Why so much hate?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it runs great on my nexus 4... My 7 however feels more like a nook color after the update, it killed ui speed. Project butter completely went to hell, and that's my biggest gripe. 4.2.2 helped but still I gotta reboot this thing once a day to keep it running solid. Also both nexus devices seem to have issues with firing the lockscreen up from time to time. I'll hit the power button and 5 to 10 seconds later the lockscreen fires up.

There are plenty of other issues and annoyances with 4.2, many don't affect me, but the project butter problem, I noticed that right away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Really? 4.2.2 works perfectly for me on my Nexus 10.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It's very simple. HTC and Sony's new offerings are gorgeous phones. Both Samsung diehards as well as some fence sitters hoping for more equal range of choices this year were really hoping that Samsung would abandon their current design for something to outplay the others and they didn't, and now there's backlash. In short, they basically "pulled an Apple" without having the iPhone's less fickle fanbase.

Meh, most people throw the phones in a case anyways... So I am not sure why everyone care about the looks... I have not seen my Focus S in a year... always in the case...

But oh well, I think the fanboyism is entertaining, and pathetic though. Oh no, the form factor of the phone is similar... "You want the GS4, why, its just stupid gimmicky stuff and the same looks, you are stupid..."

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Nexus phones will be enjoying innovations brought by android 5.0 for months before OEM forks see them, and will likely also see future updates beyond that whereas Samsung will be far likelier to halt updates at a point sooner than that in order to get people onto their next phone.

And OEM forks will continue to develop features that the source will eventually adopt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Poor and outdated design, plastic, wtf pen tile, touch wiz still blows, exynos chip hard to develop for. Should I keep going?

You realize it will have a snapdragon chipset right?

Everyone? The display is the device for all intents and purposes. People like the feel of quality materials not cheap plasticky devices with flimsy poorly fitting buttons. Makes sense.
Would you want a car that is cheap and plasticky or one that is well made?
Agree that fitting the 5 inch display into the existing chassis is nice.

Hmmm... Ill take the plastic one.. ;-)

compare_zpsa759cebb.png

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this thread has gone to hell. I think in hindsight what turned me off was the terrible presentation, I mean actors really? But now that I read about it more it's definitely better than the s3 and more has changed than it might appear.

Both the one and s4 are impressive but I won't be buying either, as I'm completely content with my Nexus 4. Actually okay come October when I'm upgrade eligible, I might. Definitely wouldn't mind a nice backup phone vs the htc vivid I have now!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everyone? The display is the device for all intents and purposes. People like the feel of quality materials not cheap plasticky devices with flimsy poorly fitting buttons. Makes sense.

Unlike a car, you can put a case on the phone if u don't like the way it feels

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

If only my Infuse or Note 2 was cheap, flimsy, and with poor fitting buttons. If you want to feel some actual cheap plastic go check out some of those dollar store cases people love putting their phones in.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this thread has gone to hell. I think in hindsight what turned me off was the terrible presentation, I mean actors really? But now that I read about it more it's definitely better than the s3 and more has changed than it might appear.

Both the one and s4 are impressive but I won't be buying either, as I'm completely content with my Nexus 4. Actually okay come October when I'm upgrade eligible, I might. Definitely wouldn't mind a nice backup phone vs the htc vivid I have now!

By October we should not only be holding X Phones, but also have 90% of the details on the Nexus 5.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't plan on leaving at&t so I got no problem upgrading for the hell of it.

My upgrade is a logical one, I hate the Lumia 920, but love WP8 even though Microsoft hinders devices with it. The Ativ S didnt come out in the US, and I have an upgrade... Might as well get the S4!

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about trying out the lumina 920 but i think id hate wp8. It would be a massive downgrade from my note 2. I just like to try new stuff out from time to time.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I believe everyone feels Samsung was lazy. They pulled an Apple by not doing what people expect from Android manufacturers, and make something new and cutting edge not just for software but hardware as well. Also a lot of tech journalist and Android fans alike are mad that Samsung pretty much dissed Google by not even mentioning them. Finally a lot of the features seem gimmicky.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe everyone feels Samsung was lazy. They pulled an Apple by not doing what people expect from Android manufacturers, and make something new and cutting edge not just for software but hardware as well. Also a lot of tech journalist and Android fans alike are mad that Samsung pretty much dissed Google by not even mentioning them. Finally a lot of the features seem gimmicky.

I find it humorous, ignorant and hypocritical when people keep throwing the word "innovation" around when talking about what they want mobile companies to do with future smartphones, but it's mostly only when Samsung tries new things (and they do more than any other company, except for maybe HTC) that people always refer to them as gimmicks without even trying them out.