etios, Imnutsnj and 1 others like this.
    03-15-2013 12:28 PM
    HTC one:build quality, more sophisticated ui, no SD card slot, confusing 4mp camera. S4: cheap looking design, more childish like ui but with a butt load of features you may or may not use, SD card slot, and pretty promising 13mp camera. SO... basically both are very good phones but for different reasons. The s4 will outsell the one no doubt, but which device really is better? I guess it really doesn't matter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 12:31 PM
    If the S4 is an improved S3 then it's a great phone, period.

I feel like I'm reading 4chan or something in this thread. Is school out today?
    bp3dots, torch29 and TheOtherBill like this.
    03-15-2013 12:36 PM
    If the S4 is an improved S3 then it's a great phone, period.

I feel like I'm reading 4chan or something in this thread. Is school out today?
    I think it's March Break for high schools.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 12:36 PM
    im still betting the s4 won't ship in the US until may. also verizon will probably be later than that.
    03-15-2013 12:42 PM
    Almost every article about the Galaxy S4 I go to, there seems to be a mob of people attacking the phone and praising the HTC One or Xperia Z. Anyone who posts something positive is bombarded with ridicule. My question is: why so much hate? After all, aren't we are all fans of Android?
    There are always people who hate... but they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Samsung is going to sell a ton of these Galaxy S4's... and they will sell more than the HTC One. There's more to a phone than just having a metal body.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost every article about the Galaxy S4 I go to, there seems to be a mob of people attacking the phone and praising the HTC One or Xperia Z. Anyone who posts something positive is bombarded with ridicule. My question is: why so much hate? After all, aren't we are all fans of Android?
    There are always people who hate... but they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Samsung is going to sell a ton of these Galaxy S4's... and they will sell more than the HTC One. There's more to a phone than just having a metal body.
    03-15-2013 12:48 PM
    Because most people talk about the isheep and how brand loyal they are then hate on Samsung when, in reality, they are brand loyal themselves and push for Motorola or HTC. Most people hate because they are hypocrites. I will buy Sony, lg, HTC, Motorola, apple or whoever suites my wants and needs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-15-2013 12:52 PM
    If you guys haven't noticed, the Galaxy S2 looked exactly like the original Galaxy S so why are people so upset over the S4 looking like the S3?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 12:54 PM
    I am not liking it for one reason: Samsung's deliberate attempt at de-emphasizing Android and Google.

Watch the launch. How many times were Android and Google mentioned?

The S4 is the setup to eventually migrate all their "S" brand services over to their Tizen line.
    yes indeed
    smooth3006 likes this.
    03-15-2013 01:04 PM
    seems like a huge upgrade for me coming from the Thunderbolt...only thing i worried about is TouchWiz but as soon as rooted, im sure wotn be a problem
    03-15-2013 01:06 PM
    probably, but it won't because it's better
    03-15-2013 01:06 PM
    probably, but it won't because it's better
    Whether or not it's better than the One is subjective.

03-15-2013 01:07 PM
    People are only looking at Design and nothing else thats why....the GS4 is not ugly....sure the HTC One looks better, but overall the GS4 is the best
    Christopher Salse likes this.
    03-15-2013 01:14 PM
    Whether or not it's better than the One is subjective.

Now if you're trying to say that the software and hardware components are roughly equal and it basically comes down to the appearance of the phones, then yes. Appearance could be a matter of personal taste. Feature sets could also be a matter of personal preference.

But if you're trying to say specs, hardware and performance are a matter of personal taste, then you'd be wrong.
    03-15-2013 01:15 PM
    People are only looking at Design and nothing else thats why....the GS4 is not ugly....sure the HTC One looks better, but overall the GS4 is the best
    based on what? There's not really any noticeable difference between any of the flagship smartphones this year in hardware. So basically it comes down to which you think looks better, and which UI skin you like more.
    torch29, kkapoorr, Etios and 2 others like this.
    03-15-2013 01:17 PM
    Now if you're trying to say that the software and hardware components are roughly equal and it basically comes down to the appearance of the phones, then yes. Appearance could be a matter of personal taste. Feature sets could also be a matter of personal preference.

But if you're trying to say specs, hardware and performance are a matter of personal taste, then you'd be wrong.
    You're not gonna notice in everyday use. So it's subjective which is better.

03-15-2013 01:19 PM
    based on what? There's not really any noticeable difference between any of the flagship smartphones this year in hardware. So basically it comes down to which you think looks better, and which UI skin you like more.
    Based on features
    Christopher Salse likes this.
    03-15-2013 01:23 PM
    Based on features
    nvm saw your thread, pretty much disagreed with all your points

- - - Updated - - -

You're not gonna notice in everyday use. So it's subjective which is better.

that's what I just said :P
    03-15-2013 01:28 PM

- - - Updated - - -

LOL ok u don't gotta admit it but its true though
    03-15-2013 01:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't notice :P

03-15-2013 01:44 PM
    It would seem that most of the haters like to post, so let me be different and say that I like the S4. Form factor, plastic and all. It will obviously sell millions to happy customers so the hates will be in the minority, or apple fanboys.
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-15-2013 02:11 PM
    No, HTC is trying to be the Apple of the Android world. Every flaw the Apple phones have, HTC copies. Locked battery. No SD card slot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    SD cards and removable batteries are dead for any other manufacturer even google,the one that made android, does not support SD cards, there are "flaws" with any phone.
    03-15-2013 02:17 PM
    Who buys a smartphone just for the display and the case build materials? Only those that are fans of those brands and value style over performance. The improvements to the internal hardware, user interface, the camera and JB 4.2.2 gives the GS4 the edge in the user experience which is really what counts. It is really impressive how a 5 inch HD display was fit in the same space as its predecessor. Complaints of the GS3 were non HD display and the battery life wasn't great; both aspects were improved. Some will never see the big picture and some will never be happy.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    YOU DON'T NEED FREAKING 8 CORES FOR PERFORMANCE. God damn when is this myth about the more corespondent better gonna die? You are just looking at specs and not real world performance.
    03-15-2013 02:21 PM
363 12345 ...