Why so much hate?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Benchmarks are easily tampered with, they're no more credible in comparing phones than drop tests (which have no credibility at all.)

Yeah thats true, but I try and get my info from multiple sources....and if all these sources have tampered with their benchmark scores....May God help us all

361fa5d8c5d04fd6.jpg

galaxy-s4-benchmark.jpg

"Both versions of the Galaxy S4 should be faster than the One. But as high-end smartphone engines have outpaced the performance requirements of most apps, right now the difference may not show anywhere but in benchmarks."
- GizMag
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One

samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-vs-iphone-5.jpg

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thats true, but I try and get my info from multiple sources....and if all these sources have tampered with their benchmark scores....May God help us all

http://image20.it168.com/201303_500x375/1371/361fa5d8c5d04fd6.jpg

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/galaxy-s4-benchmark.jpg

"Both versions of the Galaxy S4 should be faster than the One. But as high-end smartphone engines have outpaced the performance requirements of most apps, right now the difference may not show anywhere but in benchmarks."
- GizMag

http://cdn.techpp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-vs-iphone-5.jpg

I'd be surprised if they ALL tampered with the results. I'd like to think there are at least a few trusted sources left.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Do some research on benchmarks and you'll see how they can be fixed to show the results certain people want them to show.

Oh I know they can full well, I was more laughing at the fact that you were using that as your sole excuse for discrediting the particular benchmark.

There have been numerous benchmarks done already, all in favor of the S4, so your point was made to suede the outlook in your favor, or against the S4 it seemed.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh I know they can full well, I was more laughing at the fact that you were using that as your sole excuse for discrediting the particular benchmark.

There have been numerous benchmarks done already, all in favor of the S4, so your point was made to suede the outlook in your favor, or against the S4 it seemed.
None of the above, merely pointing out a fact. You clearly know nothing about me. lol

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Cause it's a Samsung product and he just universally hates everything Samsung. Honestly though whether or not the S4 beats the One will vary from person to person, that's it.

No, honestly the S4 is good I do want it, but tho reason Irefuse to believe it is that's its the same hard ware so it shouldn't be faster.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
None of the above, merely pointing out a fact. You clearly know nothing about me. lol

I would never claim to. I have never seen you before. I am not looking to start a fight, just found your remark humorous.

Same processor but different GHz...Im sure it will make a small difference

Strictly speaking, the hardware alone would denote an increase in performance, especially at the current clocks most phones run at, that 200mhz is a decent step up.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

http://image20.it168.com/201303_500x375/1371/361fa5d8c5d04fd6.jpg

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/galaxy-s4-benchmark.jpg

- GizMag

http://cdn.techpp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-vs-iphone-5.jpg

You place a LOT of reliance in benchmarks. I'm sorry to tell you that benchmarks are notorious for having little to zero impact on how fast your phone actually works in real daily use. I also hope you realize that you're not even going to be able to actually see the difference between those above phones with the naked eye. Are you aware that the newest low-mid level Nokia WP8 phones actually work just as quickly in real world use as the highest scoring phone on your charts above, with 512 RAM and dual core CPU's?

WP8 does not support Geekbench 2, but if it did the S4 would 'crush it' according to you. The funny part is that it doesn't even work any faster than a dual core 512 RAM Nokia in real world use. So much for benchmarks. None of my statements above even mention tampering. Because they don't even need to. If I ever happen to need a smartphone mostly just for running Geekbench 2 though I'll find your charts useful :D

What I don't understand is that you seem to already agree with me because you even quoted something to that effect in your own post:

- GizMag

So if so, what's your purpose in quoting the benchmarks in the first place?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've never really understood the point of these types of threads. Who cares what somebody else prefers! I have friends with iphones and they love them. I have friends with HTC phones and they love them. I love my S3. The only time it really mattered was when I met "her". I liked hers and she liked mine so we decided to get married and now we share them with each other, and you can take that anyway you like!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You place a LOT of reliance in benchmarks. I'm sorry to tell you that benchmarks are notorious for having little to zero impact on how fast your phone actually works in real daily use. I also hope you realize that you're not even going to be able to actually see the difference between those above phones with the naked eye. Are you aware that the newest low-mid level Nokia WP8 phones actually work just as quickly in real world use as the highest scoring phone on your charts above, with 512 RAM and dual core CPU's?

WP8 does not support Geekbench 2, but if it did the S4 would 'crush it' according to you. The funny part is that it doesn't even work any faster than a dual core 512 RAM Nokia in real world use. So much for benchmarks. None of my statements above even mention tampering. Because they don't even need to. If I ever happen to need a smartphone mostly just for running Geekbench 2 though I'll find your charts useful :D

What I don't understand is that you seem to already agree with me because you even quoted something to that effect in your own post:

- GizMag

So if so, what's your purpose in quoting the benchmarks in the first place?

I'm no't really trying to prove anyone wrong
All I'm saying is that according to what I have read and seen and these benchmarks, the Galaxy S4 is faster than the HTC One...Im not saying it crushes the competition but it's faster, and thats what I am seeing it to be, and thats the purpose of me putting those benchmarks there

All phones can lag, even the S4 and the HTC One, but overall, it seems like the S4 is the fastest phone right now

as for the quote, it says that "Both versions of the S4 should be faster than the One"....thats the part you should focus on

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm no't really trying to prove anyone wrong
All I'm saying is that according to what I have read and seen and these benchmarks, the Galaxy S4 is faster than the HTC One...Im not saying it crushes the competition but it's faster, and thats what I am seeing it to be, and thats the purpose of me putting those benchmarks there

All phones can lag, even the S4 and the HTC One, but overall, it seems like the S4 is the fastest phone right now

as for the quote, it says that "Both versions of the S4 should be faster than the One"....thats the part you should focus on

Right, but the part you're not getting is that it's faster : on BENCHMARKS. That's not the same thing as saying it's faster in actual daily use, which you won't be able to tell with the naked eye.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Right, but the part you're not getting is that it's faster : on BENCHMARKS. That's not the same thing as saying it's faster in actual daily use, which you won't be able to tell with the naked eye.

Well anything can affect the speed of a phone from daily use such as how many apps/widgets you may have on your phone, memory, etc.
BUT
When comparing phones using the same benchmarking system and most likely the same environment without any alterations, and you get the S4 being faster, then surely it is a faster phone, excluding daily use interruption such as mentioned above

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well anything can affect the speed of a phone from daily use such as how many apps/widgets you may have on your phone, memory, etc.
BUT
When comparing phones using the same benchmarking system and most likely the same environment without any alterations, and you get the S4 being faster, then surely it is a faster phone, excluding daily use interruption such as mentioned above

But you will never be able to tell, so none of that matters. How many people do you know that use their phone exactly the same as you like in a lab test environment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie