Why so much hate?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Why so much hate???

Because Samsung deserves it, and here's why:

* Each year, Samsung executives take two "team building" trips. The first is to the Arctic, where they club baby seals. The second is a whaling expedition in the Japan Sea where each Exec is required to harpoon a whale due to the company's belief that whale oil improves virility, thus somehow increasing sales.

* Does anyone remember Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? That was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to expose the Cult of Sammy.

* Samsung is clearly the money behind every terrorist movement in the world.

* Samsung hates children.

* And finally, every time a Samsung device is purchased, an angel loses their wings.

Knowing all of these "facts", is it any wonder there's so much hate directed their way?!?

Sent from my DNA

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The hate for Samsung is so strong people would trade their precious SD cards and removable batteries for the One. Funny I was led to believe that those things plus locked bootloaders were supposed to be the reason HTC was failing. Seriously anything Samsung would've done would be called gimmicky or ripping off of the Note series.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

There are still some that this is a non starter for but less and less. Look at the nexus 4 sell. While I prefer those things, they are not absolutes for me any longer.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I think people have unrealistic expectations for one thing. Not just for this phone but for others. Technology only advances so far and this is arguably the most feature packed device in terms of hardware and software you can buy today.
However the HTC One has shown a premium build that is close to or equivalent to the iPhone 5 for the first time in an Android device and Samsung has gone with the same plasticky build and look. I think that's part of it.
FYI people who say the iPhone 5 is the same as the 4 and 4s simply don't know what they are talking about.

Speaking of build quality Samsung S4 vs. HTC One vs. IPhone 5. Everyone is ragging on the fact that Samsung went w/ a poly-carbonate frame again but those same people complained when the IPhone 5 was showing up with scratches out of the box. I think Samsungs choice in using the poly-carbonate is more than just looks. They went with something they new would continue to hold up to scratches better without it being glaringly obvious like the IPhone 5 does and undoubtedly the HTC One will. That being said if the only thing you can say is you don't like the material used to construct your precious new phone put a freaking case on it like the vast majority of people do.

As far as the other differences between HTC One and Samsung S4 from what I can tell it's gonna come down to personal preference. I have owned both a Samsung and HTC android phone (had the Samsung Moment & currently HTC EVO 3d) and loved them both while simultaneously wanting to strangle the crap out of them. I'm still not sure which phone I am going to upgrade too but am leaning towards the S4 just from using my wifes S3. No matter what I get though I'm sure I'll have buyers remorse later.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
No, HTC is trying to be the Apple of the Android world. Every flaw the Apple phones have, HTC copies. Locked battery. No SD card slot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Those "flaws" you mentioned are purely subjective.

I guess the Nexus 4 is "flawed" and copying Apple too then...

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my MacBook pro for 5 years. No scratches.. been on the beach with it. So I'm sure the one won't scratch that easy. And if I'm not mistaken. Didn't HTC start using the polycarbonate backing first? My g.f s3 doesn't feel as good as my DNA. And it's the same.. so why does Samsung feel so cheap compared to HTC when they use the same material on the back?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Until another OEM comes along with a bigger marketing campaign on its flagship device it will be hard to shut down Samsung. Even if Samsung's new S4 isn't everyone's cup of tea it will still sell big and its due to the massive amount dropped into advertising the heck out of it. Its a smart move, the average non techy forum consumers look at these commercials, ads in magazines, online and word of mouth about the Samsung Galaxy line and they assume it has to be the best when they don't hear nearly as much from HTC, LG and others...

Paul, I find the "Samsung has such a large advertising budget that's why they sell so many phones" argument to be without merit. Microsoft has been advertising the crap out of their new tablet and yet it's sales are disappointing. I know that Ford spent a ton of money promoting the Edsel and it was an embarrassing failure. If the Galaxy S 3 was an inferior product all the advertising in the world wouldn't cause it to have sold in the millions like it has. Likewise, if HTC, Motorola, LG, etc had a killer phone it would sell like hot cakes even with mediocre marketing efforts. Bottom line, massive ad campaigns can not sell an inferior or ill received product.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Those "flaws" you mentioned are purely subjective.

I guess the Nexus 4 is "flawed" and copying Apple too then...

How is the lack of an SD card subjective? If the HTC One came in two models, one with an SD slot and one without which one do you think would be the best seller?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How is the lack of an SD card subjective? If the HTC One came in two models, one with an SD slot and one without which one do you think would be the best seller?

Don't think an sd card slot is that serious.. give to two options 32 and 64.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am not liking it for one reason: Samsung's deliberate attempt at de-emphasizing Android and Google.

Watch the launch. How many times were Android and Google mentioned?

The S4 is the setup to eventually migrate all their "S" brand services over to their Tizen line.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC one:build quality, more sophisticated ui, no SD card slot, confusing 4mp camera. S4: cheap looking design, more childish like ui but with a butt load of features you may or may not use, SD card slot, and pretty promising 13mp camera. SO... basically both are very good phones but for different reasons. The s4 will outsell the one no doubt, but which device really is better? I guess it really doesn't matter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
If the S4 is an improved S3 then it's a great phone, period.

I feel like I'm reading 4chan or something in this thread. Is school out today?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Almost every article about the Galaxy S4 I go to, there seems to be a mob of people attacking the phone and praising the HTC One or Xperia Z. Anyone who posts something positive is bombarded with ridicule. My question is: why so much hate? After all, aren't we are all fans of Android?

There are always people who hate... but they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Samsung is going to sell a ton of these Galaxy S4's... and they will sell more than the HTC One. There's more to a phone than just having a metal body.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost every article about the Galaxy S4 I go to, there seems to be a mob of people attacking the phone and praising the HTC One or Xperia Z. Anyone who posts something positive is bombarded with ridicule. My question is: why so much hate? After all, aren't we are all fans of Android?

There are always people who hate... but they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Samsung is going to sell a ton of these Galaxy S4's... and they will sell more than the HTC One. There's more to a phone than just having a metal body.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Because most people talk about the isheep and how brand loyal they are then hate on Samsung when, in reality, they are brand loyal themselves and push for Motorola or HTC. Most people hate because they are hypocrites. I will buy Sony, lg, HTC, Motorola, apple or whoever suites my wants and needs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you guys haven't noticed, the Galaxy S2 looked exactly like the original Galaxy S so why are people so upset over the S4 looking like the S3?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums