Why so much hate?

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't hate Samsung, but the s4 seems like a lame update. I dunno what it is. I mean spec wise it's up there with the other flagships, but overall it just didn't seem like it was a big enough change. The biggest changes actually seemed like more Samsung bloat added to touchwiz. Thats the reason for the backlash. Kinda like the iphone 5, it's evolutionary, not revolutionary.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well what REVOLUTIONARY changes were you expecting?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It just seems like the same damn phone. I figured they'd at least give it a refreshing new design. And still has an amoled screen. And wow its basically the same chipset as last year's phone's with 2 more cores. Oh wait it's faster, because it's a "600" model. Translation they over clocked the same chipset thats in my Nexus.

Overall I can't see why someone wouldn't save the cash and get an S3 instead

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
No, HTC is trying to be the Apple of the Android world. Every flaw the Apple phones have, HTC copies. Locked battery. No SD card slot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

That's my biggest gripe with the phone. I change my s3's battery at least twice a day.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What are you talking about? "Power users"? So tell more why you need an 8 core chip inside a phone? Why do you class yourself a power user? I'm sure you are not editing high res movies on your phone right?

I never said I supported, or even needed, 8-core processors. The 'power user' I refer to is aka 'a road warrior' -- maybe a traveling sales person or other mobile professional. Someone who actually uses the hell out of the phone's features to get things done and is not always conveniently located next to a power source. These kinds of people kill batteries & can't schedule their day around access to power outlets. They are dead in the water if they can't swap out the phone's battery (at least Samsung understands this). These folks are likely also in need of hot-swappable storage (Samsungs understands this, too.)

Hopefully that answers your question.

Personally, I shoot a lot of photos, record meetings & conferences, and shoot video for work. I would not be able to do all these things if I was restricted to internal memory - especially not a mere 16GB.

If storage and battery life are not important to most of you guys, just remember that you do not represent every one of us. I see a lot of people complacently accepting limited capabilities in newer phones with little thought about how much they are actually losing out on.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been saying it since an iPhone 5 came into my house and I fooled around with it for the first time .... every Apple device will have a better Google experience than most Android phones if this fragmentation bull persists.

Google doesn't give a damn about platforms, like we do. Google voice search & response ... Google gave it to Apple. Turn-by-turn navigation ... Google gave it to Apple. He'll, I'll bet Google Now will be on iPhone this year, while most Android phones won't.

(and no ... don't tell me to buy a Nexus phone. Verizon has one, and they still figured out a way to interfere with that experience.)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OK I won't tell you to buy a Nexus but despite my signature, there's still a part of me tempted to just spend $400 on the N4 simply because I've been watching the DC-HSPA+ speeds in my area and the N4 seems to be averaging anywhere from 20-40 MBps which is damn near what my LTE speeds are, minus the carrier/OEM ware. I could turn around in sell it on kijiji if the N5 impresses me. I don't think the N5 will launch until around Nov this year even if it is announced at Google I/O in May and I won't wait that long. If the N5 ends up being LTE it'll still get stuck being subject to carrier OTA unless they put the new qualcomm world LTE chip in it. Just seems a better buy then either the One or the S4 at this point.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I need LTE more than I need faster OS updates so my solution is simple: Buy an LTE Phone and a Nexus tablet and get the best of both worlds

I agree with your signature. In fact, that's what I have. An LTE phone & a tablet. I had to root the phone in order to use LTE service on the tablet, but I've basically done what you're proposing.

OK I won't tell you to buy a Nexus but despite my signature, there's still a part of me tempted to just spend $400 on the N4 simply because I've been watching the DC-HSPA+ speeds in my area and the N4 seems to be averaging anywhere from 20-40 MBps which is damn near what my LTE speeds are, minus the carrier/OEM ware. I could turn around in sell it on kijiji if the N5 impresses me. I don't think the N5 will launch until around Nov this year even if it is announced at Google I/O in May and I won't wait that long. If the N5 ends up being LTE it'll still get stuck being subject to carrier OTA unless they put the new qualcomm world LTE chip in it. Just seems a better buy then either the One or the S4 at this point.

Honestly, if T-Mo ever builds a better network in my area, I will consider their new plans & devices. It won't be a 16GB phone with locked battery, though.

One serious natural disaster that kills power to the county for 3 days ... every one of these guys saying a locked battery doesn't matter ... they'll have a different opinion about what OEM's are doing with locked batteries. Guarantee it.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How is the lack of an SD card subjective? If the HTC One came in two models, one with an SD slot and one without which one do you think would be the best seller?

The lack of SD card is not subjective but calling it a flaw is. Not everyone care's about SD cards as long as they can buy the model that has the storage THEY NEED. For instance, I have a 32GB GS3 and only a 2GB SD that I would for keepings my zips for flashing ROMs. I can do it on the ROM if I wanted to. But I don't need an SD slot for storage because I have plenty space for me and there are a lot of people that feel the same way.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
[/FONT][/COLOR]
I agree with your signature. In fact, that's what I have. An LTE phone & a tablet. I had to root the phone in order to use LTE service on the tablet, but I've basically done what you're proposing.

Honestly, if T-Mo ever builds a better network in my area, I will consider their new plans & devices. It won't be a 16GB phone with locked battery, though.

One serious natural disaster that kills power to the county for 3 days ... every one of these guys saying a locked battery doesn't matter ... they'll have a different opinion about what OEM's are doing with locked batteries. Guarantee it.

Agree 100%. My power went out 7 days due to ice in December. I just happen to have an extra battery and charger for hunting. I've been saying it for a while. If you want to compete/surpass iPhone, why take the negative attributes (non removeable battery and storage) away from it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you guys haven't noticed, the Galaxy S2 looked exactly like the original Galaxy S so why are people so upset over the S4 looking like the S3?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Partially true. The original S came in several variants that had different form factors. Nevertheless, I agree with your underlying point.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
OK I have to giggle when we're using disasters to argue phone features. Sounds like you have bigger problems than what phone you buy...

Might I suggest a generator? Lol

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
OK I have to giggle when we're using disasters to argue phone features. Sounds like you have bigger problems than what phone you buy...

If I were less secure, I guess I would take offense to your comment. Apparently, you live in a perfect world, though. Congrats. :)

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
The hate for Samsung is so strong people would trade their precious SD cards and removable batteries for the One. Funny I was led to believe that those things plus locked bootloaders were supposed to be the reason HTC was failing. Seriously anything Samsung would've done would be called gimmicky or ripping off of the Note series.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Honestly, do people really run out of storage that quickly? 16GB I could kinda understand but personally speaking I've never ran out of storage.
Back in my OG Evo days I had an 8GB card and never ran out. I have a 32gb iPhone 5 (had 32gb 4s prior) and I've never ran out.

But maybe it's just me, lol. But 32gb is more than enough for me. I could care less about a removable battery seeing as how I never removed them anyway.

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
See? this guy had to mention Apple, he couldn't resist.

How the hell was the iPhone 5 the same as the 4/4S I freaking want legit answers not bull.

Coming from someone who had the 4s and now has a 5, it really wasn't that big of a difference.
Longer screen and slightly faster. That's the only difference I notice.
The camera is supposed to be better but I honestly couldn't tell a difference in quality between the 4s and 5.
Other than that it's pretty much the same. For me, at least.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, do people really run out of storage that quickly? 16GB I could kinda understand but personally speaking I've never ran out of storage.
Back in my OG Evo days I had an 8GB card and never ran out. I have a 32gb iPhone 5 (had 32gb 4s prior) and I've never ran out.

But maybe it's just me, lol. But 32gb is more than enough for me. I could care less about a removable battery seeing as how I never removed them anyway.

Trust me it makes a big difference if you take pictures, music, and apps...why should you all your apps and media be in one storage, when you can have a MicroSD Card which can be backed up, transfered easily from one device to another, and dont have to sacrifice space for apps

32GB I can understand is enough space, but 16GB is too small...I have like 12GB of music on my phone, but its on my SD Card

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

LOL but its true though...schangeable battery is amazing...imagine driving somewhere with no charger and ur phone dies....its dead until u find a plug, but with an exchangeable battery, you can just swap....boom bam

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Trust me it makes a big difference if you take pictures, music, and apps...why should you all your apps and media be in one storage, when you can have a MicroSD Card which can be backed up, transfered easily from one device to another, and dont have to sacrifice space for apps

32GB I can understand is enough space, but 16GB is too small...I have like 12GB of music on my phone, but its on my SD Card

Well I mean, that's what cloud storage is for. I don't personally use it but if I ever ran out if space it's nice to know its there.

But lets face it, the Galaxy phones won't have SD card slots and removable batteries for too much longer.
Especially if they wanna continue to make them as thin as possible.
Well they can maybe keep the SD card slot but I don't see a removable battery being a feature on too many of their future phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca