06-21-2013 08:56 PM
341 ... 11121314
tools
    The picture came DIRECTLY from the article. Sorry, I can't help you use your mouse.

Obviously it's not. Obviously you can apply what I said regarding all of their ad outlets.

So have I, and whenever I see a samsung refrigerator ad the first thing that comes to mind is "This ad is showing my why I should buy a samsung refrigerator, and not an Apple IFridge"
    Oddly you make an issue about that, but you are still ignoring the one where I posted the numbers out of the article you linked.
    06-21-2013 12:41 PM
    i have S4 and one, don't know why but S4 has lags so i prefer Htc one, i had for 2 months now, and the S4 has lags from the 1 day, and HTC one no any lags, and pictures i prefer htc one, the S4 looks unreal. so don't like it, just have the S4 because it was free.
    06-21-2013 12:46 PM
    Oddly you make an issue about that, but you are still ignoring the one where I posted the numbers out of the article you linked.
    Gee, I don't know, maybe that's because what you posted had NOTHING to do with their falling sales (which has been verified). Need me to go a little slower for you Farish? If you want to take this thread in another direction with your slight of hand posts so that others don't see the facts then fine, but at least be honest enough with yourself to admit the fact that S4 sales are NOW going in the dumper. Again, not what they were when the phone was first introduced, but NOW, you know.... as in TODAY. This will all be easily shown in future quarterly sales reports. Hopefully you're not still in denial when that happens. Enjoy.
    06-21-2013 01:33 PM
    Gee, I don't know, maybe that's because what you posted had NOTHING to do with their falling sales (which has been verified). Need me to go a little slower for you Farish? If you want to take this thread in another direction with your slight of hand posts so that others don't see the facts then fine, but at least be honest enough with yourself to admit the fact that S4 sales are NOW going in the dumper. Again, not what they were when the phone was first introduced, but NOW, you know.... as in TODAY. This will all be easily shown in future quarterly sales reports. Hopefully you're not still in denial when that happens. Enjoy.
    Can you link a single quarterly sales report that actually exists for this quarter?
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    06-21-2013 01:55 PM
    Can you link a single quarterly sales report that actually exists for this quarter?
    Apparently you don't understand how quarterly reports work. Oh sure, you'll "say" you do, yadda, yadda, yadda, but your question shows that you don't have a clue.

There are many ways that you can verify a products fading sales figures, but it's no ones job here to teach them to you. We can revisit this topic when the next report is issued. It'll be great to watch you do your little denial dance.
    06-21-2013 02:13 PM
    Apparently you don't understand how quarterly reports work. Oh sure, you'll "say" you do, yadda, yadda, yadda, but your question shows that you don't have a clue.

There are many ways that you can verify a products fading sales figures, but it's no ones job here to teach them to you. We can revisit this topic when the next report is issued. It'll be great to watch you do your little denial dance.
    I take that as a no then.
    06-21-2013 02:16 PM
    Jesus guys, what did we do, just bring the other thread here?

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    06-21-2013 02:25 PM

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    I blame me again and again.....
    06-21-2013 02:32 PM
    Hi Jennifer. What, exactly is wrong with people maturely debating a topic? Neither Farish nor I are using bad language or yelling, etc. He firmly believes that sales are good, and I firmly believe that they are falling. What, exactly, is wrong with that? Passionate as we both might be about what each of us believes, I don't see where either one of us has done anything wrong here. I would have asked you this by using a private message (PM) but to be honest I haven't found one here to use
    06-21-2013 02:51 PM
    Hi Jennifer. What, exactly is wrong with people maturely debating a topic? Neither Farish nor I are using bad language or yelling, etc. He firmly believes that sales are good, and I firmly believe that they are falling. What, exactly, is wrong with that? Passionate as we both might be about what each of us believes, I don't see where either one of us has done anything wrong here. I would have asked you this by using a private message (PM) but to be honest I haven't found one here to use
    I didn't say any of you were breaking the rules. That wasn't a warning post, just an observation

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    06-21-2013 02:52 PM
    OK, Thank you.

Happy first day of summer
    06-21-2013 02:56 PM
    Speaking of the devil....

"Summary: Reports suggest that Samsung may be retiring smartphone models with low sales figures early"

"
    A recent JP Morgan report demonstrated fears over the Galaxy S4's sluggish sales."

Guess there is only but so many s3/s4 fanboys who can afford it....
    Still looking for FACTS not theories and rumors. Fears of slow sales do not necessarily equal slow sales. See what I did t here?
    06-21-2013 03:28 PM
    Depends on the Galaxy S4 model. Exynos chipsets are not compatible with US carriers' LTE bands so US Galaxy S4's get a weaker dual core snapdragon while the international version gets the famed octa-core Exynos.

Besides that, there is NO such thing as 'the best phone'. It depends on user experience. Some people like Sense over TouchWiz, some might go for the HTC One purely for looks. There are even people who will buy the Galaxy S4 simply because of brand loyalty. Why do you think Apple sells craptons of iPhones?

(I forgot to mention that Samsung has an aggressive advertising campaign while HTC doesn't seem to be willing to exert effort: they may just be relying on carriers to do that for them.)
    06-21-2013 03:29 PM
    See what I did t here?
    You mean make a useless post?

No need to worry, just as soon as the next report is issued I'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to provide you with your "facts". LOL. Maybe you can dance with
    Farish, I hear they need a good dance partner
    06-21-2013 03:52 PM

No need to worry, just as soon as the next report is issued I'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to provide you with your "facts". LOL. Maybe you can dance with
    I sure wish we would continue debating maturely...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila, madlaw1071, Farish and 3 others like this.
    06-21-2013 04:10 PM
    I love all these self glorifying internet detectives who argue here as if what device sells more really affects them. Enjoy your devices. I understand this is a forum and is designed for discussion but honestly some people take it too far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-21-2013 04:27 PM
    I love all these self glorifying internet detectives who argue here as if what device sells more really affects them. Enjoy your devices. I understand this is a forum and is designed for discussion but honestly some people take it too far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Do you mean like this?

or like this?

Ry, Aquila and msavic6 like this.
    06-21-2013 04:39 PM

I don't see why you're laughing at the fact that madlaw is choosing to regard speculative, preventative, or precautionary reports, rumors, or theories no matter the source or amount of corroborating evidence as non-fact. I certainly take them into account, but I also recognize that until a definitive statement is made by Samsung (or another company closely and directly involved with the S4), we don't have an accurate picture of how the S4 is performing as a product on a global (or otherwise market-representative) scale.
    Farish, Aquila and AngelArs like this.
    06-21-2013 05:34 PM
    Depends on the Galaxy S4 model. Exynos chipsets are not compatible with US carriers' LTE bands so US Galaxy S4's get a weaker dual core snapdragon while the international version gets the famed octa-core Exynos.

Besides that, there is NO such thing as 'the best phone'. It depends on user experience. Some people like Sense over TouchWiz, some might go for the HTC One purely for looks. There are even people who will buy the Galaxy S4 simply because of brand loyalty. Why do you think Apple sells craptons of iPhones?

(I forgot to mention that Samsung has an aggressive advertising campaign while HTC doesn't seem to be willing to exert effort: they may just be relying on carriers to do that for them.)
    The US Galaxy S4's do have a quad core processor. The 1.90GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600. You may be talking about the S3? Also my Note 2 has a LTE capable Exynos chipset although not an Octa.
    06-21-2013 05:57 PM
    The US Galaxy S4's do have a quad core processor. The 1.90GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600. You may be talking about the S3? Also my Note 2 has a LTE capable Exynos chipset.
    It's a different Exynos SoC though. I'm not sure, does the E5 Octa support LTE?

06-21-2013 06:24 PM
    I don't see why you're laughing at the fact that madlaw is choosing to regard speculative, preventative, or precautionary reports, rumors, or theories no matter the source or amount of corroborating evidence as non-fact.
    Hi Patrick. This is NOT based on speculative, preventative, or precautionary reports, rumors, or theories. Yes, they do not have a crystal ball, but there are real world ways to determine if sales of a product is falling. One is called supply and demand. If there is such a demand for the s4 then tell me, why is samsung cutting way back on its production? Let's start there. Are you suggesting that people are begging for this phone but samsung just doesn't want to produce it? Samsung does NOT operate in a vacuum. No company does. There are real world ways to determine demand for a product.

t until a definitive statement is made by Samsung (or another company closely and directly involved with the S4), we don't have an accurate picture of how the S4 is performing as a product on a global (or otherwise market-representative) scale.
    Let me ask you a serious question Patrick. What, exactly, do you think analyst like those at JP Morgan do? They are not wildly guessing. They take many things into account, things that the common person is not privy to. One of them is supply chain checks, but there are many others. Some people don't want to hear that the s4 is not selling well. I get that. But sooner or later they are going to have to face facts. BTW, none of them have explained why samsung would cut way back on production if there was such a "high demand" for the product. When the new quarterly report comes out then everyone here will know what samsung already knows.
    06-21-2013 06:29 PM
    It's a different Exynos SoC though. I'm not sure, does the E5 Octa support LTE?

The Octa does not, but the Exynos 4412 which is in the At&t Note 2 does support LTE. From the post I quoted It seemed they were referring to all Exynos processors not supporting LTE which is why the US versions often get Qualcomm processors. Just trying to maintain accuracy.

I can remember the flame wars over the snapdragon versus the exynos with the Galaxy S3. I saw something on the snapdragon 800 and it looks very strong. I guess we have moved on from trying to put down qualcomm processors.
    06-21-2013 06:32 PM
    The Octa does not but the Exynos 4412 which is in the At&t Note 2 does support LTE. From the post I quoted It seemed they were referring to all Exynos processors not supporting LTE which is why the US versions often get Qualcomm processors. Just trying to maintain accuracy.
    Yeah, it did seem that they were referring to all Exynos chipsets, but the point being made was about the S4, and that's accurate (ignoring the dual-core mistake).

06-21-2013 06:34 PM
    Hi Patrick. This is NOT based on speculative, preventative, or precautionary reports, rumors, or theories. Yes, they do not have a crystal ball, but there are real world ways to determine if sales of a product is falling.
    Well evidenced forecasting is still theory until real historical data is available. What you're describing is that there is a high probability, according to these sources, which you trust, that the S4 is not selling well. That could be correct, but data is open to interpretation and as more information becomes available the analysts may amend their forecasts, for better or worse.

Out of curiosity, what is with all of the random font size changes, etc?
    Farish likes this.
    06-21-2013 06:39 PM
    Well evidenced forecasting is still theory until real historical data is available.
    No it's not. Real historical data is one of the tools that they use. The JP Morgan report never says what the final sales figures will be. They are only stating that sales are falling. No theories there. You are correct that analysts may amend their forecasts, for better or worse. When and IF that ever happens then the report will be announced.

Out of curiosity, what is with all of the random font size changes, etc?
    I prefer Verdana as it is less blurry and simply looks better on my Samsung TV
    06-21-2013 06:55 PM
341 ... 11121314