So I've had my first Android phone for almost 2 years and just about up for an upgrade (July 1) I have a Nexus S 4G. So coming from this, do you think going to a Galaxy S4 would be an amazing choice? I know I hear a lot about GS3 owners feeling like they shouldn't upgrade because it's not much of a change to the GS4, but as for me having just owned a Nexus S 4G lol...

I do want to see what the Moto X will have inside the phone, but thought I would ask about this.
    03-15-2013 12:03 AM
    Well as a former NS4G owner myself and my wife has the S3 currently you will see a big difference.

The Nexus is afterall pure Google, no bloat no UI overlay, just straight OS.

The S3 has a heavy UI overlay but seems to hand things well and navigating around isn't hard once you get to know the layout. Until we get a real hands on review for more than a few minutes at the release party I wouldn't be quick to jump.

One thing is for sure, good or bad review it is a power house compared to what your used to with the NS4G and things like camera, video, display and signal are a huge step up from the NS4G.
    03-15-2013 12:10 AM
    Well as a former NS4G owner myself and my wife has the S3 currently you will see a big difference.

The Nexus is afterall pure Google, no bloat no UI overlay, just straight OS.

The S3 has a heavy UI overlay but seems to hand things well and navigating around isn't hard once you get to know the layout. Until we get a real hands on review for more than a few minutes at the release party I wouldn't be quick to jump.

One thing is for sure, good or bad review it is a power house compared to what your used to with the NS4G and things like camera, video, display and signal are a huge step up from the NS4G.
    Yeah, the signal is garbage on the NS4G and the battery hardly lasts half a day. I just want something powerful and fast and just an overall good Android phone.
    03-15-2013 12:43 AM
    Well any of the top flagship phones will fill those needs compared to your NS4G. I don't like to knock my old NS4G, for its time it did very well and was fully supported by Google as a Nexus device.

If your not in a hurry I would hold out and see what the HTC One is like when it hits your neck of the woods and if you wait a tad longer check out the S4 and decide for yourself which is a better device.
    03-15-2013 12:46 AM
    Well any of the top flagship phones will fill those needs compared to your NS4G. I don't like to knock my old NS4G, for its time it did very well and was fully supported by Google as a Nexus device.

If your not in a hurry I would hold out and see what the HTC One is like when it hits your neck of the woods and if you wait a tad longer check out the S4 and decide for yourself which is a better device.
    My upgrade date is July 1 so I have some time to see what exactly I should get lol.
    03-15-2013 12:50 AM