12-01-2013 07:20 PM
363 ... 45678 ...
tools

Those may be negative attributes to you, but they aren't to everyone. (or even the majority of people) Also, portable chargers solve your power problem without needing a swappable battery. You can even get them solar powered or hand crank, for emergencies.

I agree 100%. Arguing over the best phone is like arguing politics. You can't convince people of what they like.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-15-2013 06:42 PM
    The hate for Samsung is so strong people would trade their precious SD cards and removable batteries for the One. Funny I was led to believe that those things plus locked bootloaders were supposed to be the reason HTC was failing. Seriously anything Samsung would've done would be called gimmicky or ripping off of the Note series.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    I don't agree with what you are saying and I respect your opinion, and I tell why. I came from BlackBerry to the HTC Sensation and I was happy because of SD card and removable battery, they I went into the HTC One S, I liked the design and the touch and I said let me give it a try......but soon find out that it was the worse move I ever made why? No removable battery, no SD card and when it came to transfer pictures and videos it was a pain so for me what is inside is more important than looks, so I went to the Galaxy S3 and I am going to the S4. For me the Galaxy has better reception than the HTC because I had them both.
    03-15-2013 07:13 PM
    I don't agree with what you are saying and I respect your opinion, and I tell why. I came from BlackBerry to the HTC Sensation and I was happy because of SD card and removable battery, they I went into the HTC One S, I liked the design and the touch and I said let me give it a try......but soon find out that it was the worse move I ever made why? No removable battery, no SD card and when it came to transfer pictures and videos it was a pain so for me what is inside is more important than looks, so I went to the Galaxy S3 and I am going to the S4. For me the Galaxy has better reception than the HTC because I had them both.
    I don't get what you are disagreeing with. If there isn't a Note 3 by the time my Infuse's contract runs out I'm getting the S4 for the same reasons you posted.

That post is about hypocritical people who were ripping HTC because they don't include removable batteries, SD cards or, other features like Samsung.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    03-15-2013 07:36 PM
    Had a HTC Vivid... Loved it (removable battery and sd card, then upgraded to the S3...and love it (removable battery and sd card). If you have ever worked in the field, or been in meetings all day, and your device is constantly getting emails, phone calls, or in use at break and lunch, the battery swap is a relief. When I leave the office, I have 2 charged batteries and don't look for a electrical outlet or a Safepower battery pack (which I have tried and works, but two batteries are easier to carry). Also, on the plastic back on the S3, I have a case and you don't EVEN see or feel the back cover. YMMV!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 09:45 PM
    That's my biggest gripe with the phone. I change my s3's battery at least twice a day.
    Why is that? Does it not last you a whole day?

Sent from my iPhone 7
    03-15-2013 11:32 PM
    The hate for Samsung is all talk.

Samsung will still outsell everyone.
    Of course.
    03-15-2013 11:36 PM
    I don't hate it, I'm just a bit disappointed. I still may pick one up, not sure. I'm kinda torn between it and the htc one.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-15-2013 11:38 PM
    Wow. The replies and anger I'm seeing in this thread just made my day.

I think it looks badass and I wish I hadn't just bought my S3 in December.

03-15-2013 11:41 PM
    Honest criticism = hate. Disagreement = rage.

Lol. When a device is this big, you're gonna get scrutiny. To dismiss it all as simple hate is ridiculous, and really goes against the spirit of honest discussion that we're meant to have in these forums.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    omniusovermind likes this.
    03-15-2013 11:48 PM
    All I can say, is I'm going to start stamping HTC's logo on a brick and selling it to those who ignore everything except build quality. Thankfully there's a lot of gullible people out there that can help the rest of us make some quick money.

I'm not saying the HTC One isn't good, I'm saying HTC fans would buy a box of dog crap if the box was built with aluminum.
    crester, TBolt and jasongeiger like this.
    03-16-2013 12:00 AM
    Honest criticism = hate. Disagreement = rage.

