Why so much hate?

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am not liking it for one reason: Samsung's deliberate attempt at de-emphasizing Android and Google.

Watch the launch. How many times were Android and Google mentioned?

The S4 is the setup to eventually migrate all their "S" brand services over to their Tizen line.
yes indeed

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
seems like a huge upgrade for me coming from the Thunderbolt...only thing i worried about is TouchWiz but as soon as rooted, im sure wotn be a problem

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
There are always people who hate... but they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Samsung is going to sell a ton of these Galaxy S4's... and they will sell more than the HTC One. There's more to a phone than just having a metal body.

probably, but it won't because it's better

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
People are only looking at Design and nothing else thats why....the GS4 is not ugly....sure the HTC One looks better, but overall the GS4 is the best

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Whether or not it's better than the One is subjective.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Now if you're trying to say that the software and hardware components are roughly equal and it basically comes down to the appearance of the phones, then yes. Appearance could be a matter of personal taste. Feature sets could also be a matter of personal preference.

But if you're trying to say specs, hardware and performance are a matter of personal taste, then you'd be wrong.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
People are only looking at Design and nothing else thats why....the GS4 is not ugly....sure the HTC One looks better, but overall the GS4 is the best

based on what? There's not really any noticeable difference between any of the flagship smartphones this year in hardware. So basically it comes down to which you think looks better, and which UI skin you like more.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Now if you're trying to say that the software and hardware components are roughly equal and it basically comes down to the appearance of the phones, then yes. Appearance could be a matter of personal taste. Feature sets could also be a matter of personal preference.

But if you're trying to say specs, hardware and performance are a matter of personal taste, then you'd be wrong.

You're not gonna notice in everyday use. So it's subjective which is better.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that most of the haters like to post, so let me be different and say that I like the S4. Form factor, plastic and all. It will obviously sell millions to happy customers so the hates will be in the minority, or apple fanboys.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
No, HTC is trying to be the Apple of the Android world. Every flaw the Apple phones have, HTC copies. Locked battery. No SD card slot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
SD cards and removable batteries are dead for any other manufacturer even google,the one that made android, does not support SD cards, there are "flaws" with any phone.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Who buys a smartphone just for the display and the case build materials? Only those that are fans of those brands and value style over performance. The improvements to the internal hardware, user interface, the camera and JB 4.2.2 gives the GS4 the edge in the user experience which is really what counts. It is really impressive how a 5 inch HD display was fit in the same space as its predecessor. Complaints of the GS3 were non HD display and the battery life wasn't great; both aspects were improved. Some will never see the big picture and some will never be happy.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
YOU DON'T NEED FREAKING 8 CORES FOR PERFORMANCE. God damn when is this myth about the more corespondent better gonna die? You are just looking at specs and not real world performance.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Imho....when you get on top, like Apple did, naturally the cultish hatred will ensue. Maybe the force of hate will get so strong that HTC will naturally take number one. Then the minions can gather their clans and the force of hate can shift to HTC.

Joking aside, the expectations for samsung are far greater than HTC. That is what happens when everyone expects Samsung to keep blowing the doors off the competition.

The iphone 5 was a joke of an update. Ar least Samsung made more progress in that dept.

I hate you with a passion you dirty rotten samsung, ewww. I need a shower.

No the iPhone 5 was a rather large update if only for the LTE and A6 processor almond with the RAM upgrade and better low light photos.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Those "flaws" you mentioned are purely subjective.

I guess the Nexus 4 is "flawed" and copying Apple too then...

The Nexus 4 is cheap. It was designed to be a cheap, no frills phone. If the Nexus 4 didn't have pure vanilla Android with direct updates from Google, no power user would give the Nexus 4 a second look.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Because not everyone cares about SD card slots.

Well, you really didn't reply to my question. If two versions were offered I think most honest people would say that the SD card version would be the best seller. Therefore it isn't subjective at all. But let's use a real world example. Why does the S3 sell so well compared to the HTC's paltry numbers? One has a removable battery and SD card the other does not. And anyone with any sense knows no matter how big an advertising budget is a poor product will not sell in the millions. So please don't use that canard.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Not really. Have you ever seen Apple put in so many features at once? And I mean ones that are noticeable or even talked about. At most they put in one feature that is 2 years behind and only so people will but their next model. Or something they took from someone else and improved on but then claim they invented it.

The iPhone 4, had a "retina" display WHEN NO ONE HAD ONE. They know how to throw in features, this year (or next)expect a revamp of the iPhone because the control freak that was the head of iOS(scot forstall) has been fired and Jonathan ive the best designer in the world has taken over the iOS UI team.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is cheap. It was designed to be a cheap, no frills phone. If the Nexus 4 didn't have pure vanilla Android with direct updates from Google, no power user would give the Nexus 4 a second look.

What are you talking about? "Power users"? So tell more why you need an 8 core chip inside a phone? Why do you class yourself a power user? I'm sure you are not editing high res movies on your phone right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar