This is why I think the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: This is why the Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC One

There are many opinions on each of these phones obviously. However, last time I checked. This was in FACT the Samsung S4 forum... right?..why are there so many HTC One people "trolling" here just to cause "static"? Just saying...
They're both good phones. Let's get over this allrerady.

btw, I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I approve this message. ;)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

1. Actually they both have 2gb if memory. The one has 32gb of internal storage, but that's it. You fill that up, no expansion. Meanwhile on the galaxy s 4 if you buy the 32gb model with a 64gb micro SD you're looking at 96gb if storage. No possible way to get that on the one
Yeah, but 96GB is probably more than most need and the 64GB One only costs $50 more than a 16GB G4 with a 64GB card and allows you to "pin" more songs to your device in Google Play Music than even a "96GB" G4. All other things being equal (which they aren't) I'd prefer the flexibility a 64G One gives me over the extra storage I could get from a 16GB or 32GB S4.

I think the storage options are a wash between the two. It really depends on how you plan on using the storage that determines which is actually better.

secretLOVER

May 21, 2013
Visit site

There are many opinions on each of these phones obviously. However, last time I checked. This was in FACT the Samsung S4 forum... right?..why are there so many HTC One people "trolling" here just to cause "static"? Just saying...

I found myself here because it was on the front page of the forum app and I wanted to see the points and arguments. IMHO it's pointless to argue about this. I love my one. I've tried countless Samsung and HTC products to know which one I prefer and no ones opinions will change that. There's not enough facts to change my opinion either.
The fact is we are all better than Apple :) and should be happy we have two awesome handsets to form an opinion on! I'm happy for anybody that is happy, I just think you should form an opinion by trying both manufacturers at some point. I won't go back to Samsung because of the GPS issues I've had with them in the past, as well as my current opinions i'll leave out. I don't know if that's been fixed yet but I don't want to give a company my business that has lacked on multiple devices owned in my household. That's just me! I am happy not giving them my business and am happy to give it to HTC. For now.

SAME TEAM!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

People with other phones are welcome to browse forums... I browse all the forums that interest me.

:D.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I have both phones and I find myself reaching for the HTC one more often then the s4

Opposite for me also, I have both and def am pulled to the s4 way more, not that I don't like the one but find the s4 to be a better fit for me at least especially for pics, and I'm not a Samsung or htc fan, I've been strictly apple till this point and hated samsung till now, so for me to gravitate to the s4 says sonething

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site

The main difference between the S4 and the One camera is basically the megapixels. If you're into taking pictures to digitally blow them up, then you'll want the camera with the higher megapixels. It's just a fact as you'll get to see more details and textures clearly. The S4 camera will definitely be better in that sense, especially in day-time shots. However, the One has a better sensor and allows more light in, resulting in photos with very rich and vivid colors. Low-light settings it performs really well. And for those photographers who only share their photos over the phone or on social media outlets, the megapixels doesn't really become a deal-breaker. The side by side comparisons for photos between these 2 phones have been very controversial and highly debated. This just means that there is not a "runaway" winner in this debate. This would also imply that when HTC releases higher mega-pixel cameras with their ultra-pixel technology in the near future, the picture quality of the HTC cameras will only get better. To me, it's a fairly even playing field at this point. As far as dynamic range, panoramic, action shot, portrait mode, etc. are all available on the HTC camera. Everyone who claims that the S4 is better because it has those features are simply ignorant to what the HTC camera is capable of.

For me, I have a pet dog and an 18-month old who refuses to "pose" for pictures. That's where my 3-second ZOE's are genius. I take a 3 second zoe which allows me to sift through each frame one by one to save shots that I want to make posing for a picture a thing of the past. I also find that using the ZOE's to edit 30+ seconds of movie trailer-esque video highlights is tremendously fun and a blast to share with friends and family. These are definitely features that I love that I could not have gotten on the GS4.

At the end of the day, I'm sorry but I cringe when I see people say one phone clearly "blows the other out of the water" in certain categories because it's simply not true. There hasn't been a more closer, tighter, and heavily-debated race than the GS4 vs HTC One. Again, I am of the opinion that most people who makes such extreme claims are simply trying to justify their own choices of committing to one or the other - which would seem to imply that the decision was much closer than they have let on to begin with

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Ngage is better than either of those punk devices. Taco calling is cool!

cruiser808

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

One of the reasons I chose the S4 over the One (besides the removable battery & storage) was that some of the sample photos and video I saw posted for the One had that dreaded "pink spot" problem that appears under certain lighting conditions, such as indoor shots illuminated by ambient sunlight. My Galaxy S2 had this problem, which really irritated me and ruined some of my photos, imho. My S4, so far, does not seem to have this problem, and I am very pleased with the photos I have taken with it.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

HTC One Pro Points over Galaxy S4
- Design
- Better front facing camera
- Better stock UI
You forgot that the HTC One has much better sound quality. The HTC One also has a better display (better meaning more accurate colors and shaper, crisper display) This is not an opinion but technical fact. All you need to do is put them side by side. The s4 has embarrassing poor whites. Plus my HTC One has SD card access. As a dev I feel that many of the things you listed for the s4 are just plain exaggerated, but if you're happy with it (or any other phone for that matter) then that's cool. You couldn't pry my HTC One Dev edition away from me though. Used to have a s4. Don't miss it.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Ok Angel reviving this thread just proves officially that he's a troll. Congratulations sir your objective is complete.

GS4 Love

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes different just means different, not inherently better or worse.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Maybe a better title would be: "This is why I like the Galaxy S4 better than the HTC One." Because it really comes down to subjective analysis. Do you dislike the button on the top of the HTC one, but you like the front speakers ? Or do you like the removable battery and the micro SD on the S4. It really comes down to why YOU like a particular phone, not really which one is better. They are very close in quality.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Maybe a better title would be: "This is why I like the Galaxy S4 better than the HTC One." Because it really comes down to subjective analysis. Do you dislike the button on the top of the HTC one, but you like the front speakers ? Or do you like the removable battery and the micro SD on the S4. It really comes down to why YOU like a particular phone, not really which one is better. They are very close in quality.

This. You can't possibly objectively say that one is better than the other. You can say that one is better than the other in a certain category, but overall, it comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

It's astonishing how some people have deluded themselves into thinking their opinions are established fact.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

Maybe a better title would be: "This is why I like the Galaxy S4 better than the HTC One."
I agree Jim. The title sets the tone, and the title of this thread is very misleading. It's like being at a car forum and having someone claim "This is why the Camaro is better than the Corvette". While the Camaro might have some pluses (easier on your pocketbook for example) most open-minded people would agree that the Corvette is a better purchase. Guess it all comes down to each persons definition of the word "better" and how they apply it. Having said that they are both pieces of electronics, and so each one can be measured and rated accordingly. When doing that (in the real world) there is no doubt that the HTC One will come out ahead. A perfect example is in the area of performance. The S4 looks good on paper, but in the real world many reviewers have shown that it lags at times, and isn't as smooth as the One. This might be because of the documented S4 heating issues, or maybe they are using it at the time with Wi-Fi (the s4 also has documented wi-fi issues, confirmed by samsung).

It's harder to rate features. That, I agree, is highly subjective. No one is denying that the S4 isn't packed with lots of features, but most of them make better party tricks then something useful in the real world. This makes the plastic S4 feel gimmicky. One thing that samsung has done much better than HTC (or any other phone manufacture) has been to distribute and market the phone. Fortunately many see right through samsungs hype, and S4 sales have now dropped around 30% and continue to fall.

samsung-advertising-spend-2012.jpeg

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Wow, nice to know that I bought my phone due to hype because someone on the Internet told me I did. lol

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I agree Jim. The title sets the tone, and the title of this thread is very misleading. It's like being at a car forum and having someone claim "This is why the Camaro is better than the Corvette". While the Camaro might have some pluses (easier on your pocketbook for example) most open-minded people would agree that the Corvette is a better purchase. Guess it all comes down to each persons definition of the word "better" and how they apply it. Having said that they are both pieces of electronics, and so each one can be measured and rated accordingly. When doing that (in the real world) there is no doubt that the HTC One will come out ahead. A perfect example is in the area of performance. The S4 looks good on paper, but in the real world many reviewers have shown that it lags at times, and isn't as smooth as the One. This might be because of the documented S4 heating issues, or maybe they are using it at the time with Wi-Fi (the s4 also has documented wi-fi issues, confirmed by samsung).

It's harder to rate features. That, I agree, is highly subjective. No one is denying that the S4 isn't packed with lots of features, but most of them make better party tricks then something useful in the real world. This makes the plastic S4 feel gimmicky. One thing that samsung has done much better than HTC (or any other phone manufacture) has been to distribute and market the phone. Fortunately many see right through samsungs hype, and S4 sales have now dropped around 30% and continue to fall.

http://boygeniusreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/samsung-advertising-spend-2012.jpeg

FALSE, sales have not fallen. Sales estimates have been cut. The S4 is currently selling in record numbers, however the entire high end smartphone market is taking a hit AND Samsung is eating into its own projected sales with other models. Facts are rather stubborn.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

FALSE, sales have not fallen. Sales estimates have been cut. The S4 is currently selling in record numbers, however the entire high end smartphone market is taking a hit AND Samsung is eating into its own projected sales with other models. Facts are rather stubborn.

Hey, if it's on the Internet and you can Google it, you MUST take it at face value. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21