Lol. When a device is this big, you're gonna get scrutiny. To dismiss it all as simple hate is ridiculous, and really goes against the spirit of honest discussion that we're meant to have in these forums.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    This post is full of win
    03-16-2013 12:11 AM
    All I can say, is I'm going to start stamping HTC's logo on a brick and selling it to those who ignore everything except build quality.

I'm not saying the HTC One isn't good, I'm saying HTC fans would buy a box of dog crap if the box was built with aluminum.
    I'm a fan of tech beholden to no company. But I find your statement to be equally applicable to Samsung as well. What saddens me is that the android platform appears to be reducing itself to the same state as any other product in society, where marketing power and not merit is king. None of these contenders this year are a decisive cut above the rest, but sadly companies who are producing equally good products are at risk of suffering big losses because although they have created something of equal merit, they proved less skillful at marketing it. The only losers when choices are reduced and a monopoly is possible are us. Isn't that what android is supposed to be all about for many of us? An increase in choice besides just iPhones?

I don't want to buy in a market that's just Apple or Samsung, but we're our own worst enemies because that's exactly what we enable to happen with our wallets. Personally I'm so sick of seeing these monopolies crush good products just because they advertise more successfully I'm starting to root for companies like blackberry, ubuntu, and even windows phones. I'm fighting a losing battle though because there's a lot more walmart shoppers and McDonalds eaters than little old me
    03-16-2013 12:30 AM
    I'm a fan of tech beholden to no company. But I find your statement to be equally applicable to Samsung as well. What saddens me is that the android platform appears to be reducing itself to the same state as any other product in society, where marketing power and not merit is king. None of these contenders this year are a decisive cut above the rest, but sadly companies who are producing equally good products are at risk of suffering big losses because although they have created something of equal merit, they proved less skillful at marketing it. The only losers when choices are reduced and a monopoly is possible are us. Isn't that what android is supposed to be all about for many of us? An increase in choice besides just iPhones?

I don't want to buy in a market that's just Apple or Samsung, but we're our own worst enemies because that's exactly what we enable to happen with our wallets. Personally I'm so sick of seeing these monopolies crush good products just because they advertise more successfully I'm starting to root for companies like blackberry, ubuntu, and even windows phones. I'm fighting a losing battle though because there's a lot more walmart shoppers and McDonalds eaters than little old me
    I do agree with your point. But how do you apply what I said to Samsung? I was talking about the obsession with build quality. Not arguing, just curious what you meant.
    03-16-2013 12:36 AM
    Wow. The replies and anger I'm seeing in this thread just made my day.

I think it looks badass and I wish I hadn't just bought my S3 in December.

That's the point, u sound just like the owner of an iPhone, "oh the iPhone 5 looks great, I wish I didn't just buy a 4S" the "hate" as u all call it is anger toward Samsung because even though they are the largest manufacturer of Android devices, they just aspire to be just like Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    03-16-2013 01:23 AM
    I do agree with your point. But how do you apply what I said to Samsung? I was talking about the obsession with build quality. Not arguing, just curious what you meant.
    My bad, I thought you were just referring to brand loyalists in general
    03-16-2013 02:17 AM
    We should all wait and see if the S4 succeeds, or sadly, fail.
    We shouldn't bash an product that hasn't been released yet.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    03-16-2013 02:26 AM
    I never said I supported, or even needed, 8-core processors. The 'power user' I refer to is aka 'a road warrior' -- maybe a traveling sales person or other mobile professional. Someone who actually uses the hell out of the phone's features to get things done and is not always conveniently located next to a power source. These kinds of people kill batteries & can't schedule their day around access to power outlets. They are dead in the water if they can't swap out the phone's battery (at least Samsung understands this). These folks are likely also in need of hot-swappable storage (Samsungs understands this, too.)

Hopefully that answers your question.

Personally, I shoot a lot of photos, record meetings & conferences, and shoot video for work. I would not be able to do all these things if I was restricted to internal memory - especially not a mere 16GB.

If storage and battery life are not important to most of you guys, just remember that you do not represent every one of us. I see a lot of people complacently accepting limited capabilities in newer phones with little thought about how much they are actually losing out on.
    Sorry for my false assumption.
    TBolt likes this.
    03-16-2013 03:35 AM
    Well I mean, that's what cloud storage is for. I don't personally use it but if I ever ran out if space it's nice to know its there.

But lets face it, the Galaxy phones won't have SD card slots and removable batteries for too much longer.
    Especially if they wanna continue to make them as thin as possible.
    Well they can maybe keep the SD card slot but I don't see a removable battery being a feature on too many of their future phones.
    You do realize not all countries have high LTE caps or at least the plans aren't cheap right?
    03-16-2013 03:38 AM
    While I may have been a bit disappointed with the build of the new galaxy, every thing else for me was a huge plus. One reason I will be choosing the galaxy 4 over any of the other offerings is Updates. With the exception of the nexus of course what other manufacturer has updated their phones as quickly has Samsung? That's right none. What pleases me is that Samsung seems to be willing to keep updating their older devices with at least some of the new features where possible of the s4. There was and article floating around from the horses mouth confirming this. If Samsung keeps true to form the new features will be bundled with new updates to the Android os.
    03-16-2013 04:06 AM
    Why is that? Does it not last you a whole day?

Sent from my iPhone 7
    Not even close. The most it will last me, and that is if I try not to use my phone--is 12 or so hours. On average, the battery last me 6 hours. I am what you consider a heavy user. I do everything on my phone: calls, text, movies, music, browse the web, etc. I power use the hell out of my phone, because I rarely touch my laptop. It is just the convenience of having my phone that makes it so much easier for me to just take it out of my pocket and watch movies and browse the web for most of the day when I am not doing anything.
    03-16-2013 08:40 AM
    Because it is easy to have everything in one place, and not everyone stores that much stuff on their device. And why would you need swappable storage? Millions of people seem not to with no problems.
    Its more safe if its not on in one place....do you keep all your music and movies on your computer? or an external hard drive? I'm sure the majority would agree an external hard drive is the best option
    If you happen to drop your phone and it wont turn on anymore....ur pretty much F'ed if everythong was on your phone.....but if u had a MicroSD Card....ur pretty much safe...thats why its better
    03-16-2013 02:27 PM
    Its more safe if its not on in one place....do you keep all your music and movies on your computer? or an external hard drive? I'm sure the majority would agree an external hard drive is the best option
    If you happen to drop your phone and it wont turn on anymore....ur pretty much F'ed if everythong was on your phone.....but if u had a MicroSD Card....ur pretty much safe...thats why its better
    Not everyone drops their phone ya know? I also make a back up of my Nexus and keep it on my computer.
    03-16-2013 03:13 PM
    Not everyone drops their phone ya know? I also make a back up of my Nexus and keep it on my computer.
    Well anything can happen, it could accidentally fall in water, or over heat....may not happen to you, but all these are possibilities that have happened to many people
    03-16-2013 03:30 PM
    Well anything can happen, it could accidentally fall in water, or over heat....may not happen to you, but all these are possibilities that have happened to many people
    You are right. But still you can back up the phone to your computer
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-16-2013 03:31 PM
    Almost every article about the Galaxy S4 I go to, there seems to be a mob of people attacking the phone and praising the HTC One or Xperia Z. Anyone who posts something positive is bombarded with ridicule. My question is: why so much hate? After all, aren't we are all fans of Android?
    android fans are getting as bad as IOS fans it is nuts reading the various sites and the amount of hate shown by one group towards the next. it is almost like people are defending the phone like it is a family member lol
    TheOtherBill and optimummind like this.
    03-16-2013 05:57 PM
363 ... 45678 ...