Why so much hate?

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
We should all wait and see if the S4 succeeds, or sadly, fail.
We shouldn't bash an product that hasn't been released yet.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I never said I supported, or even needed, 8-core processors. The 'power user' I refer to is aka 'a road warrior' -- maybe a traveling sales person or other mobile professional. Someone who actually uses the hell out of the phone's features to get things done and is not always conveniently located next to a power source. These kinds of people kill batteries & can't schedule their day around access to power outlets. They are dead in the water if they can't swap out the phone's battery (at least Samsung understands this). These folks are likely also in need of hot-swappable storage (Samsungs understands this, too.)

Hopefully that answers your question.

Personally, I shoot a lot of photos, record meetings & conferences, and shoot video for work. I would not be able to do all these things if I was restricted to internal memory - especially not a mere 16GB.

If storage and battery life are not important to most of you guys, just remember that you do not represent every one of us. I see a lot of people complacently accepting limited capabilities in newer phones with little thought about how much they are actually losing out on.

Sorry for my false assumption.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I mean, that's what cloud storage is for. I don't personally use it but if I ever ran out if space it's nice to know its there.

But lets face it, the Galaxy phones won't have SD card slots and removable batteries for too much longer.
Especially if they wanna continue to make them as thin as possible.
Well they can maybe keep the SD card slot but I don't see a removable battery being a feature on too many of their future phones.

You do realize not all countries have high LTE caps or at least the plans aren't cheap right?

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
While I may have been a bit disappointed with the build of the new galaxy, every thing else for me was a huge plus. One reason I will be choosing the galaxy 4 over any of the other offerings is Updates. With the exception of the nexus of course what other manufacturer has updated their phones as quickly has Samsung? That's right none. What pleases me is that Samsung seems to be willing to keep updating their older devices with at least some of the new features where possible of the s4. There was and article floating around from the horses mouth confirming this. If Samsung keeps true to form the new features will be bundled with new updates to the Android os.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Why is that? Does it not last you a whole day?

Sent from my iPhone 7

Not even close. The most it will last me, and that is if I try not to use my phone--is 12 or so hours. On average, the battery last me 6 hours. I am what you consider a heavy user. I do everything on my phone: calls, text, movies, music, browse the web, etc. I power use the hell out of my phone, because I rarely touch my laptop. It is just the convenience of having my phone that makes it so much easier for me to just take it out of my pocket and watch movies and browse the web for most of the day when I am not doing anything.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Because it is easy to have everything in one place, and not everyone stores that much stuff on their device. And why would you need swappable storage? Millions of people seem not to with no problems.

Its more safe if its not on in one place....do you keep all your music and movies on your computer? or an external hard drive? I'm sure the majority would agree an external hard drive is the best option
If you happen to drop your phone and it wont turn on anymore....ur pretty much F'ed if everythong was on your phone.....but if u had a MicroSD Card....ur pretty much safe...thats why its better

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Its more safe if its not on in one place....do you keep all your music and movies on your computer? or an external hard drive? I'm sure the majority would agree an external hard drive is the best option
If you happen to drop your phone and it wont turn on anymore....ur pretty much F'ed if everythong was on your phone.....but if u had a MicroSD Card....ur pretty much safe...thats why its better

Not everyone drops their phone ya know? I also make a back up of my Nexus and keep it on my computer.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Almost every article about the Galaxy S4 I go to, there seems to be a mob of people attacking the phone and praising the HTC One or Xperia Z. Anyone who posts something positive is bombarded with ridicule. My question is: why so much hate? After all, aren't we are all fans of Android?

android fans are getting as bad as IOS fans it is nuts reading the various sites and the amount of hate shown by one group towards the next. it is almost like people are defending the phone like it is a family member lol

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
android fans are getting as bad as IOS fans it is nuts reading the various sites and the amount of hate shown by one group towards the next. it is almost like people are defending the phone like it is a family member lol

Personally, I think all the infighting is entertaining. If you really want to get hated on, try mentioning that you want the new Huawei phone. I caught hell for that one. It's all in good fun though, they're just phones.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
All I can say, is I'm going to start stamping HTC's logo on a brick and selling it to those who ignore everything except build quality. Thankfully there's a lot of gullible people out there that can help the rest of us make some quick money.

I'm not saying the HTC One isn't good, I'm saying HTC fans would buy a box of dog crap if the box was built with aluminum.

You could say the same for Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Blackberry, and Motorola fanboys/fangirls as well, they'll buy anything their favorite company puts out.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I still don't get why people think Samsung build quality is cheap. I've owned a Samsung X427, Sync, Eternity, Mythic, and Captivate, and they all held up very well. Who cares if it's made out of plastic?

Funny thing is the one x was made out of the exact same material as the gs3. The GS3 doesn't look or feel "cheap" so I don't get the hate there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I still don't get why people think Samsung build quality is cheap. I've owned a Samsung X427, Sync, Eternity, Mythic, and Captivate, and they all held up very well. Who cares if it's made out of plastic?

Funny thing is the one x was made out of the exact same material as the gs3. The GS3 doesn't look or feel "cheap" so I don't get the hate there

To you maybe not. To me, my SGS3 looked and felt cheap. It's a subjective opinion and I understand that others don't agree with me and this is fine. I accept that.

Anyway back on topic. I have owned two Samsung phones, numerous iPhones, Sony and Nokia phones. I have never owned an HTC phone though but the One does look absolutely beautiful and by all accounts has damn good hardware. Of course it is early days yet and only time will tell how it all stands up.

I am equally impressed by the reports I have been hearing of the Samsung S4 and the more I read about this phone, the more I am calling into question my half-made decision to get the HTC One.

I honestly can't make up my mind on which device to get and will wait until I can personally compare both devices side by side before I make a decision. What I won't do though is be swayed by all the hate both for and against each device that I am seeing all over the net. These phones, much like the iPhone, were always going to polarise opinions and that polarisation is evident in this thread for a start.

I will wait for the facts to start emerging from real life users of both devices to inform my decision. Opinions are useful but the moment someone starts touting their opinion as gospel truth is the moment they lose all credibility in my eyes.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The hate for Samsung is so strong people would trade their precious

I assume this was sarcasm, since Samsung is cleaning HTC's clock, but I will give up my removable battery and my sd card slot when someone puts a gun to my head and threatens to decorate the walls with my brains. Until then.... ;)

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I heard somewhere that Sammy execs go on vacations to club baby seals to death! Don't know if its true or not, but I still will never own a Sammy phone!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Some of the Hate is coming from the community that is expecting continuous major changes to Smart Phones as we've seen in the past several years. From what's been coming out recently most Flagship phones (let's stick to android for the moment) have comparable HW, mostly the same OS and are being differentiated by their Skins ie touchwiz/sense etc, which then becomes users choice. Take out removable battery / sd (some live and die by it others not so much) and they all become very similar. Add on top of any brand the top 20 most used apps installed and they are very much alike. So what are we left with? A phone, very smart and capable ones. I seem to feel we're getting very close the to the 'desktop/laptop' stage where most are very similar and capable of doing the same tasks. That all said we've grown used to big changes, much better performance, dazzled with features but let's face it, there are only going to be so many until another major breakthrough in usability is created, or perhaps the next outlandish / revolutionary Technology gadget someone creates that drives us all in that direction. We will see phone evolution curve flatten but track with technology in size/speed and power consumption but I'm questioning any real changes. For us that's good, we're reaching the platform plateau, but for the mfgs it's a quandary since now why will people upgrade for margin improvements and spend those hard earned dollars.

Let's face it, Nokia was the worlds leading phone for many years, Blackberry changed much of that with their platforms, then along comes Apple, now it's Samsung's turn but my faith in capitalism leave me hopeful, someone who wants to make alot of money will figure out the next level.. then we'll be off to the races once again

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I've only seen one post mention this but did anyone watch the hands on video Phil put up for the 4? When he went to the App drawer and started swiping through the apps and widgets there some very noticeable lag, that is unacceptable for a device that just launched with the caliber of specs it has. Just goes to show how bloated and bogged down touchwiz is.

Sent from the collector home world.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've only seen one post mention this but did anyone watch the hands on video Phil put up for the 4? When he went to the App drawer and started swiping through the apps and widgets there some very noticeable lag, that is unacceptable for a device that just launched with the caliber of specs it has. Just goes to show how bloated and bogged down touchwiz is.

Sent from the collector home world.

IT'S PRE-PRODUCTION!!! HE SAID IT HIMSELF!!! The Galaxy S3 is smooth... a phone which is an improved version of it isn't going to suddenly start lagging like crazy!

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume this was sarcasm, since Samsung is cleaning HTC's clock, but I will give up my removable battery and my sd card slot when someone puts a gun to my head and threatens to decorate the walls with my brains. Until then.... ;)

Yep nothing but sarcasm.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz