Let's Talk about the Galaxy S4. exciting? buy it or pass it

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how people say that it looks like a bigger S3. Yeah, the screen is bigger, but the phone is smaller and it is more lightweight than the S3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it bad that the main feature I would like is to use my phone as my TV remote? :p

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It takes everything that was good about the s3 and makes it better( screen, battery, processor, camera) while keeping the same size of the s3 and even making this thinner.

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably more than likely be getting it, unless something incredible is announced before my upgrade in May. I was considering a Note 2 because of the awesome battery life I read about, but I'm not sure I want a phone that's quite that big lol.

The 1080P screen is a big allure to me as well, I'm sure I won't be bothered with the Pentile, it doesn't bother me on my Galaxy Nexus.

I think it'll be a worthwhile upgrade for me, considering the original phone on my line was a Droid Bionic, and then I bought a Galaxy Nexus on Swappa. This phone has more than enough hardware and software improvements to keep me happy for some time. :)

MallyMall88

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna have to pass. I will keep the S3 for now and get a nexus device this year I think. I hate the hone button. Sadly it's a deal breaker for me.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

Smh I definitely agree with you on that one. ..I was hoping they'd go with touch screen buttons line the nexus

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Pass, but no hate on Samsung like many folk here. I loved my Galaxy S2 and the Vibrant. It's just at this point, I'd rather try something different. I've seen what they have to offer and like their features, but if I had a choice I'd go with the One. Removable Battery and SD card don't matter to me. Build quality, aesthetics, that matters to me. Overall I'm still sticking with my Nexus 4 regardless, but the One does have me intrigued and if I didn't use my upgrade already id go with that. Overall I'm recommending the One to most ppl, but the "safe" option would be S4 since you already know what you're gonna get. I till this day regret pushing my bro to get the One S. A year later and still no Jelly Bean. I gotta see how HTC handles updates with the One before I can trust them long term. Samsung packs enough features to make you not miss updates as much, but same can't be said of HTC. They have a few key features and other stuff, but not the overwhelming amount Samsung as to keep users busy for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Pass, but no hate on Samsung like many folk here. I loved my Galaxy S2 and the Vibrant. It's just at this point, I'd rather try something different. I've seen what they have to offer and like their features, but if I had a choice I'd go with the One. Removable Battery and SD card don't matter to me. Build quality, aesthetics, that matters to me. Overall I'm still sticking with my Nexus 4 regardless, but the One does have me intrigued and if I didn't use my upgrade already id go with that. Overall I'm recommending the One to most ppl, but the "safe" option would be S4 since you already know what you're gonna get. I till this day regret pushing my bro to get the One S. A year later and still no Jelly Bean. I gotta see how HTC handles updates with the One before I can trust them long term. Samsung packs enough features to make you not miss updates as much, but same can't be said of HTC. They have a few key features and other stuff, but not the overwhelming amount Samsung as to keep users busy for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I wish more people would articulate their sentences and make legitimate, thoughtful posts without all the hate like you do. I've never read a better post in my life, I'm pretty sure lol. Thank you for that! Anyway, back on topic!

Aesthetics and build quality are very important to me, but not quite as important as what each OEM does to make the device their own. I am pretty sure that I will be getting an S4 in May, but I'll wait to see if anything new is announced before then.

mobile79

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Pass. My S3 is fine at the moment, plus I think I would rather upgrade to the Note 2. What's with the dots on the S4? I don't really want a phone that "sparkles" in the light. Not into the bling factor.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Pass. No quality build, no buy. I personally couldn't care less about removable battery or SD card, I've never needed them. I also hate TouchWiz. Really, I see HTC being more daring with the One, which is totally different from its predecessors, and Samsung's offering which looks like a bigger S3. Good luck to those many who pull the trigger, but it's not for me.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
what drew me to galaxy was the bigger screen. I like sense over tw, but I like the bigger screen. If the One would have came with a 5 inch screen, I would have gone with it.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It takes everything that was good about the s3 and makes it better( screen, battery, processor, camera) while keeping the same size of the s3 and even making this thinner.
Thanks for posting this, I haven't had much of a chance to read about the S4 and knew the screen size was 5" but didn't realize the phone itself was the same size as the S3. Since my upgrade isn't until 11-14 there will probably be an S5 by then. I had the S1 and now the S3 and really like/liked both of them so I'd definitely consider the S4 if I were in the market. The larger battery and more sophisticated CPU have got to equal more battery life, at least I hope they do. A larger screen on the same size phone has got to be a big advantage especially going from 3.8" to 5". The Note 2 is for me just too large for a phone.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
True story, friend of mine stops over and I think we were talking about texting when he pulled out his flip phone. I mentioned what a PITA it is to text on an alphanumeric keyboard and he should upgrade. He tells me the flip phone was an upgrade (with a straight face). I asked him if he upgraded from the phone with the hamster running around a wheel for power........

justadamsopinion

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
As of right now I will probably buy the S4 but it depends on the Motorola X phone. That will probably be announced before the Galaxy S4 is released or I get to Verizon to buy one but as of right now it is S4 for me.

With that said I think most of the new features in the S4 were built for their broadway show and not for everyday use. Maybe it's just me but I don't care about air view or the feature where you place yourself in the photo. I mean if I want to be in the photo I will just do what has been done for years and have someone else take the photo.

Not sure that the 13 megapixel camera will take as good of photos as the 13 indicates because it's not all about megapixels. However i'm sure the camera quality will blow my HTC Thunderbolt out of the water so i'll be fine with it.

I am worried about the battery life. A little more screen real estate along with improved viewing quality but this will drain the battery more. Plus how efficient is the software? I believe the iPhone5 is having battery issues due to the software. (I might be wrong on this though) So it is always unknown just how good a battery will be until you actually use the phone.

One thing I don't care for is TouchWiz and all of the Samsung apps. I can certainly live with them because the Galaxy line of phones are awesome.

I do like the fact that they seem to have a workaround to getting NFC payments available and don't have to deal with Verizon and other carries. I hope this is the case.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the "phone whore" in me will be trying to figure out a way to get the S4 when it comes available with Sprint! I love my S3, even more than I loved the S2 but the S4 has some new things I'd like to try out! ;)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not looking to move from my Note 2 and if I still had my S3 I would really have to think about what features I would really use from the the S4. I do think it's a much bigger upgrade from the S3 to the S4 than the iPhone 4 to 4S. I don't understand that comparison at all. There is some level of redesign and a bigger and better screen. Then they updated every feature of the S3. I think it will be a great phone. We are really seeing samsung begin to break away from Android. It's only a matter of time imo. That is something to consider for the future. Will you follow samsung or stick with android?

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38