12-01-2013 07:20 PM
363 ... 56789 ...
tools
    android fans are getting as bad as IOS fans it is nuts reading the various sites and the amount of hate shown by one group towards the next. it is almost like people are defending the phone like it is a family member lol
    Personally, I think all the infighting is entertaining. If you really want to get hated on, try mentioning that you want the new Huawei phone. I caught hell for that one. It's all in good fun though, they're just phones.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i
    03-16-2013 06:18 PM
    All I can say, is I'm going to start stamping HTC's logo on a brick and selling it to those who ignore everything except build quality. Thankfully there's a lot of gullible people out there that can help the rest of us make some quick money.

I'm not saying the HTC One isn't good, I'm saying HTC fans would buy a box of dog crap if the box was built with aluminum.
    You could say the same for Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Blackberry, and Motorola fanboys/fangirls as well, they'll buy anything their favorite company puts out.
    The Real X Dawg likes this.
    03-16-2013 10:25 PM
    I still don't get why people think Samsung build quality is cheap. I've owned a Samsung X427, Sync, Eternity, Mythic, and Captivate, and they all held up very well. Who cares if it's made out of plastic?

Funny thing is the one x was made out of the exact same material as the gs3. The GS3 doesn't look or feel "cheap" so I don't get the hate there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    03-17-2013 01:58 PM
    I still don't get why people think Samsung build quality is cheap. I've owned a Samsung X427, Sync, Eternity, Mythic, and Captivate, and they all held up very well. Who cares if it's made out of plastic?

Funny thing is the one x was made out of the exact same material as the gs3. The GS3 doesn't look or feel "cheap" so I don't get the hate there
    To you maybe not. To me, my SGS3 looked and felt cheap. It's a subjective opinion and I understand that others don't agree with me and this is fine. I accept that.

Anyway back on topic. I have owned two Samsung phones, numerous iPhones, Sony and Nokia phones. I have never owned an HTC phone though but the One does look absolutely beautiful and by all accounts has damn good hardware. Of course it is early days yet and only time will tell how it all stands up.

I am equally impressed by the reports I have been hearing of the Samsung S4 and the more I read about this phone, the more I am calling into question my half-made decision to get the HTC One.

I honestly can't make up my mind on which device to get and will wait until I can personally compare both devices side by side before I make a decision. What I won't do though is be swayed by all the hate both for and against each device that I am seeing all over the net. These phones, much like the iPhone, were always going to polarise opinions and that polarisation is evident in this thread for a start.

I will wait for the facts to start emerging from real life users of both devices to inform my decision. Opinions are useful but the moment someone starts touting their opinion as gospel truth is the moment they lose all credibility in my eyes.
    03-17-2013 02:37 PM
    The hate for Samsung is so strong people would trade their precious
    I assume this was sarcasm, since Samsung is cleaning HTC's clock, but I will give up my removable battery and my sd card slot when someone puts a gun to my head and threatens to decorate the walls with my brains. Until then....
    TBolt likes this.
    03-17-2013 03:55 PM
    I heard somewhere that Sammy execs go on vacations to club baby seals to death! Don't know if its true or not, but I still will never own a Sammy phone!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    03-17-2013 04:10 PM
    Some of the Hate is coming from the community that is expecting continuous major changes to Smart Phones as we've seen in the past several years. From what's been coming out recently most Flagship phones (let's stick to android for the moment) have comparable HW, mostly the same OS and are being differentiated by their Skins ie touchwiz/sense etc, which then becomes users choice. Take out removable battery / sd (some live and die by it others not so much) and they all become very similar. Add on top of any brand the top 20 most used apps installed and they are very much alike. So what are we left with? A phone, very smart and capable ones. I seem to feel we're getting very close the to the 'desktop/laptop' stage where most are very similar and capable of doing the same tasks. That all said we've grown used to big changes, much better performance, dazzled with features but let's face it, there are only going to be so many until another major breakthrough in usability is created, or perhaps the next outlandish / revolutionary Technology gadget someone creates that drives us all in that direction. We will see phone evolution curve flatten but track with technology in size/speed and power consumption but I'm questioning any real changes. For us that's good, we're reaching the platform plateau, but for the mfgs it's a quandary since now why will people upgrade for margin improvements and spend those hard earned dollars.

Let's face it, Nokia was the worlds leading phone for many years, Blackberry changed much of that with their platforms, then along comes Apple, now it's Samsung's turn but my faith in capitalism leave me hopeful, someone who wants to make alot of money will figure out the next level.. then we'll be off to the races once again
    The Real X Dawg and paul-c like this.
    03-17-2013 05:21 PM
    I've only seen one post mention this but did anyone watch the hands on video Phil put up for the 4? When he went to the App drawer and started swiping through the apps and widgets there some very noticeable lag, that is unacceptable for a device that just launched with the caliber of specs it has. Just goes to show how bloated and bogged down touchwiz is.

Sent from the collector home world.
    03-17-2013 06:11 PM
    I've only seen one post mention this but did anyone watch the hands on video Phil put up for the 4? When he went to the App drawer and started swiping through the apps and widgets there some very noticeable lag, that is unacceptable for a device that just launched with the caliber of specs it has. Just goes to show how bloated and bogged down touchwiz is.

IT'S PRE-PRODUCTION!!! HE SAID IT HIMSELF!!! The Galaxy S3 is smooth... a phone which is an improved version of it isn't going to suddenly start lagging like crazy!
    03-17-2013 06:26 PM
    I assume this was sarcasm, since Samsung is cleaning HTC's clock, but I will give up my removable battery and my sd card slot when someone puts a gun to my head and threatens to decorate the walls with my brains. Until then....
    Yep nothing but sarcasm.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    03-17-2013 06:30 PM

Which is why I decided never to buy another android phone that isn't pure. If I even decide to stay with the OS. It hasn't escaped my notice that Blackberry runs faster on last year's dual core than android OEM skins on this year's quads. Ditto for iOS. WP is virtually lag free on 512 MB RAM. All of the above release updates faster than both Samsung and HTC.

I can't help but feel that watching squabbles between Samsung and HTC is like watching 2 amateurs who can't get it right
    swarlos likes this.
    03-17-2013 06:30 PM
    IT'S PRE-PRODUCTION!!! HE SAID IT HIMSELF!!! The Galaxy S3 is smooth... a phone which is an improved version of it isn't going to suddenly start lagging like crazy!
    That argument is MOOT!!! Because watch the HTC One video where Alex is using the phone I'm sure that was also Pre-Production but there was a noticeably larger lack of lag so your point just lost all relevancy.

I don't care if the S4 is Pre-production at the unpacked event it's a month out from launch they've had how long to perfect the software and its running freaking 4.2.2 for craps sake there should be no LAG!!!!!!!!

03-17-2013 06:39 PM
    That argument is MOOT!!! Because watch the HTC One video where Alex is using the phone I'm sure that was also Pre-Production but there was a noticeably larger lack of lag so your point just lost all relevancy.

I don't care if the S4 is Pre-production at the unpacked event it's a month out from launch they've had how long to perfect the software and its running freaking 4.2.2 for craps sake there should be no LAG!!!!!!!!

You people are really getting on my nerves... do you have a brain? Or do you just come here to rant senselessly. The phone you get in your hand will not lag... just like how the SGS3 runs smoothly. You are not buying the phone that Phil was holding in his hand!

And if you listen to the previous podcast you will even hear the Android Central staff admit that the commercial/retail version of the HTC One ran a lot smother than the ones they received as pre-production test units!!!
    Premium1, cwbcpa and TheOtherBill like this.
    03-17-2013 06:48 PM

While it is lame that Samsung's demo model suck but I'm sure the millions and millions of Galaxy S4 buyers won't get a crappy demo model. If Samsung does drop the ball I'm upgrading to a HTC One in August since I doubt there will be a Note 3 in sight by then.

03-17-2013 06:52 PM
    You people are really getting on my nerves... do you have a brain? Or do you just come here to rant senselessly. The phone you get in your hand will not lag... just like how the SGS3 runs smoothly. You are not buying the phone that Phil was holding in his hand!

And if you listen to the previous podcast you will even hear the Android Central staff admit that the commercial/retail version of the HTC One ran a lot smother than the ones they received as pre-production test units!!!
    Don't waste your time, some people just like to bash stuff they don't like.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    crester, Premium1, Rizz1-2 and 1 others like this.
    03-17-2013 06:55 PM
    While it is lame that Samsung's demo model suck but I'm sure the millions and millions of Galaxy S4 buyers won't get a crappy demo model. If Samsung does drop the ball I'm upgrading to a HTC One in August since I doubt there will be a Note 3 in sight by then.

Yes that will be true and I did watch the Verges hands on and the unit Chris was using didn't have the lag that Phil's did. I think it's funny HTC made a sleeker version of sense and Samsung just added more bloat to touchwiz. I just want to see another Android OEM do well. HTC doesn't have to be on the same level as Sammy just yet but it would be nice to see them make a profit like Samsung.

The Real X Dawg likes this.
    03-17-2013 06:56 PM
    I'm just ready for the s5, the next HTC one, or the next op g pro

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    03-17-2013 07:07 PM
    Keep the discussion civil. There's no need to insult other members. If you don't care for the thread, feel free to move on.

Sent from my SGSIII
    swarlos likes this.
    03-17-2013 07:27 PM
    From reading through numerous threads, discussions, articles, and comments, it seems like the number one reason that the S4 is being attacked for is due to its design (the shape of the phone), which is closely followed by its build material (polycarbonate), both by the Apple and HTC groups.

I, too, was initially disappointed about the design of the S4, although not about its build material (I'm OK with pokycarbonate). In my mind, I envisioned Samsung making the S4 more blocky and sleek looking like the S2 and getting rid of the home button (like on one of the leak pictures). So when I saw the final design of the S4 during samsung's live unpacked event, I felt a tinge of disappointment. As the show went on and as more official info became released, I felt better b/c I realized that the S4 has many redeeming qualities: 5'' 1080p screen with an improved diamond-matrix AMOLED screen, Android 4.2.2, better camera and nifty camera software features, LPDDR3 RAM, stronger quad processor, bigger and removable battery, microSD option, and all this in a form factor smaller and lighter than the S3.

Yes, the design of the S4 didn't blow me away nor meet my personal expectations but I can overlook that because the S4 has so many hardware and software features that are cutting-edge and useful (although some are definitely gimmicky).
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-17-2013 09:03 PM
    This is so true. Doesn't matter if you run an old Droid, Low end, Mid Range or even the High end. We all like Droid so why hate on each other. Makes absolutely no sense.
    crester likes this.
    03-17-2013 10:00 PM
    All you have to do is look at the htc one and people will assume its better than the s4. The outside always gives the first impression. The s4 is ugly personally as it is plagued with these weird dots. Also, creating little gimmicks is not innovating. The s4 will be a hit no doubt, but build quality is becoming more important these days as specs begin to max out.
    How can you speak on build quality when you don't even have the phone?

No one knows what the build quality of the s4 is like

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-17-2013 10:04 PM

Pre production htc vs pre production Samsung are two completely different software so the argument isn't moot by any means.
    03-17-2013 10:34 PM
    See? this guy had to mention Apple, he couldn't resist.

How the hell was the iPhone 5 the same as the 4/4S I freaking want legit answers not bull.
    Who said the 5 was the same as the 4S? When people say Samsung "pulled an Apple" I'd say the logical assumption is one would compare the 4 to the 4S... you know, identical phones (by identical, I mean minimal differences; 4S to the 5 is a worthy upgrade).
    swarlos likes this.
    03-17-2013 11:46 PM
    Reps are not commissioned by the phone they sell. They get their commission by the contract. There can be phone spiffs which is different. And how do I know this? I used to sell wireless.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    crester likes this.
    03-18-2013 12:42 AM
    actually the S3 does have lag
    03-18-2013 02:48 AM
363 ... 56789 ...